Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Republicans behaving badly

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Republicans behaving badly

Post by raison de arizona »

I saw a screen cap of this and thought it was a joke.
Jim Banks @RepJimBanks wrote: Student loan forgiveness undermines one of our military’s greatest recruitment tools at a time of dangerously low enlistments.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Aug 26, 2022 10:46 am I saw a screen cap of this and thought it was a joke.
Jim Banks @RepJimBanks wrote: Student loan forgiveness undermines one of our military’s greatest recruitment tools at a time of dangerously low enlistments.
Yet another entry in the "saying the quiet part out loud" sweepstakes.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

In true Republican family values wife number three fashion...
PatriotTakes 🇺🇸 @patriottakes wrote: Newt Gingrich made his wife who is limping and has a leg injury and a boot on her leg get his coffee this morning and deliver it to his driver side window.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

And this is why I hate taking my 10yo to sportsball games these days. I suppose it isn't really a big deal to explain we're surrounded by assholes, but then he gets intimidated that we are, in fact, surrounded by assholes. Coyotes fans, I'm looking at you.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I just started Dana Milbank's The Destructionists, about how Newt Gingrich and his "Contract on with America" led directly to trump and Jan 6th. I found this statistic in the introduction rather interesting:
...in October 2020, the Department of Homeland Security—Trump’s Department of Homeland Security—concluded that white supremacist violence was the “most persistent and lethal threat in the homeland.” A study by the nonpartisan Center for Strategic and International Studies found that white supremacists and like-minded extremists conducted 67 percent of terrorist plots and attacks in the United States in 2020, compared to 20 percent by anarchist, antifascist, and like-minded extremists.
If there's a better thread for this, please move it to where it belongs. Thanks!
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/fo ... smsnnews11
Former Idaho lawmaker Aaron von Ehlinger gets 20-year sentence

Former Idaho lawmaker Aaron von Ehlinger has been sentenced to 20 years in prison for raping a legislative intern.

He'll have to serve a minimum of eight years before he's eligible for parole. Once released, he's been ordered to register as a sex offender.

After von Ehlinger gave a statement in the courtroom Wednesday, Judge Reardon said, "I have to come to the conclusion that your denial, your demonstrated lack of empathy for the victim, your propensity to blame the victim. When I listened to you today, I wrote down two words - victim and hero. That you see yourself as a victim and you see yourself as a hero, and frankly, I don’t see you as either one of those things."

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 11:11 am :snippity:

After von Ehlinger gave a statement in the courtroom Wednesday, Judge Reardon said, "I have to come to the conclusion that your denial, your demonstrated lack of empathy for the victim, your propensity to blame the victim. When I listened to you today, I wrote down two words - victim and hero. That you see yourself as a victim and you see yourself as a hero, and frankly, I don’t see you as either one of those things."

Bench slap!!!!!!!!!!

With the back of the bench....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Not sure if this was posted yet. Scary stuff.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Dr. Ken wrote: Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:00 pm
Skimming the article first thing in the morning, 5 minutes after rolling out of bed, without benefit of caffeine, I see no mention of any recourse for this behavior. Did I miss something or is this being done with impunity?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Is Santorum planning another run at President?

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

State Rep. James Hieb Misted Downtown Portland With Pepper Spray Alongside the Proud Boys
He was then arrested for drunken, disorderly conduct at the Clackamas County Fair after becoming a legislator.

By Lucas Manfield
August 31, 2022 at 5:30 am PDT
For the past two weeks, a state lawmaker has faced intense scrutiny following his arrest for disorderly conduct at the Clackamas County Fair.

On the night of Aug. 17, state Rep. James Hieb (R-Canby) was intoxicated and belligerent when Clackamas County sheriff’s deputies attempted to eject him from the fairgrounds. (A fair employee had asked him to stop smoking a cigarette.) After a sheriff’s deputy told Hieb he was going to perform a pat-down, the legislator revealed he was carrying a concealed handgun.

WW has learned of a previous encounter Hieb had with the criminal justice system in which he was less than forthright about the weapons he carried and how he used them.

Video shows Hieb at a 2020 clash between right-wing militants and their left-wing adversaries, covering his retreat from downtown Portland with a mist of pepper spray.

https://www.wweek.com/news/2022/08/31/s ... roud-boys/
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:13 am
State Rep. James Hieb Misted Downtown Portland With Pepper Spray Alongside the Proud Boys
He was then arrested for drunken, disorderly conduct at the Clackamas County Fair after becoming a legislator.

Aaaand ... he runs a daycare.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Groomer  :?:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2022/9 ... ple-chimps
Barely-a-candidate Republican audaciously invokes MLK's legacy after calling Black people 'chimps'

A Colorado Republican running to represent the 3rd District in the state House of Representatives apparently thinks racism is her best ticket to office.

When GOP candidate Marla Fernandez’s opponent, Democrat Rep. Meg Froelich, tweeted about securing an essential endorsement, Froelich included a photo of herself alongside three other Black and Hispanic candidates. Fernandez, who Fox 31 identified as a "longshot Republican candidate," called the women “chimps.”

When given the opportunity to correct her disgusting remark, she instead told Fox 31 that she meant to write "chump."

"But I said, you know what, let’s go with this and see what happens, since I’m Hispanic,” Fernandez said, laughing. “So, I got the media coverage.”

While even the Colorado GOP Chairwoman Kristi Burton Brown criticized the tweet as “uncalled for and highly inappropriate," Fernandez doubled down on her stance, Fox 31 reported.

“I didn’t do anything wrong. It was meant for Meg, and I didn’t even care about the people that were on there,” Fernandez said. “I mean, I was just trying to address the fact that she got sponsored by the NEA, who is number one next to nobody and funds the Democrats.”

“I’m not going to apologize, because I didn’t do anything wrong, and I’m not racist. It’s not true.”
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Not just voicemails.

raison de arizona

But don't call them deplorable, it hurts their feelings.
June bug

Post by June bug »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 2:02 pm But don't call them deplorable,or semi-fascist, it hurts their feelings.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Aw. She's a hero and deserves a flag and a certificate ... for her treachery. Louie, Louie, Louie.

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Did we pay for his flight?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Normal, reassuring stuff from an official account for an armed federal agency—serially retweeting the dark fulminations of the professionally racist close advisor to the former president who tried to overthrow the republic.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Someone was probably logged into the wrong account when doing private retwitting.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Suranis wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 6:19 pm Someone was probably logged into the wrong account when doing private retwitting.

I'm on it. The likes are also a dead giveaway that whoever runs the account didn't realize they're logged into the work account and not their personal account. Really nasty likes too, including anti-gay playground names about Buttigieg.

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”