Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:28 pm She might want to take note that he overstayed his visa from Canada. Not sure what kind of visa you need for Canada. I think we get more "illegal" immigrants that overstay from Canada and Asia and Europe than we do from south of the border.
I grew up in Southern Arizona. I expect there were undocumentd kids from south of the border in all my classrooms.

The only person I know for a fact was undocumented was Canadian.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 12:09 pm https: //twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1587459772554649601
Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene🇺🇸 @RepMTG wrote: David Depape was an illegal alien that overstayed his visa & should have been deported.

If Paul Pelosi was a 2A supporting gun owner he could have shot the man that was trying to kill him.

It’s dangerous Democrat policies that led to Paul Pelosi being attacked.
I can hear the hue and cry now if he had shot the man: Pelosi = Hypocrite
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Probably just a coincidence that these two pillars of MAGA family values filed for divorce from their spouses two weeks apart.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

He claims he is working on a new reality TV series about her. :vomit:
Brian Glenn @brianglenntv wrote: Thanks to this gossip blog @DailyMailUK you now know that I’m going through a divorce.

What wasn’t included is why I’m w/ @RepMTG. I’m assisting in a new reality style series that shows her in real life, not fake news.

Coming in 2023.
#LifeWithMTG
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 8:42 pm He claims he is working on a new reality TV series about her. :vomit:
Brian Glenn @brianglenntv wrote: Thanks to this gossip blog @DailyMailUK you now know that I’m going through a divorce.
Amusingly, TDM UK is very much a pro-Tory source, to the point where I had to stop reading it during the latter half of the BoJo administration here. It's got a history of supporting right-side politicians, bashing the left, and opposing both British membership in the EU and the UK's interventionialism in the matter of Russian expansionism.

So normally, the kind of thing that would -- pun intended -- be joined at the hip to the MTG types.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

They may indeed be working on a TV show about her. (A Congress critter with a reality TV show, WTF?)

That doesn’t mean she hasn’t been tickling his prostate with her middle toe.

They are not mutually exclusive.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

She has form in the art of regarding the Seventh Commandment as a vague suggestion.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Greatgrey wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:22 pm They may indeed be working on a TV show about her. (A Congress critter with a reality TV show, WTF?)

Reality TV is her actual job, the Congress gig is actually just a prop/government subsidy.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:29 am
Greatgrey wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 11:22 pm They may indeed be working on a TV show about her. (A Congress critter with a reality TV show, WTF?)

Reality TV is her actual job, the Congress gig is actually just a prop/government subsidy.
Touché
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Yeah, that doesn't quite track for me, either.

Of course, if her "reality" show is as real as the rest of the genre, there'll be more fake news coming from there than is usually found in the National Enquirer.
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

I mean, I feel almost silly asking this, but aren't there actually rules that Congress adopts limiting outside employment?

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:21 am I mean, I feel almost silly asking this, but aren't there actually rules that Congress adopts limiting outside employment?
If there are, I think that they are probably as loose as MTG's grasp of the truth.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Even if there were rules, I cannot see her following them.
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

noblepa wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:49 am
Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:21 am I mean, I feel almost silly asking this, but aren't there actually rules that Congress adopts limiting outside employment?
If there are, I think that they are probably as loose as MTG's grasp of the truth.
After Trump's flagrant disregard of the Emoluments clauses, any rules of this sort are likely nigh-unenforceable.
lunaluz

Post by lunaluz »

I have a strict policy of not giving MTG, Boebert, Matt Gaetz, Gym Jordan and most other flaming douche bags a click on Twitter, they make money off our anger and retorts, I also point that out when on Twitter, some people get it, more should. I mostly ignore the threads on here about them, better for my sanity.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

No.

You would be surprised how many of them have other jobs, usually as owners of some company or another. EmptyGee owns a contracting business.

Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:52 pm
No.

You would be surprised how many of them have other jobs, usually as owners of some company or another. EmptyGee owns a contracting business.
So how does this apply?

https://ethics.house.gov/outside-employ ... employment

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:55 pm
Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:52 pm
No.

So how does this apply?

https://ethics.house.gov/outside-employ ... employment
A Member . . . [or an] officer, or employee of the House [paid at or above the “senior staff” rate], may not –

(a) receive compensation for affiliating with or being employed by a firm, partnership, association, corporation, or other entity that provides professional services involving a fiduciary relationship, except for the practice of medicine;

(b) permit his name to be used by such a firm, partnership, association, corporation, or other entity;

(c) receive compensation for practicing a profession that involves a fiduciary relationship, except for the practice of medicine;

(d) serve for compensation as an officer or member of the board of an association, corporation, or other entity; or

(e) receive compensation for teaching, without the prior notification and approval of the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct. [House Rule 25, clause 2. See also 5 U.S.C. app. 4 § 502(a).]
This is just one little section, but it goes on and on and on with loopholes wide enough to cruise a battleship through. To me it looks like you can't practice law, can't be a fiduciary, serve on a board, can't teach without permission and can't receive advanced royalties on books or other publications. But say, running farm, or a construction company or a car dealership (that does not sell to the government) are all things that I know they are doing now or have done in the past.

Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:48 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:55 pm So how does this apply?
A Member . . . [or an] officer, or employee of the House [paid at or above the “senior staff” rate], may not –

(a) receive compensation for affiliating with or being employed by a firm, partnership, association, corporation, or other entity that provides professional services involving a fiduciary relationship, except for the practice of medicine;

(b) permit his name to be used by such a firm, partnership, association, corporation, or other entity;

(c) receive compensation for practicing a profession that involves a fiduciary relationship, except for the practice of medicine;

(d) serve for compensation as an officer or member of the board of an association, corporation, or other entity; or

(e) receive compensation for teaching, without the prior notification and approval of the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct. [House Rule 25, clause 2. See also 5 U.S.C. app. 4 § 502(a).]
This is just one little section, but it goes on and on and on with loopholes wide enough to cruise a battleship through. To me it looks like you can't practice law, can't be a fiduciary, serve on a board, can't teach without permission and can't receive advanced royalties on books or other publications. But say, running farm, or a construction company or a car dealership (that does not sell to the government) are all things that I know they are doing now or have done in the past.
I suppose it made me curious since, yeah, at first glance, it would stop her from appearing in a reality show, but wouldn't it stop her from serving as a paid owner-stakeholder ("serve for compensation as an officer or member of the board of an association, corporation, or other entity") of said show or its production company? Not that I'd care if she got ripped off by someone, of course, but.

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Trying to prevent her appearing on a TV show ain't gonna happen. There are legitimate 1st Amendment issues there that I doubt anyone wants to kick open and no court is going to dictate ethics rules to Congress. The absolute worst thing that might happen is stripping her of her com.... :crying:

oh wait.

Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:28 pm Trying to prevent her appearing on a TV show ain't gonna happen. There are legitimate 1st Amendment issues there that I doubt anyone wants to kick open and no court is going to dictate ethics rules to Congress. The absolute worst thing that might happen is stripping her of her com.... :crying:

oh wait.
Yeah, it should be pointed out that I didn't notice the typo in which I meant it WOULDN"T stop her from appearing, but should stop her from being a paid board member, etc. ... I woke up from a bad acid reflux attack, sat the keys for awhile until it went away, and wrote the above during that time period.

bill_g

Post by bill_g »

She has that effect on a lot of people.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:54 am
Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:28 pm Trying to prevent her appearing on a TV show ain't gonna happen. There are legitimate 1st Amendment issues there that I doubt anyone wants to kick open and no court is going to dictate ethics rules to Congress. The absolute worst thing that might happen is stripping her of her com.... :crying:

oh wait.
Yeah, it should be pointed out that I didn't notice the typo in which I meant it WOULDN"T stop her from appearing, but should stop her from being a paid board member, etc. ... I woke up from a bad acid reflux attack, sat the keys for awhile until it went away, and wrote the above during that time period.
Baking soda is your friend.
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:55 am
Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:54 am

oh wait.
Baking soda is your friend.
I took some, actually, but for me it takes awhile for the general ickiness which accompanies to go away. So I sit up, drag myself to the keys (my bed isn't great for sitting up and looking at a tablet) and kill 15-20 minutes before I feel like curling back into bed. I've adjusted my diet and sleep regimen such that I only hit one of these every 2 to 3 months now, so I think I'm good ... but this week I did a staycation, took leave from work, and completely trashed my diet, so things happen.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”