Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

exFLOTUS (Melania)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
p0rtia

Re: exFLOTUS

Post by p0rtia »

Don’t tell DeSantis. He sign an executive order making it a felony to reveal the name of the charity “a portion of the proceeds” goes to. Freedom!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

According to the report, "Mrs. Trump is now selling tickets to the April 'high tea,' with organizers saying that some of the profits will benefit an initiative of her 'Be Best' endeavor called 'Fostering the Future,' meant to provide computer-science scholarships to young people who have been in foster care."
Even though it’s Melania’s thing, I do hope this is just cart before horse stuff and there eventually will be a charity. This is a good idea. Foster kids need more help.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I would hope so too, but I have my doubts. She's probably scrambling now to figure out how to set up the charity as cheaply as possible so she can share as little of the take as possible. She's been planning to cash in as "former first lady" since even before the 2017 inauguration. I would bet any amount of money that by the time she woke up the day after election day 2016 she was already thinking of difference avenues of money making that could be had due to the increase in her profile as result of OSG getting elected. She said as much in her defamation case that was filed I think either shortly before or shortly after the 2017 inauguration.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Money That Won Melania Trump NFT Came From Melania Trump Wallet
The former first lady began an auction in January for a collection of NFTs on the Solana blockchain, including digital artwork of a hat that she wore.

The source of funds for the winning bid in Melania Trump’s first NFT auction appears to be the creators of the project themselves.

A series of blockchain transactions show that the cryptocurrency used to purchase Trump’s nonfungible token came from a wallet that belongs to the entity that originally listed the project for sale. The former first lady began an auction in January for a collection of NFTs on the Solana blockchain, with art from her first official state visit in 2018.

Trump listed the winner of the auction on her website, along with the bid history that shows the NFT sold for 1,800 SOL (now worth about $185,000) three weeks ago. The collection, titled “Head Of State,” was one of many planned auctions Trump said she would release at “regular intervals” when she announced the launch of a her NFT venture in December.

Transactions reviewed by Bloomberg News show that on Jan. 23, the digital wallet listed as the creator of Trump’s NFT transferred 372,657 USDC, a stablecoin pegged to the U.S. dollar, to a second wallet that later sent 1,800 SOL to a third address. That third one is listed as the winner of the auction on Trump’s website.
:snippity:
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles ... 185k-funds
:whistle:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I wondered about that and now wish I had posted my musings. What i noticed is that it was reported that the highest bid was whatever, then it was noted how many bids. But the amount that was raised was far above what that number of bids could have produced, given what the highest bid was. I thought maybe it was a typo or misreporting of something, but I also wondered if she wasn't embarrassed about how little was raised and chipped in the money herself for ego reasons.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RVInit wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 4:03 pm I wondered about that and now wish I had posted my musings. What i noticed is that it was reported that the highest bid was whatever, then it was noted how many bids. But the amount that was raised was far above what that number of bids could have produced, given what the highest bid was. I thought maybe it was a typo or misreporting of something, but I also wondered if she wasn't embarrassed about how little was raised and chipped in the money herself for ego reasons.
Maybe it is a ploy to boost the bidding on future NFTs. If bidders on the second, third and subsequent offerings see that the first one went for $185,000, they may think that it is a good investment and bid more.

If, on the other hand, the first one had sold for $12, no one would be interested in the second.

Do reputable auction houses, such as Christy's of Sotheby's, allow the seller to bid on their own auctions? It seems like a good way to fraudulently push the bidding higher.
raison de arizona

noblepa wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:44 am Maybe it is a ploy to boost the bidding on future NFTs. If bidders on the second, third and subsequent offerings see that the first one went for $185,000, they may think that it is a good investment and bid more.
Funny you should say that.

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:o there is no 45 Birther Coin :?:
raison de arizona

There is some scuttlebutt on the Twitters that this is all illegal because they are basing their "artwork" off official White House images that aren't theirs to license in this way. If I understand the argument correctly. FWIW.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

element of surprise?

you buy one not knowing what you are getting

pity the fool who gets the one of the gold toilet all clogged up
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

noblepa wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 11:44 am Do reputable auction houses, such as Christy's of Sotheby's, allow the seller to bid on their own auctions? It seems like a good way to fraudulently push the bidding higher.
Ooooooh yaaa. Putting up something like, for example, a comic up for sale then bidding it's price up yourself is an open secret way of inflating the worth of your own collection. And then you buy it yourself, and the thing you never intended on selling now has an on paper worth that has just gone up. The auction houses still take their commission so they don't give a fuck.

If you have a spare hour or so to listen to something, this is a pretty expose on the fraud that is going on in the Retro Games collectors market. I'm very certain that similar underhanded stuff is going on in all types of collector media.

Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

So I can bid on a digital artwork. By whom? Nobody knows.

Depicting what? A memorable moment of the worst presidency in history, but even so, they aren't telling you what it depicts, what "digital media" it is (I'm betting it's a Microsoft *.bmp file, those are from a time when America was American, amirite?), what size it is (240px x 320px), whether it's color or black and white ... well, not black, of course.

This sounds like a wonderful opportunity.

For Melanie.

:blackeye:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona

Sounds a lot like blah blah blah I'm a criminal and I got caught so now Imma gonna say this to me :shrug:
The Office of Melania Trump
Statement from Mrs. Melania Trump
February 18, 2022
To avoid confusion, I do not operate a 501(c)(3) charitable organization. In simple terms, “Fostering the Future” is the name of my platform. Fostering the Future is a Be Best initiative.
Recently, a computer science school founded in Silicon Valley with a campus in Oklahoma agreed to work with Fostering the Future. Multiple scholarships were going to be granted through the school’s preferred designated fund, based in Tulsa, with the first class of students enrolling in Fall 2022. I had signed the Designated Fund Agreement and was waiting for the countersignature when the school informed me it would no longer participate. They would not accept scholarship dollars for deserving students—even as an anonymous gift. It was made clear to me that the school’s Board of Directors organized a politically-motivated decision.

Obviously, I was disappointed but not surprised. This is not the first time where politics got in the way of my mission to support children. In fact, I tried to galvanize partners to broaden the impact of Be Best while in the White House and was outright rejected. For example, a prospective corporate partner refused an opportunity to further our shared philanthropic goals surrounding my visit to Africa.
Despite my actions, the press continues to publish inaccurate, misleading, and outright incorrect articles about my work. The media has created a narrative whereby I am trying to act in an illegal or unethical manner. That portrayal is simply untrue and adversely affects the children I hope to support. Those who attack my initiatives and create the appearance of impropriety are quite literally dream killers. They have canceled the hopes and dreams of children by trying to cancel me.
https://melaniatrump.com/fosteringthefuture
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

:confuzzled: :sick:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:violin:

She's as much a whiner as her husband.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I love the self-introspection.

Nobody's ever treated a first lady so badly, ever, ever in history since Michelle Obama, who STILL TO THIS VERY DAY IS ACCUSED OF BEING A MAN. :fingerwag:

So fuck you for crying about your shit, bitch.

But it's all about politics, boo hoo, boo hoo. :violin: :crying:

I wonder why your husband is disliked because of his politics? I wonder if that was ever turned against a First Lady before? :confuzzled:
raison de arizona

Wonder if she cleared this tweet with tfg? Is it bad that I am so jaded?
MELANIA TRUMP @MELANIATRUMP wrote: It is heartbreaking and horrific to see innocent people suffering. My thoughts and prayers are with the Ukrainian people. Please, if you can, donate to help them @ICRC
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I doubt she gives a shit what trump thinks. As much as I despise her, I think she enjoys twisting the knife occasionally. All she needs is an excuse.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Melania Trump event cancelled over fundraising questions
Ms Trump claims the event, which Florida authorities say is cancelled, will still go on at a later date

Two weeks after former first lady Melania Trump blasted reports that a charity meant to benefit from her appearance at an April fundraising event was not registered with Florida authorities as “inaccurate, misleading, and outright incorrect,” that same event has been cancelled.

According to the New York Times, the “Tulips & Topiaries” event she had announced in January will no longer take place because Florida officials found that Whip Fundraising — the company she had brought on to help solicit donations — had not followed state law by registering with authorities.

Erin Moffet, a spokeswoman for the Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services, told the Times the company was not “registered as a professional solicitor or a fund-raising consultant”. She added that any funds raised for the April event will now be donated to a properly registered Florida charity called GenJustice and said the state’s investigation into Ms Trump’s fundraiser was now closed.
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 28684.html
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Oh snap, that was definitely on my calendar. :mad:
raison de arizona

Melania’s Women’s History Month NFT Collection.

:roll:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I don’t see any nude photos or legs in the. Air photos so it’s not real
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 1:56 pm Don’t tell DeSantis. He sign an executive order making it a felony to reveal the name of the charity “a portion of the proceeds” goes to. Freedom!
WTAF? What does that accomplish, exactly? Aside from preventing charities from getting a bit of awareness-raising/promotion, that is... DeSantis is just weird.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Orrrrr, I could just go to her website, right click on the NFT, save as and gee whiz, I have the image without feeding her grift.

(just for S&G, I tried it, enlarged it 100% and still had a good enough quality to print out, if I was so inclined. Sure, it's not the "NFT" but does anyone really believe that's going to go up in value?)
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”