These people suck. They are bad people.
sad-cafe

Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

Post by sad-cafe »

I heard she got heckled today but am not finding any video
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

sad-cafe wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 8:25 pm I heard she got heckled today but am not finding any video
I can't remember where I saw that. :shrug:

:rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

I don't recall either.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... ar-AAWxjSh
Republican Representative Marjorie Taylor Greene listed the Oversight, Judiciary, and Foreign Affairs as the top three committees she wants to serve on in case the GOP takes over the majority of Congress in the upcoming midterm elections.

"I'd be honored to serve on Oversight to hold the Democrats accountable for abusing their power, Judiciary to push through my articles of impeachment on Joe Biden, and Foreign Affairs to put America First and China Last and stop the never-ending wars pushed by globalist neocons," she said in an interview that was published by the Rome News-Tribune Sunday.
:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

She had been a congresswoman exactly two weeks and was texting the White House chief of staff about imposing martial law.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Attorney who questioned Marjorie Taylor Greene reacts to her testimony
Video at the link.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

The little smirks after “ I don’t remember.”
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:06 pm The little smirks after “ I don’t remember.”
She's sooo cleverrrr.

Representative Greene - you are not three anymore, and what you say matters.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I agree. It runs on the same kind of "I get to decide what the Constitution means" logic that so much else does in this country, and circumvents what should be proper process for this kind of thing.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I watched a couple of abbreviated clips of her testimony. I am wondering...

In this situation, and in another trial that I viewed from the gallery years ago when the respondent in a large civil suit was testifying, the person who is being examined looks directly at counsel before answering.

Why?

It seems to me that testimony is rehearsed before direct or cross examination, so any need to get subtle cues from counsel should be barred. It is like having crib notes and cheating on a test. But then, I am not in the legal profession, so it might be one of those anything goes and zealous representation situations that are entirely within the rules.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

humblescribe wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:41 pm I watched a couple of abbreviated clips of her testimony. I am wondering...

In this situation, and in another trial that I viewed from the gallery years ago when the respondent in a large civil suit was testifying, the person who is being examined looks directly at counsel before answering.

Why?

It seems to me that testimony is rehearsed before direct or cross examination, so any need to get subtle cues from counsel should be barred. It is like having crib notes and cheating on a test. But then, I am not in the legal profession, so it might be one of those anything goes and zealous representation situations that are entirely within the rules.
This is just a guess (IANAL), but they may be watching to see if their lawyer is going to object to the question before they start their answer so they don't accidentally say something incriminatory when they might be able to avoid the question all together.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

humblescribe wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 3:41 pm I watched a couple of abbreviated clips of her testimony. I am wondering...

Why?

There was chatter that during the first break attorney took her aside and said, “Work the amnesia angle.” As an explanation for why suddenly she couldn’t remember anything. Until exhibits were mentioned. :boxing:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Bill Donohue? I believe this qualifies as poot fight.
► Show Spoiler
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:53 pm Bill Donohue? I believe this qualifies as poot fight.
I remember digging into the "Catholic League" a couple years ago, including downloading their Form 990s. Basically, it's a grift to pay Bill Donahue a ludicrous salary. There are (IIRC) about 4 employees for the whole thing, but they have (as of a few years ago) a $30+ million reserve fund. Not sure whether it came from a single large donor or what, but it's ludicrous for someone with that small an operation to have amassed that much money.

You'd think that a well-run charitable cause would have found a way to put more of that money to work to further the organization's aims by now, but the Catholic League just continues to bumble along year after year, raising Donahue's salary but not really trying to stamp out all the persecution of Catholics in this country, persecution that caused massive discrimination against the Catholic candidate in the 2020 election.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

How much "taxpayer money" does the church get, Margie?

:bag:

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

boy she is a self-serving Karen isn't she?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 7:16 pm boy she is a self-serving Karen isn't she?
Marjorie Taylor Greene (R) Karen :crying:

raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

While they may be her sentiments, she did not write that.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

What DID she say? The tweet is deleted.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://news.yahoo.com/marjorie-taylor- ... 51340.html
Marjorie Taylor Greene says Christians who help undocumented migrants are being controlled by Satan

Bevan Hurley
Wed, April 27, 2022, 9:07 PM·2 min read

GOP Congresswoman Marjorie Taylor Greene has claimed Christians who help undocumented migrants are in thrall to Satan.

Speaking to the far-right Catholic activist Michael Voris, the Georgia Republican said she wanted to see moderate groups such as Catholic Relief Services that aid resettlement stripped of federal funding.

“What it is, is Satan’s controlling the church,” Ms Greene, an evangelical Protestant, said in an interview for Mr Voris’s Church Militant website.

“The church is not doing its job, and it’s not adhering to the teachings of Christ, and it’s not adhering to what the word of God says we’re supposed to do and how we’re supposed to live.”

The hour-long interview was held on Thursday, a day before Ms Greene testified in a North Carolina lawsuit that is seeking to ban her from running for re-election.

She rehashed old grievances about being a victim of the 6 January Capitol riots, and claimed the US was so sinful that she couldn’t work out why “God hasn’t destroyed us”.

Ms Greene added that Christian groups who help migrants were trying to “destroy” the United States.

“We are supposed to love one another, but their definition of what love one another means, means destroying our laws.

“It means completely perverting what our Constitution says. It means taking unreal advantage of the American taxpayer

“And it means pushing a globalist policy on the American people and forcing America to become something that we are not supposed to be.”

In a clip obtained by watchdog Right Wing Watch, Ms Greene went on to say the US should suspend aid to any nation that undocumented migrants are arriving from.

“‘Oh, I’m sorry, Guatemala, you’re not getting a check this year because you’ve sent X number of thousands and tens of thousands and hundreds of thousands and millions of people to illegally invade our country as if they’re an army.

“They may not have guns, but they’re the numbers of a regiment of an army. We won’t be able to send you your foreign aid until you bring your people back.’”

Church Militant, formed by ex-CBS News producer Mr Voris in Michigan in 2008, promoted the interview under the headline: “Marjorie for Pope.”

In 2012, Church Militant had to change its name from Real Catholic TV after the Archdiocese of Detroit said it did “not regard them as being authorised to use the word ‘Catholic’.”

Mr Voris has been sued for defamation for smearing members of the Catholic church.
Same old shit, basically.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Does she ever go near the border? Any border?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Leviticus 19:33-34 - 33 When an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. 34 The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Deuteronomy 10:19 Therefore love the foreigner; for you were foreigners in the land of Egypt

Deuteronomy 24:14 You shall not oppress a hired servant who is poor and needy, whether he be of your brothers, or of your foreigners who are in your land within your gates:

Numbers 15:15 The community is to have the same rules for you and for the foreigner residing among you; this is a lasting ordinance for the generations to come. You and the foreigner shall be the same before the LORD: 16 The same laws and regulations will apply both to you and to the foreigner residing among you.

And lest we forget about the story of the Good Samaritan. It is not a story about a do-gooder, but who was doing the good. It was not the priest or the Levite who were considered the righteous, but it was the Samaritan who was considered the lowly, the outcast, a dog to eat the crumbs off the floor.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:56 pm Does she ever go near the border? Any border?
Yes, she has been known to do photo ops at the border for quite some time, she was just in TX recently. Because that's what a Congresswoman from Georgia does.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 9:56 pm Does she ever go near the border? Any border?
She borders on insanity.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”