Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
Kendra

Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

Post by Kendra »

Marge Greene has written on OpEd on the Highland Park shooting, where she argues that guns aren’t the issue, but “faithless, fatherless” young men on prescription meds. She has no proof he was on anti-depressants, but says “it’s a safe bet” based on her professional analysis.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Yeah, the OpEd is bad ask across the board, read that this morning. I’m really not liking the way the QOP is going with SSRIs. But that isn’t the worst of it.
GREENE: How To Stop Mass Shootings
The gun debate is over. Let’s fix the fatherless, faithless culture drugging our boys.

It took a tragedy on America’s birthday, and the death of seven people, to demonstrate once and for all that gun control doesn’t work. Shooter Bobby Crimo bought the murder weapon himself, legally, in Illinois, a state with some of the strongest gun control laws in the country. Red flag laws didn’t stop him. There’s no reason to think they would work anywhere else.

What’s more, the city of Highland Park passed a total ban on assault rifles in 2013. Around the time, Mayor Nancy Rotering bragged: “Banning assault weapons … is one common-sense action to reduce gun violence and protect our children and our communities from potential mass violence and grief.”

It turned out Republicans against gun control were right all along. On July 4, Highland Park’s residents came to know the terror, carnage, and grief that come with living in a “gun-free zone,” areas better described as killing fields. No one can deny it anymore. Gun control comes with a body count. It makes everyone less safe.
:snippity:
https://humanevents.com/2022/07/11/gree ... shootings/
:roll:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Sez the lady currently getting paid taxpayer dollars to not do any work on a single committee because she is a crazy nutbag.
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene🇺🇸 @RepMTG wrote: How much taxpayer dollars is the J6 committee costing the American people?

Is the TV producer being paid?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Maybe if she served on a few committees, she would have some idea of what things cost.

Probably not.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:25 pm Sez the lady currently getting paid taxpayer dollars to not do any work on a single committee because she is a crazy nutbag.
https:// twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1546310903196442625
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene🇺🇸 @RepMTG wrote: How much taxpayer dollars is the J6 committee costing the American people?

How much did those many Republican initiated committees cost, i mean those BENGHAZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!!!!!!! ones ?
raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:03 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:25 pm Sez the lady currently getting paid taxpayer dollars to not do any work on a single committee because she is a crazy nutbag.

How much did those many Republican initiated committees cost, i mean those BENGHAZZZZZZZIIIIIIIIIIII !!!!!!!!!!! ones ?
~$7M per PBS.
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/two-y ... ith-a-thud
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

She blames fatherless children even though Crumbly, Gendron, and Crimo had fathers at home.
101010 :towel:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Details. Details. :shrug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:14 pm Details. Details. :shrug:
:fingerwag: Alternative Facts.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:17 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:14 pm Details. Details. :shrug:
:fingerwag: Alternative Facts.
:silenced:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:09 pm
~$7M per PBS.
What about Whitewater?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

that woman is as reprehensible as they come.
raison de arizona

keith wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 11:23 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:09 pm

~$7M per PBS.
What about Whitewater?
That one was a whopper at $52M. The total cost of the four useless independent Clinton probes was about $80M.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:24 am
What about Whitewater?
That one was a whopper at $52M. The total cost of the four useless independent Clinton probes was about $80M.
Not useless! The whole world got sex education tv coverage :lol:
raison de arizona

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 9:55 am
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 1:24 am

What about Whitewater?
Not useless! The whole world got sex education tv coverage :lol:
:lol: I stand corrected!
raison de arizona

In this episode, mtg takes exception to plant-based meal options in the military.
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote: Marjorie Taylor Greene claims the new military funding bill’s provision for plant-based meal options means soldiers will forced to eat “krabby patties” and “bugs.”

Greene displayed a “nasty patty,” a krabby patty variation from the Sponge Bob television show, as an example.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 12:37 pm
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote: Marjorie Taylor Greene claims the new military funding bill’s provision for plant-based meal options means soldiers will forced to eat “krabby patties” and “bugs.”

Greene displayed a “nasty patty,” a krabby patty variation from the Sponge Bob television show, as an example.
I mean, what a coincidence, 'Nasty Patty' is my nickname for her.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

You know, insect protein is just as high quality as bovine/ovine/porcine/piscine protein. And probably a lot cheaper to produce and much better for the environment. No methane gas emanating from ruminants. The oceans will once again be chock full of fish doing their fish thing, and innocent reptiles and other marine life won't be caught and killed in our pursuit of fish tacos and other delectable delights.

You know a cricket taco doesn't sound half bad, slathered in salsa with some grated lettuce and cheese and a little guac.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

She proves once again you don't need to know what you're talking about to talk about it. I'm hoping she's a big fan of Taco Bell (and other fast food vendors) that have used plant based fillers in their tasty meat products for a very long time. And considering she's a bit of a health nut, what are the odds she's used soy in her smoothies? How about peanut butter Marge? It's kind of a thing in your state.

And speaking of peanut butter, what are your thoughts on plant based fats Marge? Do you have a recommendation for a candy bar made with lard instead of palm, sunflower, or other vegetable oils? Same for french fries - is there anyone that *does not* use vegetable oil in their deep fat fryers?

Curious minds are asking.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

McDonalds used to use lard.

Growing up my parents always used lard for french fries and codfish balls.

This vegetable oil thing is a fad. It will pass. ;)
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 7:04 pm McDonalds used to use lard.

Beef Tallow. It came in a 25 pound cube and there was special stainless steel box you put the cube in from the cardboard it shipped in, wrapped inside the cardboard in blue sanitary film. The box rolled near the fryers and when the oil level got to one line in the vat, you scooped the beef tallow into it until it got to the top line. You used a stainless ice scoop that you would heat up by dipping it in the hot oil so it scooped the shortening like a hot knife through butter.

Vegetable oil, for chicken only in the beginning, came in 2.5 gallon jugs, and went in the third fryer, reserved for chicken only. :biggrin:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

If it weren't for canola oil, I would probably be using lard to cook things that I need some oils for. Mostly because of soy, allergen and bane of my existence. Most "Vegetable Oils" are mostly soybean based.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

jez wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:24 pm If it weren't for canola oil, I would probably be using lard to cook things that I need some oils for.
"Canola oil?" It needed the brand name, "Canola," to become popular. Otherwise, it is just rape seed oil, albeit a specially-bred low acid version.
keith

Post by keith »

bill_g wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 6:38 pm She proves once again you don't need to know what you're talking about to talk about it. I'm hoping she's a big fan of Taco Bell (and other fast food vendors) that have used plant based fillers in their tasty meat products for a very long time. And considering she's a bit of a health nut, what are the odds she's used soy in her smoothies? How about peanut butter Marge? It's kind of a thing in your state.

And speaking of peanut butter, what are your thoughts on plant based fats Marge? Do you have a recommendation for a candy bar made with lard instead of palm, sunflower, or other vegetable oils? Same for french fries - is there anyone that *does not* use vegetable oil in their deep fat fryers?

Curious minds are asking.
fast food joint taco meat is about 20% oatmeal, and has been FOREVER. And by FOREVER I mean since at least 1970 when I was bending tacos at a taco joint that did not have the word bell in its name and we had better taco meat than the joint that does have bell in its name.

Not only but also, vegetable oil demand is destroying the rain forest in Indonesia and Borneo and Brasil.
keith

Post by keith »

jez wrote: Fri Jul 15, 2022 10:24 pm

If it weren't for canola oil, I would probably be using lard to cook things that I need some oils for. Mostly because of soy, allergen and bane of my existence. Most "Vegetable Oils" are mostly soybean based.
Except for the ones that are Palm Oil based.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”