Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:56 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:55 am
Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 5:54 am

Yeah, it should be pointed out that I didn't notice the typo in which I meant it WOULDN"T stop her from appearing, but should stop her from being a paid board member, etc. ... I woke up from a bad acid reflux attack, sat the keys for awhile until it went away, and wrote the above during that time period.
Baking soda is your friend.
I took some, actually, but for me it takes awhile for the general ickiness which accompanies to go away. So I sit up, drag myself to the keys (my bed isn't great for sitting up and looking at a tablet) and kill 15-20 minutes before I feel like curling back into bed. I've adjusted my diet and sleep regimen such that I only hit one of these every 2 to 3 months now, so I think I'm good ... but this week I did a staycation, took leave from work, and completely trashed my diet, so things happen.
Story of my life, but add joint and muscle pains to the reflux for the reason to be up chopping at the words in the middle of the night.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 5:48 pm
Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 4:55 pm
Gregg wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 3:52 pm

No.

You would be surprised how many of them have other jobs, usually as owners of some company or another. EmptyGee owns a contracting business.
So how does this apply?

https://ethics.house.gov/outside-employ ... employment
A Member . . . [or an] officer, or employee of the House [paid at or above the “senior staff” rate], may not –

(a) receive compensation for affiliating with or being employed by a firm, partnership, association, corporation, or other entity that provides professional services involving a fiduciary relationship, except for the practice of medicine;

(b) permit his name to be used by such a firm, partnership, association, corporation, or other entity;

(c) receive compensation for practicing a profession that involves a fiduciary relationship, except for the practice of medicine;

(d) serve for compensation as an officer or member of the board of an association, corporation, or other entity; or

(e) receive compensation for teaching, without the prior notification and approval of the Committee on Standards of Official Conduct. [House Rule 25, clause 2. See also 5 U.S.C. app. 4 § 502(a).]
This is just one little section, but it goes on and on and on with loopholes wide enough to cruise a battleship through. To me it looks like you can't practice law, can't be a fiduciary, serve on a board, can't teach without permission and can't receive advanced royalties on books or other publications. But say, running farm, or a construction company or a car dealership (that does not sell to the government) are all things that I know they are doing now or have done in the past.
So, apparently the Senate ethics rules are different, since Felito offered to argue a case on tRump's behalf before the Supremes. Or is arguing before the Supreme Court not considered the practice of law? :confuzzled:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
tek

Post by tek »

humblescribe wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:27 pm So, apparently the Senate ethics rules are different, since Felito offered to argue a case on tRump's behalf before the Supremes. Or is arguing before the Supreme Court not considered the practice of law? :confuzzled:
3.) Anything Ted Cruz does is not considered the practice of law.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

He didn't do it, he said he would, which he wouldn't but it made a good sound bite and also let TFG know that even after all they had been through, he still was willing to suffer any indignity to publicly suck up to him.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

During the Georgia court process for hearing the challenge against MTG to disqualify her from the ballot, she filed for a preliminary injunction in federal court. It was denied, and she appealed. The 11th finally ruled on it recently and dismissed the case because they found that it was now moot since the challenge is long finished. Her counsel argued it was not moot because it falls under the capable of repetition but evading review doctrine.* The court was not impressed.

There was a concurring opinion. A justice agreed it was moot but thought the district court's ruling was in error. I have not bothered to read it so have no opinions.

https://media.ca11.uscourts.gov/opinion ... 211299.pdf

* Some may remember this argument was tried with birther cases but failed because it would not evade review if those filing cases knew how to follow rules and be on time with filings.
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

She won 66% to 34%. To which I can say only: :sick:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:42 am She won 66% to 34%. To which I can say only: :sick:
There are organizations that track how many federal dollars each state gets. It would be interesting to see if the amount that Georgia gets has gone down in the two years that emptygee has been "representing" the state.

Unfortunately, if wouldn't really prove anything, one way or the other. There are 13 other representatives who understand better than she that one of their primary jobs is to steer federal money back to GA. But she certainly isn't helping GA get their piece of the pie.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:42 am She won 66% to 34%. To which I can say only: :sick:
My hot take: At this point, the citizens of her district have told us who they are and no longer get to disclaim otherwise. The ones that didn't vote for her, I feel sorry for them, but I reserve the right to believe unless I actually know them (either personally or, f'rinstance, through this board) that it is more likely than not what type of person they are.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:50 pm
My hot take: At this point, the citizens of her district have told us who they are and no longer get to disclaim otherwise. The ones that didn't vote for her, I feel sorry for them, but I reserve the right to believe unless I actually know them (either personally or, f'rinstance, through this board) that it is more likely than not what type of person they are.
I'd say that the odds are about 2:1 that they are who you (and I) think they are.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Well, we shall see if she can keep her crazy in check enough to hold a committee assignment this term. Maybe she matured. hahahaha
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bill_g wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 7:43 am Well, we shall see if she can keep her crazy in check enough to hold a committee assignment this term. Maybe she matured. hahahaha
If the R's take the House, crazy will be a prerequisite for committee assignments.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

OMG is that real? :shock:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oh, by the way, Marjorie.

America has two enemies right now.

Vladimir Putin, and the Republican Party.

Only one of the two is doing a lot of quacking right now.

:smoking:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Ben-Prime wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:50 pm
Tinfoil-Greed is exactly what the large majority of north GA people act like...

Even central GA and south GA rural folks think they're a bit "off"....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Does she mean quaking?
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

:brickwallsmall:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:41 pm Does she mean quaking?
Could be...

Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

"If it looks like a duck, swims like a duck, and quacks like a duck, then it probably is a follower of Donald ..."

;)
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Duck you, Marjo.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

xpost
AndyinPA wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:17 pm https://apnews.com/article/elon-musk-te ... 287457806c

Elon Musk’s Twitter has reinstated the personal account of far-right Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, which was banned in January for violating the platform’s COVID misinformation policies at the time.

Greene’s reinstatement comes after Musk over the weekend reinstated the account of former President Donald Trump, who was banned in the aftermath of the deadly Jan. 6 riots on the Capitol in 2021. Twitter — at the time — feared there was a risk of further incitement to violence if Trump was allowed to remain on the platform. Trump himself has said he won’t return to Twitter and as of Monday had not yet tweeted since the reinstatement, although he also hasn’t deleted his account.

Musk apparently based his decision to allow Trump back on the site on an unscientific Twitter poll he posted on his timeline. There appeared to be no such poll for Greene’s account. Earlier, Musk said he won’t make major decisions about content or restoring banned accounts before setting up a “ content moderation council ” with diverse viewpoints.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Good idea. Thanks.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

From Hubby.

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”