Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Republicans behaving badly

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:20 pm The guy standing near her rescued the flag before tending to the fallen female. Priorities.

https://rollanroberts.com/

AMERICA 2.0 -
ONE NATION UNDER GOD.
"For such a time as this."

Rollan is a Liberty Univ grad.
I thought he was just getting it out of the way. He left it on the ground.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:57 pm
neonzx wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:20 pm The guy standing near her rescued the flag before tending to the fallen female. Priorities.

https://rollanroberts.com/

AMERICA 2.0 -
ONE NATION UNDER GOD.
"For such a time as this."

Rollan is a Liberty Univ grad.
I thought he was just getting it out of the way. He left it on the ground.
Same. It got tangled up in his arms as he was reaching to help the Woman. I thought he wasn't giving a crap about the flag honestly. He got the woman on the ground and then put the flag aside.
Hic sunt dracones
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

It fell on top of her for crying out loud.

He gently lifted it off her head/neck/chest.

What a weird take.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... des-house/
Newly elected Rep. Cory Mills (R-Fla.) passed out grenades Thursday to other members of Congress, along with a note on his office letterhead emphasizing that the ordnance was made in Florida.

“I am honored to be a part of the Armed Services and Foreign Affairs Committees,” Mills wrote. “In that spirit, it is my pleasure to give you a 40mm grenade, made for a MK19 grenade launcher. These are manufactured in the Sunshine State and first developed in the Vietnam War.”

At the bottom of the letter was a postscript noting that the grenades are inert.

Accompanying the letter was a grenade stamped with the GOP logo, according to a photograph posted on Twitter by Daily Mail reporter Morgan Phillips.
I guess I could have put this in the 118 Congress thread, too, but I didn't.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:17 am https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... des-house/
Newly elected Rep. Cory Mills (R-Fla.) passed out grenades Thursday to other members of Congress, along with a note on his office letterhead emphasizing that the ordnance was made in Florida.

“I am honored to be a part of the Armed Services and Foreign Affairs Committees,” Mills wrote. “In that spirit, it is my pleasure to give you a 40mm grenade, made for a MK19 grenade launcher. These are manufactured in the Sunshine State and first developed in the Vietnam War.”

At the bottom of the letter was a postscript noting that the grenades are inert.

Accompanying the letter was a grenade stamped with the GOP logo, according to a photograph posted on Twitter by Daily Mail reporter Morgan Phillips.
I guess I could have put this in the 118 Congress thread, too, but I didn't.
So... The GOP is intent on blowing themselves up? :lol: Please proceed.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

That thing doesn't look cheap. I wonder how much 434 of them cost (with the logo added) and who paid for them?
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona

Senator Kristen McDonald Rivet @McdonaldRivet wrote: Wondering who this guy is? They call him a "Tracker." He is paid for by the Republicans and he follows me around with a camera shouting comments. At the Capitol, outside restaurants when I am with my kids. Politics doesn't have to be this way. #hatewontwin
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I guess someone needs to start to track the tracker in his off-duty time :twisted:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hic sunt dracones
tek

Post by tek »

Seems different.

the MN trackers just tracked, they didn't 'shout comments'
raison de arizona

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

ref.
Oklahoma Governor Claims State For Christ. Controversy Ensues

by R. SCOTT CLARK on November 15, 2022

After his re-election as governor of the State of Oklahoma, the hon. Kevin Stitt appeared at a prayer rally. He said the following:

STITT:
“Father, we just claim Oklahoma for you. Every square inch, we claim it for you in the name of Jesus. Father, we can do nothing apart from you. We [wind noise] battle against flesh and blood, against principalities of darkness. Father, we just come against that, we just loose your will over our state right now in the name of Jesus. … We just thank you, we claim Oklahoma for you, as the authority that I have as governor, and the spiritual authority and the physical authority that you give me. I claim Oklahoma for you, that we will be a light to our country and to the world right here on stage. We thank you that your will is done on Tuesday and, Father, that you will have your way with our state, with our education system, with everything within the walls behind me and the rooms behind me, Lord, that you will root out corruption, you will bring the right people into this building, Father, from now on.”
The TheoRecon crowd is very excited about his exercise of dominion over the State of Oklahoma in Jesus’ name. After I objected on Twitter to some of Stitt’s language, a minister in my federation (i.e., denomination) of churches exclaimed that he was dumbfounded. My ministerial colleague should be “dumbfounded” but not for the reasons he thinks.

He should be astounded, amazed, and shocked that a sitting governor, speaking in his office as governor spoke the way he did.

https://heidelblog.net/2022/11/oklahoma ... sy-ensues/
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

She deleted it. After exTrump attorney illegally posts viral video of woman in airport bathroom without her consent, thinking she was going to call out the woke libs on a trans issue, it turns out LAX is under construction and this is a men’s room temporarily set up for women.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Pretty sure it's illegal to film/photograph in a public restroom.

LOCK.HER.UP!!

Yeah, not going to happen.

But I love conservatives getting "triggered" by nothing and going into freakout/panic mode. :biggrin:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:58 pm Pretty sure it's illegal to film/photograph in a public restroom.
I don't know at what jurisdiction level it is, but it sure is here. I've seen signs in some of the interstate rest stops. But even so, common sense.

They're mindless outrage-seeking missiles that frequently misfire in their zeal.
raison de arizona

More Perfect Union @MorePerfectUS wrote: A new Iowa bill would roll back child labor laws, allowing 14 to 17-year-olds to work in mining, meatpacking, demolition, operating guillotine shears, and other dangerous jobs. Under the business-backed bill, employers wouldn't be civilly liable if kids are injured or killed.

The new Iowa bill would also completely lift a ban on 14 and 15-year-olds working in freezers and meat coolers, and allow kids as young as 14 1/2 to drive themselves to work. Other dangerous jobs would be allowed with exemptions.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Yes, lowest unemployment since 1969 (and yet, somehow, “Immigrants are stealing our jobs?”) and the number of boomers dropping out of the workplace has its effects. Especially in parts of rural America where the young (with drive and talent) leave the region.
There likely was good reason to make these high risk jobs unavailable for the young people in the workplace. I would hope that use of smart devices for social media etc would be curtailed to keep their attention focussed..
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Natural selection

The inattentive will be weeded out by being maimed or killed and replacements brought in.

By 14 years old they should know that they are worth less than company profits.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Texas-

Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, without evidence, calls for new Harris County election

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/politi ... 769128.php
Patrick on Monday called for Harris County to redo its November 2022 election based on claims that voters were turned away due to alleged paper ballot shortages, though Patrick admitted he has no idea how many voters were disenfranchised, if any.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Collins to Comer: You've asked for visitor names from the Secret Service when it comes to classified documents and Biden. Have you also asked the Secret Service for those names from Mar-a-Lago?
More clips from the interview at the link.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

On the left, Republican Senator Mike Lee feigns outrage during the State of the Union when President Biden suggests that some Republicans want to cut Social Security and Medicare.

On the right, Mike Lee says he wants to get rid of Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:20 pm
On the left, Republican Senator Mike Lee feigns outrage during the State of the Union when President Biden suggests that some Republicans want to cut Social Security and Medicare.

On the right, Mike Lee says he wants to get rid of Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid.
In my entirely amateur opinion, I think MT does it best when they stick to short punchy snippets like this one that don't require their talking heads explaining :shit: over and over again. But this could just be me.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:50 am In my entirely amateur opinion, I think MT does it best when they stick to short punchy snippets like this one that don't require their talking heads explaining :shit: over and over again. But this could just be me.
It's not just you. I don't need a 'splainer blah,blah, blah as if I were a child. I don't have enough free minutes in my day to listen to run-on commentary telling me what I am supposed to think.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:50 am
Kendra wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:20 pm https:// twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1623219230643744768

In my entirely amateur opinion, I think MT does it best when they stick to short punchy snippets like this one that don't require their talking heads explaining :shit: over and over again. But this could just be me.
No, it's me too.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Sex, drugs and deleted ballots? New Mexico elections official hit with ethics charge

Jane C. Timm
Sat, February 11, 2023 at 3:00 PM GMT+1

A county clerk in New Mexico abused the power of her office and broke the law in the run-up to the 2022 elections, a state agency alleged in court this week, claiming that the official deleted and mishandled midterm ballots; sought, obtained and discussed drugs; and even deployed a Taser near a coworker.

The complaint also alleges that Yvonne Otero, a Republican elected as Torrance County clerk in 2020, violated election procedures around certifying election machines, alluded to having sex and doing cocaine during work hours and threatened employees — before she eventually just stopped doing her job in the fall, before the election.

Otero's attorney, Jacob Candelaria, said the complaint included false, “outlandish, and dramatized” allegations, and argued election deniers were trying to punish his client for not accepting false claims about voter fraud.

"My client fully intends to defend herself against these false allegations," he said, adding that she was separately seeking a court order to get her job back.

The extraordinary allegations were made by the New Mexico State Ethics Commission, an independent state agency that enforces governmental conduct and anti-corruption laws, in a court filing on Tuesday.

Torrance County requested the commission investigate the matter, said Jessica Randall, deputy general counsel on the commission.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/sex-drugs-de ... 40964.html
(original: NBC News)

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”