Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

These people suck. They are bad people.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Marjorie Taylor Greene [R - Deliverance Country]

Post by raison de arizona »

It's scary how little she understands of government's workings as a congressperson.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

And/or she knows her base will agree loudly to her suggestion. I remember a commenter on some board many years ago who complained that Congress was useless because "all they want to do is pass laws and spend money." He would like MTG because she thinks her role is to run around and make noise not do any of that governing thing.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona

mtg is done playing stupid games. Not sure what that means. Probably nothing.

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

MTG warns GQP members of the House she will primary them if they vote for the budget. The OSG saw this and whispered "Mini-Me".

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That's gonna win her lots o`friends.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

If Donald Trump were your neighbor, MTG would be his dog that aggressively charged the fence whenever anyone walked by. You want to clobber the dog, but you know the real problem lives inside the house. If you can just get him to move out, he'd take his whole circus with him.
tek

Post by tek »

She gonna personally primary them all?
That's carpetbagging taken to a whole new level!
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

neonzx wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:38 pm She's "effective", eh?
You in the market for a new keyboard? Your current one seems to be missing the 'd'.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rimshot: And his "f" key double strikes.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Taxpayers are paying for this mailer sent by Rep Marjorie Taylor-Greene (R-Ga)

It's a piece of official "franked mail".. a Congressional perk to provide "official communication" by elected officials at taxpayer expense

Rules prohibit "political" mailings...

(THREAD)
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Oh, no way MTG broke the rules.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I wonder if someone will slap her wrist.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Send a bill for the postage to her campaign, or to her personally.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:44 pm I wonder if someone will slap her wrist.
Mildly, with a doily.

Smack!
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
raison de arizona

mtg doesn't care about only 500 dead children.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bill_g wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:42 pm Oh, no way MTG broke the rules.
How could she? Rules don't apply to her.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:57 pm mtg doesn't care about only 500 dead children.
It's not accurate anyway.
https://www.clarionledger.com/story/new ... 768481001/
northland10

Post by northland10 »

I am not entirely sure how your article shows it is off, especially since it was from early September. That said, looking at preliminary data by age group, worldwide, they look really short. I am much higher in counts for both COVID and all when I am looking at 0 to 14 (15-17 is bunched into 15-24). If I were to guess I suspect somebody forgot to include under 1, and only included those from 1-17.

The percentage Covid Deaths from all deaths for US, aged 5-14, is 1.6%
for age 1-4 it is 1% (0.97%)
For infants under 1, it is really low in percentage because of the existing mortality for infants.

In playing around with the visualization data from the CDC, I do find the increase in the percentage of deaths from COVID for the 5-14 age group disturbing (sorry I could not save it in a way that is interactive). Dark blue is all deaths, and light blue is COVID. It is scaled to make the COVID part higher since without it, that1-2% is a tiny row at the bottom.
Covid death 5-24.jpg
Covid death 5-24.jpg (161.88 KiB) Viewed 636 times
After a week of a virtual conference with fundraising data reporting and analytics, while also doing it for the rest of my jobs, it's is somewhat distressing that on a Friday night I am still doing data analytics. I can stop anytime I want. I don't have a problem.

ETA -PS. I chose to only use 5-14 as they are school-aged so are in direct impact for the mask requirement whining plus, in the short time playing with the tool, I just felt it easier to grab that and not make sure the combined worked on the visualization. Give me a break, I do this stuff all week long so was trying to be at least somewhat restrained. Can't help explaining my methodology.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

That chart shows 3 pediatric deaths from covid from Jan 1, 2020 to October 2, 2021 in MS.
The article I linked shows 7 pediatric deaths in MS since August 1 of this year alone. There have been others.
What am I missing?
Lani

Post by Lani »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:17 am That chart shows 3 pediatric deaths from covid from Jan 1, 2020 to October 2, 2021 in MS.
The article I linked shows 7 pediatric deaths in MS since August 1 of this year alone. There have been others.
What am I missing?
That she doesn't give a shit that some children died? How about the kiddos who are long haulers? Nope.
A SERIOUS picture is emerging about the long-term health effects of covid-19 in some children, with UK politicians calling the lack of acknowledgment of the problem a “national scandal”.

Children seem to be fairly well-protected from the most severe symptoms of covid-19. According to the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control, the majority of children don't develop symptoms when infected with the coronavirus, or their symptoms are very mild.

However, it is becoming increasingly apparent that a large number of children with symptomatic and asymptomatic covid-19 are experiencing long-term effects, many months after the initial infection.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7927578/

Here's the problem. How do you know if a baby or toddler has long covid? Research is underway, but the babies, toddlers and little kids can't explain what's happening.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

Post by Lani »

The harm children have from covid is likely covered by IDEA, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act, and the ADA.

Long COVID under Section 504 and IDEA: A Resource Guide for Children, Students, Educators, Schools, Service Providers, and Families
https://www.wrightslaw.com/blog/long-co ... -families/
In long COVID, debilitating health issues often disrupt schooling, sleep, mood, daily and extracurricular activities, and other areas. Common symptoms include headache, “brain fog,” exhaustion, dizziness, and heart palpitations. Recovery time is unclear.

Long COVID may be a disability under the IDEA, the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act.

In July 2021, the Department of Education published Long COVID under Section 504 and the IDEA: A Resource Guide to Support Children, Students, Educators, Schools, Service Providers, and Families (8 pages) to address the developmental and educational implications of long COVID for children and students.

The Long COVID Resource Guide provides information about long COVID as a disability and the responsibilities of schools to provide services and reasonable modifications to children and students for whom long COVID is a disability.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Did the people who elected MTG do so simply because she was the Republican candidate? She won the primary so it can be assumed a lot of Republican voters liked/agreed with her views/actions. It’s worrying that so many people are willing/want to vote for such a, to me, repulsive character; I suppose the same can be said for a number of elected Republican legislators. :smoking:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Uninformed wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:41 am Did the people who elected MTG do so simply because she was the Republican candidate? She won the primary so it can be assumed a lot of Republican voters liked/agreed with her views/actions. It’s worrying that so many people are willing/want to vote for such a, to me, repulsive character; I suppose the same can be said for a number of elected Republican legislators. :smoking:
It’s Deliverance-adjacent country. IIRC, she moved there for the purpose of getting elected.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Uninformed wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 5:41 am Did the people who elected MTG do so simply because she was the Republican candidate? She won the primary so it can be assumed a lot of Republican voters liked/agreed with her views/actions. It’s worrying that so many people are willing/want to vote for such a, to me, repulsive character; I suppose the same can be said for a number of elected Republican legislators. :smoking:
Short answer: Yes, she thinks just like them. She had a primary run off, the choices, her, a gym owner, or a neurosurgeon...

They choose her...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
northland10

Post by northland10 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:17 am That chart shows 3 pediatric deaths from covid from Jan 1, 2020 to October 2, 2021 in MS.
What am I missing?
I did not realize the entire chart was in the tweet so I was only going off the top part. As I mentioned above, I think he missed the 0 to 1-year-old. In the data I was looking at, that segment is rather high but as a data analyst, I am not entirely sure the numbers at that age are an apples to apples to later ages so I might consider omitting them or reporting separately. The big issue here is that, if they were left off, he did not note that which reduces the trust in the analytic. This is a key reporting rule. You could have a discrepancy in numbers due to scope, processes, etc, however, you need to point out those gaps in order to retain faith in the accuracy of results.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”