Republicans behaving badly

AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Republicans behaving badly

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnbcA1
Trump-era Environmental Protection Agency Chief Scott Pruitt will run to represent Oklahoma in the U.S. Senate.

Pruitt officially filed on Friday to run for the seat currently held by Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.). Inhofe announced earlier this year that he would not run for reelection.

It had been previously reported that Pruitt was considering a Senate bid.

Pruitt helmed the agency tasked with protecting the environment until resigning in 2018 amid several ethics controversies.
He should be in prison, not running for the Senate... :mad:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Apr 15, 2022 6:07 pm https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... li=BBnbcA1
Trump-era Environmental Protection Agency Chief Scott Pruitt will run to represent Oklahoma in the U.S. Senate.

Pruitt officially filed on Friday to run for the seat currently held by Sen. Jim Inhofe (R-Okla.). Inhofe announced earlier this year that he would not run for reelection.

It had been previously reported that Pruitt was considering a Senate bid.

Pruitt helmed the agency tasked with protecting the environment until resigning in 2018 amid several ethics controversies.
He should be in prison, not running for the Senate... :mad:
He and Zinke, both shamelessly gearing up for their second act.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

noblepa wrote: Thu Apr 14, 2022 2:44 pm I think we should return to having the League of Women Voters run the debates. And the league should set the dates and locations of the debates and tell the parties "This is when and where the debates will be. This is how many there will be. The TV networks have agreed to cover them. Show up, don't show up. Its your choice. A coin flip will determine who speaks first. If you don't show up, your opponent will have more time".
:yeahthat: :winner:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I think the debates are Kabuki Theater and never watch them.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

This is in the Republican thread because Brooks is a Republican, but I'm under no illusion that this isn't happening on both sides.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Not so much behaving badly as just extra stupidly...
Image Image Image Image
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Ah, I see you’ve found my Congresswoman. That’s probably not even the stupidest thing she’s said this week, and it’s only Tuesday!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Actually that number is correct. The number of migrants has increased significantly after the policy set by the former guy was dropped.

See stats at https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sout ... encounters
tek

Post by tek »

The tweet said 1 billion. Three times the population of the United States.

If I read your link correctly, it says one million.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

(a) That says a Million (1,000,000), not a Billion (1,000,000,000) like she said.

(b) If you are apprehending a million people at a border in 6 months, that's not an open border.
Hic sunt dracones
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 7:48 am Actually that number is correct. The number of migrants has increased significantly after the policy set by the former guy was dropped.

See stats at https://www.cbp.gov/newsroom/stats/sout ... encounters
Actually, no. She said a billion, not a million. Also, she seems to equate apprehension with admission.
Image Image Image Image
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:bag: :bag: :bag:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 8:26 am :bag: :bag: :bag:
Don't be embarrassed. I misread things all the time. :bighug: :bighug:
Hic sunt dracones
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Aaron Von Ehlinger, former Idaho GOP lawmaker, convicted of raping 19yo legislative intern.

This is the case where, after the charges became public, another GOP legislator, who I'm sure is an otherwise lovely woman, doxxed the victim & set off a campaign of harassment against her.

https://apnews.com/article/idaho-boise- ... 5d8e1456f5
Image Image Image Image
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Estiveo wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 4:33 pm Aaron Von Ehlinger, former Idaho GOP lawmaker, convicted of raping 19yo legislative intern.

This is the case where, after the charges became public, another GOP legislator, who I'm sure is an otherwise lovely woman, doxxed the victim & set off a campaign of harassment against her.

https://apnews.com/article/idaho-boise- ... 5d8e1456f5
Good for that jury. It was basically a circumstantial case after she left the stand and refused to return and her testimony was thrown out.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Republicans Cheer As Congressional Candidate Demands Fauci’s Execution By Firing Squad
Oklahoma GOP Chair John Bennett's comments advocating violence against the top infectious disease expert earned him applause at a campaign event.

Lee Moran
Apr. 27, 2022, 02:48 AM EDT | Updated Apr. 27, 2022

Oklahoma GOP Chair John Bennett, who is running for Congress, said he wants to put Dr. Anthony Fauci in front of a firing squad ― and the crowd at a campaign event clapped and cheered.

“We’re fighting communist Democrats, establishment RINOs!” Bennett ranted in a video that Right Wing Watch shared online Tuesday, which has now gone viral.

“We’re fighting against a system that stole the election in 2020 and nobody had been held accountable,” Bennett continued, parroting former President Donald Trump’s baseless election fraud claims. “We’re in a war with bureaucrats that have forced vaccine mandates on us, mask mandates on us.”

Bennett then railed against something he described as “wokeness confusion,” which he alleged is being pushed “down our throats now.”

Then came his sinister line about Fauci, who has been targeted by repeated death threats for his public health work during the coronavirus pandemic.

“And by the way, we should try Anthony Fauci and put him in front of a firing squad,” said Bennett, not really expanding on what crime he believes Fauci has committed.

Then he added: “And for the Secret Service, if they’re listening, I’m not advocating we kill Anthony Fauci … until he’s convicted of his crimes through a court.”

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/gop-chai ... 625c0e1aa0
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

"We are totally opposed to abortion" :blackeye:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Stephen Miller says the “radical left” is systematically destroying America, but if you send him money, he will stop it.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Success on Roe v Wade has encouraged the worst in Republicans.

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I saw a journalist on Deadline White House (I think) yesterday, who said she had interviewed someone who always was outside abortion clinics protesting. She asked him what he was going to do if Roe was no longer the law of the land. He said he would move onto the gays. :mad:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/05/politics ... index.html
(CNN)Rep. Paul Gosar boasts he's been "relentless" in seeking to restore fiscal responsibility and "common sense" when it comes to the "bloated" federal government.

"I will continue to cut wasteful federal spending wherever I can," the Arizona Republican says on his official website. "The American people and taxpayers deserve nothing less."

Yet Gosar doesn't seem to practice what he preaches.

A review conducted by the nonpartisan watchdog Moonlight Foundation of the self-described fiscal conservative's spending shows he has spent more taxpayer dollars on travel than any other member of the House over the past five years -- an unusual amount of money spent by a rank-and-file member who has served in the minority for part of that time and has built a scant record of legislative accomplishments.
More at the link.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:46 am I saw a journalist on Deadline White House (I think) yesterday, who said she had interviewed someone who always was outside abortion clinics protesting. She asked him what he was going to do if Roe was no longer the law of the land. He said he would move onto the gays. :mad:
I saw that too. Just a reminder for folks who think this isn't about power and control.

It. Was. Never. About. The. Babies.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

p0rtia wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:34 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:46 am I saw a journalist on Deadline White House (I think) yesterday, who said she had interviewed someone who always was outside abortion clinics protesting. She asked him what he was going to do if Roe was no longer the law of the land. He said he would move onto the gays. :mad:
I saw that too. Just a reminder for folks who think this isn't about power and control.

I think you meant "is" there... :think:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:53 pm
p0rtia wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 5:34 pm

I think you meant "is" there... :think:
Nope.

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”