Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

Post by northland10 »

noblepa wrote: Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:16 pm Is it even legal for a political organization to run a lottery?

'Cause that's exactly what she'd doing. "Make a contribution, get a chance to win this 50 cal. phallic symbol".

I know that churches and other charities are allowed, but I don't know about PAC's or campaign funds.

I would dearly love to see her get in trouble over this.
One clarification on charities. In the US (probably Canada since they are always stricter but I don't know for sure), if a charity is running a raffle, a donor cannot take a tax deduction on the amount for a raffle ticket even if they lose. The IRS considers the raffle to be a benefit as the purchase of the ticket gives the purchaser the right for future benefit.
101010 :towel:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Don't know if this applies, but I used to be treasurer for a local branch of Friends of the Library, which had non-profit status. We often gave away gift baskets via drawing from "donations," but, fer the luf of dog, DON'T CALL IT A RAFFLE OR A LOTTERY!!! "Thank you for your donation, would you like to fill this out for a chance at the basket?" I ended up printing it on a piece of paper and taping it inside the top desk drawer. Every meeting I had to keep reminding people. Of course, we weren't talking millions. On a good week, the store took in $300, with biannual book sales that would net about $1500.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
northland10

Post by northland10 »

This is one of those on-the-line things that groups sometimes use to avoid tax receipt issues. I would have to check my books to be sure (or Butterfly could likely explain in better and more accurate detail) but there is a point where they could almost claim it is not a raffle. I figure that it is not based on increasing chances based on the amount given and that, the real fine print states, without saying it, no purchase is necessary. Depending on the value of the gift baskets, it may also fall within the insignificant value (such as not having to state a quid pro quo for a token like a key chain for a donation) though I do not know and don't remember the current limit.

The safest way is to basically have the rule that you don't actually have to give. Then, officially, the drawing is separate from the actual donor gift.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Shut it all down.

Not only the workers, but millions depend on government services. Let's start with our veterans. I'm sure they won't mind you shutting it all down mtg. Then let's move to our retirees. I'm sure they won't mind being cut off from their social security checks. Do it. I double dog dare you. :bored:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Oooh, look who’s wearing a mask. :mrgreen:

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Great quote from Mehdi Hassan:

"Like, you could pay me a million dollars—I’m never going to interview Marjorie Taylor Greene. Why? What would be the point?”
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Er.... getting a million dollars?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:04 pm
As someone noted, shoes on plane are different than shoes at airport. Possible ‘shop.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

sorry if i did not see this above

Marjorie Taylor Greene's impeachment rant goes off the rails: 'God will no longer provide protection'
David Edwards
September 20, 2021

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-GA) explained on Monday why she supports articles of impeachment against President Joe Biden.

In a floor speech, Greene said that she was prompted to file articles of impeachment because of "his disgraceful actions having to do with Afghanistan."

According to the Georgia Republican, Biden is guilty of treason because he gave "aid and comfort to the enemies."

Greene also pointed to the "security crisis created at our southern border, which today is actually being invaded."

The lawmaker then veered into a rant about abortion.

https://www.rawstory.com/marjorie-taylo ... 655065225/
video mtg speech within
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Speech delivered in front of an empty chamber.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

'God will no longer provide protection'
From my knowlege of USA history, just what has doG been offering protection from? :confuzzled: :shrug: I'm unimpressed. :talktothehand:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Apparently god must have been on vacation on 06JAN21.... :bored:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Years ago, before the internet stole more and more of my time (and there were far fewer tv channels) I used to watch those end-of-day one-minute speeches or special order speeches on CSpan. The whole point of those is usually to get something on the record. So it was usually somebody babbling to an empty house and whoever had the gavel trying not to dose off. With MTG, it is another place to make noise.

I found this amusing statement in an explanation of the one-minute speeches (which apparently was not what MTG was at).
NOTE: Members are strongly encouraged to read House Rule XVII, Decorum and Debate (especially clause 1), as well as section XVII of the Jefferson’s Manual, Order and Debate.
Decorum, order.. hahahahaha.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

This week apparently is mostly Republicans taking turns introducing articles of impeachment, which I suspect will be the minimum requirement to get a free ride in primaries.

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:19 pm
As someone noted, shoes on plane are different than shoes at airport. Possible ‘shop.
Greene's shows are not in that photo. Those shoes are her neighbor's.

Also, I know that Delta is a cheap airline, but that 'first class seat' looks a lot like fucking cattle class on just about every airplane I've ever been on.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
keith

Post by keith »

Gregg wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:39 pm Speech delivered in front of an empty chamber.
Most speeches are.

Dog darn it, I hate defending this person.

Stop attacking her with bullshit - there is plenty of real stuff to attack.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

keith wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:29 am

Also, I know that Delta is a cheap airline, but that 'first class seat' looks a lot like fucking cattle class on just about every airplane I've ever been on.
The person in the foreground has long sleeves, short pants, while the person in the background is sleeveless with long pants. The person identified as MTG in the airport is sleeveless with long pants. Her shoes do not match those of the person seated in the background. Except for this glaring difference, there are enough similarities to suggest they are the same person, but no actual proof. Neither is there proof the person in the airport is MTG. So, this whole thing gets a shrug from me.

And like you, I'm not fond of having to defend her even for the slightest things including stalker pix at rando locations. I know she inserted herself into the public view, but paparazzi style photos can get creepy.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Interesting piece. It's worth a full read, but to summarize, the premise is that mtg is using the firearm imagery to push clean energy as a left wing item and something that any right leaning person should be instinctually against.
Don’t Let Marjorie Greene Trick You Into Thinking Past The Sale
:snippity: Either way, the basic message (clean car ownership equals being left-wing) was achieved.

The reality that’s easy to forget is that many people now choose clean vehicles for a broad variety of decidedly non-political and even non-environmental reasons. They’re cheaper to operate, are often more fun to drive, and are often a lot less of a pain in the ass compared to gas-powered vehicles. The fact that they’re better for the environment doesn’t even have to come up.

Once we’ve accepted this premise (clean car equals left-wing), it’s a lot easier to accept the premise that policies meant to promote electric vehicles are also left-wing, and thus are something no right-leaning person should ever support. This isn’t going to affect left-leaning viewers much, but the idea is to push right-leaning viewers into thinking that clean cars (and policies that promote them) are a threat to one’s freedom that must be dealt with (perhaps with violence if necessary).

The “good soldiers” who see this message over and over (both from Greene and others) then go and key Teslas in parking lots, shoot at them on the highway, and do other stupid things out of fear. More importantly, though, they vote for politicians who oppose environmental policies and donate to their campaigns.
:snippity:
https://cleantechnica.com/2021/09/21/do ... -the-sale/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

That is seat 1C on a Delta Embraer E-170. First class seat, 3rd rate airplane.

Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Gregg wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 4:18 pm

That is seat 1C on a Delta Embraer E-170. First class seat, 3rd rate airplane.
No-class seat occupant.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Frater I*I wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:17 pm Apparently god must have been on vacation on 06JAN21.... :bored:
. . . and on September 11, 2001.
keith

Post by keith »

bill_g wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:52 am
The person in the foreground has long sleeves, short pants, while the person in the background is sleeveless with long pants. The person identified as MTG in the airport is sleeveless with long pants. Her shoes do not match those of the person seated in the background. Except for this glaring difference, there are enough similarities to suggest they are the same person, but no actual proof. Neither is there proof the person in the airport is MTG. So, this whole thing gets a shrug from me.
Yes. I see.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

keith wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:37 pm
Yes. I see.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”