Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Republicans behaving badly

AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Republicans behaving badly

Post by AndyinPA »

:eek:

What a stupid pitch, especially to women.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Unrepentant.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That takes Floriduh Man to a whole 'nuther level.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

The R candidates everywhere are getting creepier and creepier, but FL is still Da Man.

Floridians, do regular people ever push back when politicians say these outrageous things? Like, someone in the crowd who thinks they’ve gone too far? Letters to the editor in the Miami Herald? What happens when they do?

We all need to be pushing back. It would be easier if their supporters weren’t armed and crazy.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Phoenix520 wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 9:17 pm The R candidates everywhere are getting creepier and creepier, but FL is still Da Man.

Floridians, do regular people ever push back when politicians say these outrageous things? Like, someone in the crowd who thinks they’ve gone too far? Letters to the editor in the Miami Herald? What happens when they do?

We all need to be pushing back. It would be easier if their supporters weren’t armed and crazy.
The problem is that these fucks don't usually represent the areas of the state which are Blue enough -- or sane and intelligent enough -- to care. My ex-wife and I would spend the occasional weekend morning between 1/4 mile and 1/2 down the road from our condo to enjoy breakfast at a Golden Corral or a Denny's or a family owned bagel joint, and even in the Northwestern Suburbs of Fort Lauderdale, there were way too many so-called 'centrist Republicans', 'blue dog Democrats', and 'independent thinkers' who were all closeted or open GOP-enablers, because they were wypipo of a certain age demographic who longed for simpler days and were scared witless of PoCs and tey gayz.

Bear in mind, this was when I was still a disaffected-but-affiliated Libertarian, and even then, these people annoyed the living shit out of me. My ex, who was a quiet young woman, believed passionately about a few things -- both of her parents had been low-paid nursing assistants or health care aides, and when all the nursing home scandals broke, so did her usual shyness, and we would spend our breakfast times going over the newspapers and discussing things loudly enough to be heard by some of our table-neighbors. The exchanged glares were great.

In hindsight, when I still grow maudlin over the failure of my marriage, years since my divorce, I remind myself that it wasn't just me from which she was running, it was goddamed Florida and its rapid descent into insanity.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

When I moved here, Florida was purple. It went for Obama both times, including 2012, the year I moved. Then it all went to hell.

Sorry about that.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 19, 2022 7:44 pm Unrepentant.
https:
//twitter.com/BillyCorben/status/1560697330097061890
The Florida GOP needs to swat this guy down, make him retract his statement, *and* drop him from the ticket. If they don't, the national party needs to step in. And if they don't, this needs to be run up a flagpole for everyone to see. This isn't idle free speech. This is the kind of free speech that gets you in trouble.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I saw they downloaded it from a story from a more liberal publication, so it's anti-GOP-and it didn't belong to them. Genius.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Quite apart from the content, they fact that they were willing to use copyrighted material willy nilly is pretty shady on its own. They probably have done the same thing before.

Not that I believe a word of what they said, of course. They knew what they were doing
Hic sunt dracones
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:55 pm
I saw they downloaded it from a story from a more liberal publication, so it's anti-GOP-and it didn't belong to them. Genius.
IP violation *AND* bigotry. And yet there are still people who are saying this to them:

But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:55 pm I saw they downloaded it from a story from a more liberal publication, so it's anti-GOP-and it didn't belong to them. Genius.
That Mother Jones article is pretty good. Kinda makes up for the stoopid of the school board chair. For the GOP it's all about race, and Trump was the natural destination. He didn't take the party. They gave it to him.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

bill_g wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:50 am He didn't take the party. They gave it to him.
That's how I see it. :smoking:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

bill_g wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 8:50 am
pipistrelle wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:55 pm I saw they downloaded it from a story from a more liberal publication, so it's anti-GOP-and it didn't belong to them. Genius.
That Mother Jones article is pretty good. Kinda makes up for the stoopid of the school board chair. For the GOP it's all about race, and Trump was the natural destination. He didn't take the party. They gave it to him.
Added the book mentioned in the article to my reading list. I just have two other books to get through first
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
bob

Post by bob »

"For completeness": Police in Cherry Hill charge actor Gary Busey with sex crimes:
Cherry Hill police said Busey faces two counts of fourth-degree criminal sexual contact, a single count of fourth-degree attempted sexual assault and a single count of harassment.

Police have charged the actor Gary Busey with three counts of sex crimes that they said took place when he allegedly groped at least two victims during a Monster-Mania convention in Cherry Hill earlier this month, authorities said Saturday.
Another article said that Busey was suspected of groping attendees at prior conventions.
Image ImageImage
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

bob wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:50 pm "For completeness": Police in Cherry Hill charge actor Gary Busey with sex crimes:
Cherry Hill police said Busey faces two counts of fourth-degree criminal sexual contact, a single count of fourth-degree attempted sexual assault and a single count of harassment.

Police have charged the actor Gary Busey with three counts of sex crimes that they said took place when he allegedly groped at least two victims during a Monster-Mania convention in Cherry Hill earlier this month, authorities said Saturday.
Another article said that Busey was suspected of groping attendees at prior conventions.
Heh. When I saw this I had to go check to see if it was one of Jeff Mach's conventions. He is a rather infamous local event runner who's territory covers Cherry Hill, known for things like using young women volunteers as 'payment' to his senior staff. Creep ass guy who lets a lot of creepy ass stuff slide at his events.
raison de arizona

Stonewall, really?
Log Cabin Republicans @LogCabinGOP wrote: Just as the patrons of Stonewall were not intimidated by police, we will not be intimidated by the weaponization of the FBI and DoJ against President Trump or his home, Mar-A-Lago…

…where (as we announced hours ago) we will be holding our annual gala later this year! 👊
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Appalling.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:48 pm Stonewall, really?
https:// twitter.com/logcabingop/status/1556839275244662784
Log Cabin Republicans @LogCabinGOP wrote: Just as the patrons of Stonewall were not intimidated by police, we will not be intimidated by the weaponization of the FBI and DoJ against President Trump or his home, Mar-A-Lago…

…where (as we announced hours ago) we will be holding our annual gala later this year! 👊
I missed the part where the patrons of Stonewall waited half a year to decide over dinner to vote for a riot :blackeye:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Volkonski wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 9:38 am
For a little context, this is the same Tennessee legislature that has criminalized abortion, including to save the life of the mother?

Charming.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Ha! Karma get em everytime.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Karma is one more powerful woman !
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

A lesser light Republican gets busted for soliciting sex with a minor.

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”