Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Annrc
Verified:

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by Annrc »

Wow! So much talent. Sugar and rvinit. Beautiful!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Brava, Ladies!!!! Brava!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by Slim Cognito »

A friend and I are going on the annual Holiday pub crawl/trolley tour this evening. We always dress up because they have a costume photo contest. This will be the second time we've done Christmas Vacation but the first time I've dressed as Cousin Eddie in the scene where he's, ahem, cleaning out the RV. I've had the costume* for a while but I decided I needed an appropriate purse. I found a cardboard box just the right size.

A little duct tape, a little spray paint, some toy wheels because you never know when you'll need toy wheels and voila!

The beauty of it is, the worse it looks, the better it looks.
Cousin Eddies RV.jpg
Cousin Eddies RV.jpg (172.72 KiB) Viewed 784 times
*I have leggings that almost perfectly match my skin tone. I bet I'll freak out more than a couple of people tonight, but I'm debating whether or not I should throw on a pair of boxers over them. Thoughts?
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by Frater I*I »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sat Nov 25, 2023 12:46 pm A friend and I are going on the annual Holiday pub crawl/trolley tour this evening. We always dress up because they have a costume photo contest. This will be the second time we've done Christmas Vacation but the first time I've dressed as Cousin Eddie in the scene where he's, ahem, cleaning out the RV. I've had the costume* for a while but I decided I needed an appropriate purse. I found a cardboard box just the right size.

A little duct tape, a little spray paint, some toy wheels because you never know when you'll need toy wheels and voila!

The beauty of it is, the worse it looks, the better it looks.

:snippity:

*I have leggings that almost perfectly match my skin tone. I bet I'll freak out more than a couple of people tonight, but I'm debating whether or not I should throw on a pair of boxers over them. Thoughts?
1: "Shitter's full!!!!"

2: Do it :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by RTH10260 »

RVInit

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by RVInit »

I've been on a knitting at night kick lately. One of my favorite items to knit are socks because I really like to be able to wear items that I knit. I do enjoy knitting shawls as well, especially lighter weight lacy shawls. I live in Florida and the weather here restricts somewhat the kinds of knitting projects that would e truly useful. So socks and lacy shawls are pretty much the limit of what I tend to make, with the occasional lightweight sweater sprinkled in here and there.

I got a kick out of listening to this particular video last night while knitting my latest pair of socks. I made a pair of yoga socks for my younger sister last week. She is enjoying them. I let her loose on my sock yarn stash and she picked out which yarn to make them out of. I have to confess my heart sank when she settled on the yarn she wanted as it was one I had hoped to make myself a pair of socks from. But I put on my poker face and knitted them up from the yarn she chose. But since they are yoga socks which don't have toes or heels and are fairly short I have enough left to make myself some super shorties from! :lol:

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by Flatpoint High »

I'm still trying to get started on the gifts for my Grand niece and nephew
so much for the baby blankets
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by bill_g »

RVInit wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:22 pm I've been on a knitting at night kick lately.
Too bad we aren't neighbors. I'm still sitting on a treasure of yarn.
RVInit

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by RVInit »

bill_g wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:24 pm
RVInit wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 3:22 pm I've been on a knitting at night kick lately.
Too bad we aren't neighbors. I'm still sitting on a treasure of yarn.
:bighug: I am yarn crazy enough that I would probably gladly take it off your hands! But seriously if you pass the word around I bet someone would LOVE to have some of that. Within any group of friends and acquaintances there is usually at least one who knits or crochets or knows someone who does.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
bill_g

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by bill_g »

RVInit wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:47 am :bighug: I am yarn crazy enough that I would probably gladly take it off your hands! But seriously if you pass the word around I bet someone would LOVE to have some of that. Within any group of friends and acquaintances there is usually at least one who knits or crochets or knows someone who does.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
RVInit

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by RVInit »

bill_g wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 9:31 am
RVInit wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 8:47 am :bighug: I am yarn crazy enough that I would probably gladly take it off your hands! But seriously if you pass the word around I bet someone would LOVE to have some of that. Within any group of friends and acquaintances there is usually at least one who knits or crochets or knows someone who does.
Hidden Content
What type of lacemaking did Barbara do? I tat and most of my crochet work tends to be lacy doilies unless I'm making a crocheted project bags. But most of my lacemaking is done by shuttle tatting. I make the distinction about the type of tatting I do because needle tatting has become vary popular among newer tatters as you don't have to deal with learning how to "flip" stitches which is required for shuttle tatting. I love that your friend make a keepsake from some of the yarn, that is actually a very fitting use for something that belonged to her and is associated with something she got so much pleasure from.
--Colin Kaepernick
bill_g

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by bill_g »

RVInit wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:01 pm What type of lacemaking did Barbara do? I tat and most of my crochet work tends to be lacy doilies unless I'm making a crocheted project bags. But most of my lacemaking is done by shuttle tatting. I make the distinction about the type of tatting I do because needle tatting has become vary popular among newer tatters as you don't have to deal with learning how to "flip" stitches which is required for shuttle tatting. I love that your friend make a keepsake from some of the yarn, that is actually a very fitting use for something that belonged to her and is associated with something she got so much pleasure from.
Well, I don't know what kind she did. She and her friend spent hours weaving / winding multiple threads around a series of pin posts that ultimately turned into a long continuous lace piece about six inches wide. What the ultimate project was I'm not certain. I know somewhere around here are/were some lace table runners she made. We have a scadillion doilies - small, med, large, white, beige, brown, pink, square, round, rectangle, lumpy, flat, stained ... a whole bunch under every table frame photo, vase, doll, etc. Some of them are crocheted string I think. Some are from her lace maker. There's a difference in thread weight with lace being finer. She has bolts of store bought lace. Boxes of lace trim too.

She had her lace period before she moved on to something else.
RVInit

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by RVInit »

bill_g wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 6:08 pm
RVInit wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2024 2:01 pm What type of lacemaking did Barbara do? I tat and most of my crochet work tends to be lacy doilies unless I'm making a crocheted project bags. But most of my lacemaking is done by shuttle tatting. I make the distinction about the type of tatting I do because needle tatting has become vary popular among newer tatters as you don't have to deal with learning how to "flip" stitches which is required for shuttle tatting. I love that your friend make a keepsake from some of the yarn, that is actually a very fitting use for something that belonged to her and is associated with something she got so much pleasure from.
Well, I don't know what kind she did. She and her friend spent hours weaving / winding multiple threads around a series of pin posts that ultimately turned into a long continuous lace piece about six inches wide. What the ultimate project was I'm not certain. I know somewhere around here are/were some lace table runners she made. We have a scadillion doilies - small, med, large, white, beige, brown, pink, square, round, rectangle, lumpy, flat, stained ... a whole bunch under every table frame photo, vase, doll, etc. Some of them are crocheted string I think. Some are from her lace maker. There's a difference in thread weight with lace being finer. She has bolts of store bought lace. Boxes of lace trim too.

She had her lace period before she moved on to something else.
I have watched video of that type of lacemaking. It was hard work to stop myself from buying the supplies to do it, it really looked like an enjoyable art with so many possibilities. I decides that shuttle tatting, sewing, knitting and crochet were enough and managed to overcome the strong desire to add bobbin lace making (I think that is what it's called) to the mix. I can totally see why your wife became interested in it. I bet you have some lovely lace.

"her lace period..." :lol:
--Colin Kaepernick
bill_g

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by bill_g »

RVInit wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 10:56 am I have watched video of that type of lacemaking. It was hard work to stop myself from buying the supplies to do it, it really looked like an enjoyable art with so many possibilities. I decides that shuttle tatting, sewing, knitting and crochet were enough and managed to overcome the strong desire to add bobbin lace making (I think that is what it's called) to the mix. I can totally see why your wife became interested in it. I bet you have some lovely lace.

"her lace period..." :lol:
My morning view.
20240404_080748.jpg
20240404_080748.jpg (408.26 KiB) Viewed 249 times
Like so many artists, she had very distinct periods in her creations. When she got into something, she went head and heels. Whatever she had been doing was abandoned which is why I had tubs of unfinished projects now.
RVInit

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by RVInit »

Oh, she did absolutely beautiful work. Those curtains are stunning. She was indeed an artist.
--Colin Kaepernick
bill_g

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by bill_g »

RVInit wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:19 am Oh, she did absolutely beautiful work. Those curtains are stunning. She was indeed an artist.
Hidden Content
RVInit

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by RVInit »

bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:47 am
RVInit wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 11:19 am Oh, she did absolutely beautiful work. Those curtains are stunning. She was indeed an artist.
Hidden Content
Hidden Content
--Colin Kaepernick
bill_g

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by bill_g »

RVInit wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:12 pm
Hidden Content
She was my Frieda. God Bless her. I love her and miss her.
RVInit

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by RVInit »

bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:25 pm
Hidden Content
:bighug: I am so sorry for your loss. We are all here for you, I know that isn't the same, but it's sincere.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

YES!!!!! I have inspired periods of creativity particularly when learning something new. The energy is not to be denied. It must OUT!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by bill_g »

RVInit wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 1:59 pm
bill_g wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:25 pm
Hidden Content
:bighug: I am so sorry for your loss. We are all here for you, I know that isn't the same, but it's sincere.
... and appreciated. :hattip:
RVInit

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by RVInit »

I never knew that Ken Burns collects quilts. This is wonderful.

--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by AndyinPA »

You used the right word. Wonderful!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
bill_g

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by bill_g »

RVInit wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:57 am I never knew that Ken Burns collects quilts. This is wonderful.

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdlRU5B3YsM
Very nice. Excellent work. Thank you.

The City of Beaverton has a two story open lobby with a perpetual display of quilts that changes twice a year. Tillamook County painted numerous large tiles with quilt mosaics and hung them on open spaces like barn walls facing the highway.
sugar magnolia

Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by sugar magnolia »

bill_g wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:26 pm
RVInit wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:57 am I never knew that Ken Burns collects quilts. This is wonderful.

https: //www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdlRU5B3YsM
Very nice. Excellent work. Thank you.

The City of Beaverton has a two story open lobby with a perpetual display of quilts that changes twice a year. Tillamook County painted numerous large tiles with quilt mosaics and hung them on open spaces like barn walls facing the highway.
Sisters, OR has a fabulous quilt show throughout their town every year, too. It's the world's largest outdoor quilt show and has well over 1000 quilts on display. They hang them on porches and balconies and buildings. Second Saturday in July every year.
The big quilt blocks are all over the country and are called barn quilts. We had a 4'x4' one on the studio for a while but a tornado-ish wind took it out a while back. https://barnquiltinfo.com/ has a map of all the ones that have been registered and many states have their own barn quilt trails.

Return to “General Stuff”