Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

The dregs of birther remainders.

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
pipistrelle

Re: The dregs of birther remainders.

Post by pipistrelle »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 1:11 pm
bob wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 12:31 pm Look who woke up:
<snip twit>
Which idiot shitbag is running that account?
That account with a stupendous 49 followers?
bob

Post by bob »

P&E: Twitter Suspends Account of “The Obama Timeline” Author:
On Sunday, the author of the long-running “The Obama Timeline” website, Don Fredrick, reported his Twitter account suspended permanently for allegedly “violating the Twitter rules.”

The suspension was invoked for “violating our policy on spreading misleading and potentially harmful information related to COVID-19,” Twitter wrote on its notice. “You may not use Twitter’s services to share false or misleading information about COVID-19 which may lead to harm.”

The tweet which appears to have prompted the action states that in regard to COVID-19 vaccines, “Technically the EUA [Emergency Use Authorization] is improper because it should apply only in cases where there is no treatment available. But there is effective treatment (HCQ, Ivermectin, etc.) Big Pharma and Fauci have to ridicule those treatments to keep their scam going.”

The decision is non-appealable, the company said in a follow-up statement to Fredrick.

In a comment to this writer on Monday, Fredrick wrote:
Fredrick wrote:The Twitter Gestapo have been monitoring me for some time. I do not use profanity or threats, of course, but I am also blunt and sarcastic! . . . .

I am also a few weeks into a 30-day “time-out” from Facebook (also for mentioning Ivermectin, if I recall correctly), but I remain on Gab.com. I have started posting “random thoughts” on my web site, where I do not censor myself!
Some jerk* might have repeatedly reported Fredrick to Twitter.

* :whistle:
Image ImageImage
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Does anyone remember the name -- Tru-something, I think -- of the Florida git, a birther, who, finding himself on a Florida grand jury, possibly as chairman, smuggled in a birther indictment and tried to file it with the clerk of court. He was prosecuted and convicted for his misconduct, and died in prison.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

chancery wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:05 pm Does anyone remember the name -- Tru-something, I think -- of the Florida git, a birther, who, finding himself on a Florida grand jury, possibly as chairman, smuggled in a birther indictment and tried to file it with the clerk of court. He was prosecuted and convicted for his misconduct, and died in prison.
Terry Trussell. I don't recall that being a birther indictment but he, acting under the color of law as a real grand jury foreman, smuggled in his fake grand jury, created falke true bills, filed them, and was promptly convicted. He died in a Florida prison.

Walter Fitzpatrick got himself in hot water for trying to arrest the real grand jury foreman after the GJ would not take up Walt's birther indictments.
101010 :towel:
bob

Post by bob »

northland10 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:12 pmTerry Trussell. I don't recall that being a birther indictment but he, acting under the color of law as a real grand jury foreman, smuggled in his fake grand jury, created falke true bills, filed them, and was promptly convicted. He died in a Florida prison.
Trussell's martyrdom was over ... Common Core teaching. :yawn:

In looking up Trussell's case, I came across this 2016 blog post from Bob Hurt, who (IIRC) was a troll/member of TFB 1.0 (RIP):
Look up Terry Trussell's case documents at the Dixie County Florida clerk's web site. In June a jury found Terry (70) guilty of several counts of impersonation and intimidation of public officers when he sought to get them arrested for a presentment he engineered under the common law or citizens grand jury. Last week the court sentenced him to 105 months in prison.

On the last day of the trial, I wrote this:
Terry Trussell just sent me word that the Jury is out. His trial started Monday, 6 June 2016, and ended today.

Naturally, Terry hopes they will acquit him of the charges of impersonating a public officer and simulated legal process in a case that has drug on for two years. Court officials ran Terry off the real Dixie County FL grand jury, and he proceeded to work with the common law grand jury to indict half a score of officials including former governor Charlie Crist and local school board members for their accepting federal bribe money for shoving the Common Core public school curriculum down the throats of the public.

Tomorrow, Terry will busy himself either preparing a civil lawsuit against his antagonists, or getting used to a jail cell, depending upon the Jury's verdict.

While you sit on the edge of your seat, enjoy the videos posted at fogbow for the pleasure of snarky, sarcastic lawyer types who have, in their typical incognito fashion behaved like spoiled, supercilious high school students by belittling Terry and his attorney Inger Garcia thoroughout the 4-day proceeding. They pull no punches in expressing their loathing and revulsion for Sovereign Citizens or any patriotic Americans who have taken activist stances against what they consider government corruption. . . .

As much as I love to hate those fogbow assholes, I really appreciate one of their members' posting the videos, particularly since none of Terry's patriot community supporters bothered to do it.
:thumbsup:

Those "snarky, sarcastic lawyer types" who ... correctly predicted every step of Trussell's case and appeal.
Image ImageImage
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

northland10 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:12 pm Terry Trussell. I don't recall that being a birther indictment but he, acting under the color of law as a real grand jury foreman, smuggled in his fake grand jury, created falke true bills, filed them, and was promptly convicted. He died in a Florida prison.
bob wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:35 pm Trussell's martyrdom was over ... Common Core teaching. :yawn:
Foreman, not chairman. And I'd completely forgotten that Trussell's hobbyhorse was the Common Core. What a hill to die on. :lol:

Thanks to both of you.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

'Course, today Terry Trussell, if'n he were still with us, would be writing letters from prison, and in a perfect world, he'd send them to Rudy Davis. And he'd be very unhappy about Critical Race Theory, the successor to Common Core as the official bugbear of skeevy old white guys.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:52 pm 'Course, today Terry Trussell, if'n he were still with us, would be writing letters from prison, and in a perfect world, he'd send them to Rudy Davis. And he'd be very unhappy about Critical Race Theory, the successor to Common Core as the official bugbear of skeevy old white guys.
Skeevy old white guys who have no clue as to what either subject really is.
bob

Post by bob »

Elon Musk's winning Time's Person of Year has brought out a new (to me) subclass of birthers: the pro-Musk ones.

E.g.: "If Obama could be president, so can Musk!"; "Unlike Obama, Musk's actually African American!" Etc.

(And, yes, I know Musk is a naturalized citizen.)
Image ImageImage
filly

Post by filly »

NBC aside, just what we need another mentally unstable megalomaniac who doesn't pay taxes.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Look what popped up on a Google Alert for "Mike Zullo" and " Cold Case Posse" from way back! From Politifact:

No, Barack Obama’s birth certificate isn’t a fake
In the year 2021, more than four years since former President Barack Obama left office — more than 13 since he was first elected president — we are still encountering claims questioning his U.S. citizenship and his birth certificate.

Over more than a decade, PolitiFact has fact-checked 30-some statements about Obama’s birthplace.

Here’s one more.

A Dec. 14 blog post that’s spreading widely on social media retreads familiar territory.

"Probe," the title says. "Obama certificate a fake." It goes on to claim that "an exhaustive forensic investigation into President Obama’s birth certificate has concluded that it is a fraudulently created document, which was represented as an official copy." The probe, according to the post, was led by Joe Arpaio, the former sheriff of Maricopa County, Ariz., "chief investigator Mike Zullo and two forensic experts."

Arpaio did gather reporters with Zullo, a member of the sheriff’s Cold Case Posse, to announce that after investigating Obama’s birth certificate, they concluded that the document was forged.

But that was in December 2016. This is not new, and it’s been thoroughly debunked.

This post was flagged as part of Facebook’s efforts to combat false news and misinformation on its News Feed. (Read more about our partnership with Facebook.)
It was triggered by this blog post:
https://archive.md/5hfNR

Here is a "live" link to the Call Me Stormy blog:
https://callmestormy.net/2021/12/14/pro ... te-a-fake/

I suspect fact based comments will not make it through moderation. ;)
Hey, my comment actually got published. :o
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:lol:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

bob wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:59 pm P&E: Twitter Suspends Account of “The Obama Timeline” Author:
On Sunday, the author of the long-running “The Obama Timeline” website, Don Fredrick, reported his Twitter account suspended permanently for allegedly “violating the Twitter rules.”

The suspension was invoked for “violating our policy on spreading misleading and potentially harmful information related to COVID-19,” Twitter wrote on its notice. “You may not use Twitter’s services to share false or misleading information about COVID-19 which may lead to harm.”

The tweet which appears to have prompted the action states that in regard to COVID-19 vaccines, “Technically the EUA [Emergency Use Authorization] is improper because it should apply only in cases where there is no treatment available. But there is effective treatment (HCQ, Ivermectin, etc.) Big Pharma and Fauci have to ridicule those treatments to keep their scam going.”

The decision is non-appealable, the company said in a follow-up statement to Fredrick.

In a comment to this writer on Monday, Fredrick wrote:
Fredrick wrote:The Twitter Gestapo have been monitoring me for some time. I do not use profanity or threats, of course, but I am also blunt and sarcastic! . . . .

I am also a few weeks into a 30-day “time-out” from Facebook (also for mentioning Ivermectin, if I recall correctly), but I remain on Gab.com. I have started posting “random thoughts” on my web site, where I do not censor myself!
Some jerk* might have repeatedly reported Fredrick to Twitter.

* :whistle:
Aww shame I kept replying to fredrick but he wouldn't respond. I kicked his ass back on the amazon board back in the days. His Obama Timeline was so filled with holes.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

Fredrick wrote: The Twitter Gestapo have been monitoring me for some time. I do not use profanity or threats, of course, but I am also blunt and sarcastic! . . . .
He may not use profanity or threats, but he does wallow and glory in stupidity, ignorance, and more importantly misinformation. Last I checked those are Twatter No No's.
bob

Post by bob »

notorial dissent wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 1:44 pm
Fredrick wrote: The Twitter Gestapo have been monitoring me for some time. I do not use profanity or threats, of course, but I am also blunt and sarcastic! . . . .
He may not use profanity or threats, but he does wallow and glory in stupidity, ignorance, and more importantly misinformation. Last I checked those are Twatter No No's.
Yeah: Fredrick frequently had spread disinformation (a violation of Twitter's rules) and used non-profane but still offensive slurs against protected groups (also a rules violation).
Image ImageImage
bob

Post by bob »

Reality Check wrote: Fri Jun 18, 2021 1:05 pm
bob wrote: Wed Jun 16, 2021 2:10 pm So: American Samoa.

American Samoa is an unincorporated territory, and its citizens are considered U.S. nationals, and not U.S. citizens. A district court had ruled they were U.S. citizens, but today the 10th Cir. reversed that ruling.

:snippity:
I skimmed through the decision. There is not much (if anything) in there to help the two citizen parent Birthers except that the 10th rejected the idea that WKA required using English common law when applied to US citizenship. The 10th rather relied on the Insular cases of the early 20th century which even the court admitted were somewhat racist decisions. It will be interesting to see if the full 10th or SCOTUS takes up the case on appeal. The lower court had deviated dramatically from previous cases on American Samoan citizenship so it is not surprising that the 10th would find a way to maintain the status quo.
"For completeness," the 10th Cir., over dissent, denied the en banc petition:
Image ImageImage
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Pardon my ignorance, but what, exactly is the difference between a US National and a US Citizen?

I believe that both are eligible for US passports. If not, US nationals, such as the residents of American Samoa, would not be able to travel anywhere in the world.

If they are not US citizens, are they citizens of ANY country?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

noblepa wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:38 pm Pardon my ignorance, but what, exactly is the difference between a US National and a US Citizen?

I believe that both are eligible for US passports. If not, US nationals, such as the residents of American Samoa, would not be able to travel anywhere in the world.

If they are not US citizens, are they citizens of ANY country?
From https://www.usimmigration.org/glossary/u-s-national
U.S. National Definition

A U.S. national is a person born in American Samoa or in the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. Additionally, it also includes those born outside of U.S. territory to two U.S. national parents, or those born abroad to one alien parent and one U.S. national parent. All U.S. citizens are U.S. nationals. However there are some U.S. nationals that are not U.S. citizens.

U.S. nationals cannot vote or run for public office. However, U.S. nationals are allowed to work and reside anywhere in the United States without any restrictions. U.S. nationals may apply for U.S. citizenship through naturalization process.
Hic sunt dracones
notorial dissent

IANAL, but I have never understood the rationale for why Samoa and Marianus are treated differently than any of the other American territories. I think it was a valid position when there were trust territories that would one day become independent, but I just don't see this happening with Samoa. The 10th has always been a bit weird though.
bob

Post by bob »

notorial dissent wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:26 pm IANAL, but I have never understood the rationale for why Samoa and Marianus are treated differently than any of the other American territories. I think it was a valid position when there were trust territories that would one day become independent, but I just don't see this happening with Samoa. The 10th has always been a bit weird though.
For the Samoans at least, it is a matter of identity. A majority of Samoans don't want to be U.S. citizens; they want to be Samoans. The underlying lawsuit was brought by a minority of Samoans who do want to be (natural-born) U.S. citizens.
Image ImageImage
notorial dissent

bob wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:34 pm
notorial dissent wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 9:26 pm IANAL, but I have never understood the rationale for why Samoa and Marianus are treated differently than any of the other American territories. I think it was a valid position when there were trust territories that would one day become independent, but I just don't see this happening with Samoa. The 10th has always been a bit weird though.
For the Samoans at least, it is a matter of identity. A majority of Samoans don't want to be U.S. citizens; they want to be Samoans. The underlying lawsuit was brought by a minority of Samoans who do want to be (natural-born) U.S. citizens.
The identity issue I was aware of and understand, but that doesn't change the underlying issue.
bob

Post by bob »

notorial dissent wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:58 pmThe identity issue I was aware of and understand, but that doesn't change the underlying issue.
The legal issue delves into the difference between incorporated and unincorporated territories, and whether the difference should impact U.S. citizenship. American Samoa does not want to become an incorporated territory, to ensure that its citizens aren't automatically made U.S. citizens.
Image ImageImage
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

bob wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:26 pm
notorial dissent wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:58 pmThe identity issue I was aware of and understand, but that doesn't change the underlying issue.
The legal issue delves into the difference between incorporated and unincorporated territories, and whether the difference should impact U.S. citizenship. American Samoa does not want to become an incorporated territory, to ensure that its citizens aren't automatically made U.S. citizens.
I would assume for most of us this is a distinction without a difference. I mean, for all practical purposes, the Samoan unification/identity movements are as much a clear and never-evolving minority as the pro-American citizenship faction from everything I've heard since I started becoming more aware of U.S. colonization and territorial misadministration as an undergraduate almost 35 years ago. I can't see this being resolved before climate change swallows Polynesia.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
notorial dissent

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 4:00 am
bob wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:26 pm
I would assume for most of us this is a distinction without a difference. I mean, for all practical purposes, the Samoan unification/identity movements are as much a clear and never-evolving minority as the pro-American citizenship faction from everything I've heard since I started becoming more aware of U.S. colonization and territorial misadministration as an undergraduate almost 35 years ago. I can't see this being resolved before climate change swallows Polynesia.
I pretty much agree with what you are saying. My admittedly very limited perception, and the perception of people I know who have lived/worked there is that there is no clear consensus among the population one way or another, and not likely to be. My feeling is that they should be considered US citizens until they aren't, like we did in the Philippines.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Can Samoans get a US passport?

Return to “Other weirdos”