Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

Volkonski wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:42 pm MTG: Bannon and I Would Have ‘Been Armed’ and ‘Won’ the Insurrection
The congresswoman also claimed during a speech on Saturday that "teachers can pass around dildos, butt plugs and lube" in the classroom
The "dildos, butt plugs and lube" is likely from the latest offering from James O'Keefe and Project Veritas:
RTH10260 wrote: Thu Dec 08, 2022 2:47 am
It appears that this video was recorded without permission and deceptively edited (shocked, shocked I am):

https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/pri ... iscussion/

Nonetheless, it seems that MTG has already picked it up and run with it.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Emptygee claims she was only kidding!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/learn ... b8b3a06452

There are some things that shouldn't be joked about and if they are, the jokes should be taken seriously.

Try making a joke about having a bomb in your luggage the next time you go through an airport screening. To paraphrase Agent K, "The TSA does not have a sense of humor that we know about".

I think that, in the current social and political environment, jokes such as hers, if it really was intended as a joke (I doubt it), should not be made. If they are, the authorities should treat it the same way TSA treats bomb jokes at airports. Take her into a back room and do a strip search, complete with rectal probes.

She seems to think, since the R's narrow victory in recapturing control of the House, that she is the most important person in Congress, a kingmaker, as it were. She may be on to something. Former RNC chairman Steele said she would be a shadow Speaker of the House, no matter who actually holds the title. She and Matt Gaetz may be the Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin of the republican-controlled House. Kevin McCarthy won't be able to do anything without their approval.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

noblepa wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 4:18 pm She seems to think, since the R's narrow victory in recapturing control of the House, that she is the most important person in Congress, a kingmaker, as it were. She may be on to something. Former RNC chairman Steele said she would be a shadow Speaker of the House, no matter who actually holds the title. She and Matt Gaetz may be the Kyrsten Sinema and Joe Manchin of the republican-controlled House. Kevin McCarthy won't be able to do anything without their approval.
I wonder if that will hobble the GOP's priorities at all, and I'm not being sarcastic when I ask the question.

Manchin and Sinema were effective because the Democrats *wanted* to pass legislation and Get Things Done.

What does the GOP *actually* want to Get Done?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Ben-Prime wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 2:33 am What does the GOP *actually* want to Get Done?
If they want to block things from passing, they need more votes then the dems. It would not take all that many abstains for them to lose that majority, so in theory these nitwits could stop them from gumming up the works?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I thought the plan was to gum up the works. Unless it's a tax cut for the already obscenely rich, that seems to be the republican plan.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

When your main goal is to destroy the government, it makes it hard to figure out how to govern. They could try to fix immigration but actually making immigration laws is something they do not want to do. They can scream on the campaign, but their benefactors need immigrants (documented and undocumented) to keep their costs down. They could try entitlements that they so scream about, but they want to be elected again so they can't touch that. Spending on things like infrastructure could work, but a prior group of Republicans turned it into a pork-barrel fest, so they probably want to avoid that at first.

So yeah, all they have left is tax cuts.

Issues are for campaigning, not governing.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene moves to settle divorce with estranged husband Perry Greene, court records show

John L. Dorman
Sat, December 17, 2022 at 3:57 PM GMT+1

MTG and her estranged husband, Perry Greene, moved to settle their divorce, per court documents.

The filing said the pair "previously separated and remain in a bona fide state of separation."

Perry Greene filed the initial petition for divorce in Floyd County, Ga., in September 2022.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia and her estranged husband, Perry Greene, have moved to finalize their divorce settlement, according to court documents obtained by Insider.

Perry Greene and the Republican congresswoman "mutually" requested that the court grant a divorce as the marriage is "irretrievably broken," per court documents, which were filed on December 16 in Floyd County, Georgia Superior Court.

The joint consent motion read: "The parties executed their Settlement Agreement on December 13, 2022 resolving all issues of the marriage. Each party maintains a true and accurate copy of said Settlement Agreement and Petitioner's counsel maintains the original. As such, there are no further issues that remain between the parties."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rep-marjorie ... 33381.html
(original Insider)
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

To no one in particular…
The tendency to categorize “immigrant labor” as picking fruit or other straight up unskilled labor is weak sauce (bordering offensive).

Much of that is automated or very streamlined— but even more so, there is a lack of Americans to fill somewhat advanced job positions and those are damn near impossible to fill without tapping into immigrant pools.

Hell, look at the roster of almost any hospital’s doctors…or tech peeps, or, for that matter, the names on newly issued patents.

/rant
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Yes, immigrants do fill many roles in our modern society aside from fruit packing and many of us forget that. The US' largest citrus growers/packers/shippers is located in Ft Pierce, FL. All of the packing house employees, aside from the manager are immigrants, probably some of which have manufactured paperwork. They work in Ft Pierce at the packing house, which has no heat or air conditiioning for 4 months out of each year. They spend about 4 months up north packing apples and then head to California for almonds (or maybe the other way around, I don't remember the exact order of their jobs). They are all adults, some with kids. I don't know of very many Americans that would work jobs like that where they have to travel to at least three different parts of the country for year round work. I've also worked with immigrants who are great programmers, networking and security experts. Just like Americans, they run the gamut from relatively unskilled labor to highly technical jobs and everything in between.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I understand that the area that MTG represents is the preeminent textile/rug manufacturing location in the US of A. I wonder how many of the workers in those manufacturing plants are immigrants? Does she even think about this?

Regarding migrants in California with the almond crop, I highly doubt whether there is a significant population who travels from the east coast to California for the almond crop. We have such a varied landscape, as it were, that there is always something to do with picking, packing, processing, or otherwise working in agriculture nearly year 'round.

One of my clients in the almond industry hires about 50 workers at the packing plant from August through February, with layoffs starting after all the crop is received and processed. Its sister company, an almond huller/sheller hires another 40 or so from August until December with similar layoffs as the crop gets processed. Generally they move onto citrus or dormant pruning of vines and trees. Then harvest of stone fruit starts in late April and continues through early September. Table grapes start in July through October. Raisins that are laid down in August. PomWonderful hires about 1,000 seasonal workers in October for 70 days to process all those Resnick-grown pomegranates.

Many of the seasonal workers in packing plants are women. Women are the ones who cull and trim the bunches of table grapes that are harvested and brought to the end of the row for packing into 22-pound boxes.

Then we cannot forget the other areas of the state that are heavy into ag. The Imperial Valley with dates and cotton. The coastal regions and Salinas Valley with citrus, avocados, lettuce, celery, all sorts of cruciferous vegetables, strawberries and cane berries.

Anyway, my point is that there is plenty of work for those who live in state or who have family scattered about the state. Those from Florida would have to arrange for some sort of temporary quarters during their stay out here in addition to round-trip transportation, even if by auto or bus. They just don't make that much money.

I don't know the agricultural landscape in Florida and the east. So, this may be only a WAG.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I worked for a couple of years as a software developer at the citrus company in Ft Pierce that I spoke about. And yes, those workers traveled the country in order to be able to work most of the 12 months of the year. That never seemed to kill any of their spirit or joy they find in life. Every year near the end of the season they put on a huge spread, nothing store bought, everything home made. And they invited those of us who worked in the big beautiful air conditioned building a block and a half away from the warehouse where they toiled. The food was delicious and they played music and it was a really good time.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I heard bits and pieces of an Atlantic article about MTG recently and want to listen to the whole thing again. From 1912 onward there were no blacks at all in her town - not at her school, not nowhere. I missed why they left and why none ever came back but she effectively grew up in white land. That’s incredible, in this age.

Ok, found the article. It’s entitled “Why is Marjorie Taylor Greene Like This?” It’s worth a read or listen.

Here’s why she grew up in white land:
In September 1912, an 18-year-old white girl was found bloodied and barely breathing in the woods lining the Chattahoochee River; she died two weeks later. Within 24 hours of her discovery, four Black men had been arrested and charged with assault. A white mob dragged one of the suspects from his cell and hanged him from a telephone pole. Two others were tried and executed. White residents then decided to undertake nothing short of a racial cleansing. On horseback, armed with rifles and dynamite, they drove out virtually all of the county’s Black population—more than 1,000 people.
https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/ar ... nd/672229/
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Who believes that she sees nothing wrong with that?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Dave from down under wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:20 am Who believes that she sees nothing wrong with that?
It's Heritage, y'all. Not hate.

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Gregg wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 4:57 am
Dave from down under wrote: Tue Dec 20, 2022 1:20 am Who believes that she sees nothing wrong with that?
It's Heritage, y'all. Not hate.

The problem with that sentiment is that the heritage that it celebrates IS hate.

There's nothing really wrong with remembering a lost way of life, except that that way of life was based on enslaving others.

Unfortunately, the Confederate battle flag symbolizes not the lost Southern way of life, so much as it celebrates the Confederacy itself, which was nothing less than an attempt to destroy the United States. It celebrates all of the Confederate soldiers and politicians who, unlike the people that the RWNJs accuse today, actually DID commit treason (see the Constitution's definition of treason). It was one of the major symbols adopted by the Klan, which we all know, of course, was dedicated to loving their fellow men. It was flown from the back of pickup trucks as "good ole boys" drove around the county, looking for black people to terrorize.

That is the heritage that the Confederate battle flag celebrates.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

May MTG and Bobo both have a wonderful holiday with head-on flaming collisions on isolated roads this year.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Marjorie Taylor Greene attacks plans for Ukraine's president to visit Congress, calling Zelenskyy the 'shadow president' and Ukraine the '51st state'

Tom Porter
Wed, December 21, 2022 at 3:50 PM GMT+1

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene strongly criticised a surprise visit to the US by Ukraine's president.

Far-right Republicans have opposed billions in aid sent by the US to help Ukraine fight Russia.

"Put America First!!!" the Georgia Republican tweeted, while calling Ukraine the 51st state.

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene has criticised Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy's surprise visit to the US, amid opposition from the Republican far right to US support for Ukraine in its war against Russia.

Zelenskyy early Wednesday announced he was on his way to Washington, DC, his first overseas trip since Russia launched its brutal invasion of Ukraine in February. He will meet with President Joe Biden and appeal for enhanced support.

The trip was organized in secrecy to void compromising security arrangements, with reports of the planned visit emerging on Tuesday.

In a tweet later that day, Greene, a Georgia Republican and prominent supporter of Donald Trump, criticized the plans.

"Of course the shadow president has to come to Congress and explain why he needs billions of American's taxpayer dollars for the 51st state, Ukraine. This is absurd. Put America First!!!" Greene said.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/marjorie-tay ... 08762.html
(original: Insider)
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Canada
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Fuck her and the horse she.......rode in on.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Off Topic
I have a feeling it’s going to be a very long time before I stop cringing at any sentence that has both ‘fuck’ and ‘horse’ in it, no matter what separates them. :cantlook:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Far Right Turns on ‘Faker’ & ‘Liar’ Marjorie Taylor Greene

Zachary Petrizzo
Sat, December 24, 2022 at 3:25 AM GMT+1

The far right is out to destroy one of their own.

Over the past week, far-right pundits have begun lining up to take shots at Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) as the congresswoman reportedly vacationed in Costa Rica.

As for why fellow extremists are upset? That’s three-fold—and it involves Greene’s vocal support for Rep. Kevin McCarthy to be the next Speaker of the House, her public spat with onetime friend Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-CO), and the finalization of her divorce.

“MTG wants to protect McCarthy from being removed if he is elected Speaker,” Jan 6th organizer Ali Alexander wrote on Telegram, seething over Greene. “There is something so odd about what is going on between McCarthy and MTG. I’ve only ever once before seen anything like it. It may be time for me to intervene.”

The “Stop the Steal” leader—once an ally of Greene’s—subsequently returned to Telegram to tear into the Georgia Republican, who he referred to as a “trailer park hoodrat,” for “attacking” Boebert earlier this week after the Colorado congresswoman ignited a public feud with Greene.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/far-turns-fa ... 07205.html
(original: Daily Best)
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

So, one guy is "the far right is out to..." :bored:
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oh, clearly, what Empty Gee and Lauren Bonobo need is a man like Ali Akbar - oh, I'm always forgetting his fake name :doh: - to straighten those ladies out and get them to stop the silly squabbling, before it turns into fingernail scratching and hair-pulling.

You get in there, Mr. Akbar. :boxing:

Oh, crap, I used his real name again. :doh:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Bonobo.

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”