Fogbow Arts and Crafts

RVInit

Re: Fogbow Arts and Crafts

Post by RVInit »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:19 pm
Phoenix wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:13 pm
Maybenaut, is that going to be a cabinet door! Beauty work.

These will be actual double doors leading to our bedroom. There are 15-light glass doors now with sheers. First I wanted solid doors, then thought, no, I can make something really cool.

I’m finishing up a quilt for a friend and then I’m going to get back to my sweet sister’s quilt. It’s the Hugs and Kisses pattern from Jordan Fabrics. It’s made entirely out of HSTs* sewn into 16-square blocks in different configurations. I got super dizzy trying to put it together without using a design wall or other aide.

LOVE the quilt! So, so sorry about Ash. Hope you guys are healing.
Those doors are going to be amazing. That is beautiful work, wow! Can't wait to see the final photo with the doors installed!
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Phoenix wrote: Wed Jul 14, 2021 8:13 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sun Jul 11, 2021 9:33 pm RV-

I love your work. That red and black piece has me salivating!!! :drool:
I adore the polar bears. :lovestruck:

Maybenaut, is that going to be a cabinet door? Beauty work.

I’m finishing up a quilt for a friend and then I’m going to get back to my sweet sister’s quilt. It’s the Hugs and Kisses pattern from Jordan Fabrics. It’s made entirely out of HSTs* sewn into 16-square blocks in different configurations. I got super dizzy trying to put it together without using a design wall or other aide.
47E296E7-7DA4-4154-9564-539FC4D8397D.jpeg

I made so many mistakes! I’ve ripped out, resewed, and ripped out again about half the blocks. But I’m back on track now. I think… :?

I hadn’t figured out the back until now. I’m getting a T-shirt, pair of jeans and beanie from my sis, all Ash’s . He loved white Ts. And red beanies. I’m going to use a big piece of orange batik with butterflies, appliqué ( is that the right term?) the clothes on after, as if he’s giving her his signature bear hug. Damn, he was a GREAT hugger. :brokenheart:

Sorry for the terrible pic. :bag: I’m moving my sewing room upstairs and have no lamps left in that room

* Half Square Triangles
The quilt is looking great so far. I am thinking about making a quilt out of the remainders of the fabrics I used to make Covid masks. I watch those Jordan fabric videos sometimes, she makes it look so easy! :lol: I'm with you, though, I still have some of the unused blocks that I managed to screw up when all I was making was a set of quilted place mats! :lol:

:bighug:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

OMG! OMG! OMG!

The doors!!!

The jewelry!!!!

OMG!
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

:bighug: RVinit, I was in Grants Pass in early June and had hoped to visit Jordan Fabrics. I watched a million videos while I was learning, including hers. For some reason, I guess because she does make it look easy and fun at the same time, I’ve tried her designs and techniques more than others. Alas, the store was still COVID-closed. I did buy some layer cakes online for pickup just so I could say I’d been there. :geek:

I stopped at a quilt shop near Eureka on the trip back, in the redwoods. It was very cozy and full of fabulous colors. It is run by a retired Special Ed teacher, for whom in general I have a special fondness. :lovestruck: Bought a bunch of stuff.

Question: how do you keep moths out of your fabric stash?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Phoenix wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:24 pm :bighug: RVinit, I was in Grants Pass in early June and had hoped to visit Jordan Fabrics. I watched a million videos while I was learning, including hers. For some reason, I guess because she does make it look easy and fun at the same time, I’ve tried her designs and techniques more than others. Alas, the store was still COVID-closed. I did buy some layer cakes online for pickup just so I could say I’d been there. :geek:

I stopped at a quilt shop near Eureka on the trip back, in the redwoods. It was very cozy and full of fabulous colors. It is run by a retired Special Ed teacher, for whom in general I have a special fondness. :lovestruck: Bought a bunch of stuff.

I keep all my fabric in plastic totes (clear so I can see them).
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:40 pm
Phoenix wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 4:24 pm :bighug: RVinit, I was in Grants Pass in early June and had hoped to visit Jordan Fabrics. I watched a million videos while I was learning, including hers. For some reason, I guess because she does make it look easy and fun at the same time, I’ve tried her designs and techniques more than others. Alas, the store was still COVID-closed. I did buy some layer cakes online for pickup just so I could say I’d been there. :geek:

I keep all my fabric in plastic totes (clear so I can see them).
I do the same thing and so far, so good. I haven't had any moth problems so far.
--Colin Kaepernick
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Flashing back to pine needle weaving, Estiveo's Mom collected Native American art & crafts which I inherited, and in said collection is a pine needle basket. It's probably Ohlone, and between 100 to 120 years old. There's a little decay on the lid & near the rim, but otherwise in good shape for its age. It's about 4½" in diameter.
Estiveoshot_20210715_151224.jpg
Estiveoshot_20210715_151209.jpg
Estiveoshot_20210715_151154.jpg
Also, an unrelated display of how to fill an oddly shaped space, in this case a long, sloping space on a ledge overlooking the living room. I took a small Chinese dragon kite and mounted it on dowels & 2x6 maple plank. The Salish totem pole joined it later.
Estiveoshot_20210715_150429.jpg
Estiveoshot_20210715_150450.jpg
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Lovely basket. And a neat idea for the kite.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:49 pm Lovely basket. And a neat idea for the kite.
Yes!! I love seeing what other people do with their spaces.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Estiveo wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 6:35 pm Flashing back to pine needle weaving, Estiveo's Mom collected Native American art & crafts which I inherited, and in said collection is a pine needle basket. It's probably Ohlone, and between 100 to 120 years old. There's a little decay on the lid & near the rim, but otherwise in good shape for its age. It's about 4½" in diameter.
Estiveoshot_20210715_151224.jpgEstiveoshot_20210715_151209.jpg
Estiveoshot_20210715_151154.jpg

Also, an unrelated display of how to fill an oddly shaped space, in this case a long, sloping space on a ledge overlooking the living room. I took a small Chinese dragon kite and mounted it on dowels & 2x6 maple plank. The Salish totem pole joined it later.
Estiveoshot_20210715_150429.jpg
Estiveoshot_20210715_150450.jpg
Brilliant!
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Very cool, Estiveo!
--Colin Kaepernick
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Cool dragon kite. Now, when I see a space in a home that needs something, here's my arts and craft dream for it.

101010 :towel:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

RVInit wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:59 am Very cool, Estiveo!
Yes!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

That’s gorgeous, Northland!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

N10 - love the decor! Wonder what the acoustics are like?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

It's gonna be LOUD in there. :notlistening:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

You can count on Northland to pull out all the stops.
Image Image Image Image
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:rimshot:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 10:05 am N10 - love the decor! Wonder what the acoustics are like?
So do I (it is sadly not mine). It wouldn't fit in my tiny place. I did once attend a organ event in a private home where organ was at least as large as the photo I found but the room was the same or smalle. I assume the organ tech revoiced the instrument to fit bit it is interesting to hear a larger instrument in a smaller room.
101010 :towel:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I am not able to see Northland10's image, it just has the image icon on my screen. I wonder if anyone else is having the same problem. Oh well, I'm sure it must be pretty cool, based on the comments.
--Colin Kaepernick
Phoenix

Post by Phoenix »

:yeahthat:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Yeah, it's disappeared for me too, also, and Google says the link is now forbidden. ☠
Image Image Image Image
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Estiveo wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:25 am Yeah, it's disappeared for me too, also, and Google says the link is now forbidden. ☠
A hard 403 error.

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Not sure this is the image that has disappeared but the first picture of the “Vestavia” is close.

https://www.blackstoneorgan.org/history
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Oh, my. That is a thing of beauty. Thanks for posting, that is worth taking a look-see.
--Colin Kaepernick

Return to “General Stuff”