Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Republicans behaving badly

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Republicans behaving badly

Post by Slim Cognito »

thanks!!!!
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Rep Greg Steube (R-FL) shows his guns during House Judiciary Cmte hearing on gun control

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) says "I hope the gun isn't loaded"

Rep Steube responds, "I'm at my house. I can do whatever I want with my guns"
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I am NEVER going to FL again. Seriously.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:10 pm :mad: :mad: :mad:

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/stat ... 6893207552
Rep Greg Steube (R-FL) shows his guns during House Judiciary Cmte hearing on gun control

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) says "I hope the gun isn't loaded"

Rep Steube responds, "I'm at my house. I can do whatever I want with my guns"
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Gohmert's righteous indignation against *checks notes* Democrats supporting killing people, I think? Anyway, it's bad.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I didn't know a fecking Raccoon had armored skin.
Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:30 pm
Almost every serious farmer or hunter I know swears that if you're hunting racoons, you don't need or want anything more powerful than a .22LR round, and you hardly need an AR-15 for that. This is especially the case when you're being assisted by dogs. Just in case.

Coyotes, okay, maybe, I could see an AR-15 for keeping coyotes away. But, again, a soupcon of overkill.

I just did a sanity check on this one, bouncing my response off of two of my godchildren, both veterans (one AF, one LAARNG) annd the National Guard veteran is also an avid hunter. Her sister, my other goddaughter, is a hunter, as well, even more avidly, but not a veteran; she has yet to get back to me, but it's mid-day and she has a newborn baby-child so she's perhaps doing mommy duty right now. By which, of course, I mean killing racoons that are trying to seize the baby.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Ben-Prime wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:03 pm Almost every serious farmer or hunter I know swears that if you're hunting racoons, you don't need or want anything more powerful than a .22LR round, and you hardly need an AR-15 for that. This is especially the case when you're being assisted by dogs. Just in case.
I know they can be configured for multiple calibers, but if I recall correctly AR-15s usually either 22LR or 5.56mm NATO. For all of the cultural connection around them, they are really just varmint rifles with silly quasi-military aesthetics.

Though personally, I've found air rifles good enough for raccoons.. at least if your goal is to protect livestock as opposed to hunting for sport/food.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

neeneko wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:48 pm :snippity:
I know they can be configured for multiple calibers, but if I recall correctly AR-15s usually either 22LR or 5.56mm NATO. For all of the cultural connection around them, they are really just varmint rifles with silly quasi-military aesthetics.

Though personally, I've found air rifles good enough for raccoons.. at least if your goal is to protect livestock as opposed to hunting for sport/food.
You would need a conversion kit to make it 22LR the standard is .223 cal and 5.56MM
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:20 pm
neeneko wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 1:48 pm :snippity:

You would need a conversion kit to make it 22LR the standard is .223 cal and 5.56MM
.22 LR don't do the kind of damage that is being described about the bodies of the children. When their flesh is so shredded they have to be identified through DNA, that's not a .22 anything.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 5:20 pm You would need a conversion kit to make it 22LR the standard is .223 cal and 5.56MM
You don't need a conversion kit, you just by another model. One of the problems with talking about ARs is they are more of a 'platform' or spec than a specific gun. It is like buying a 'PC' at this point, the parts are all interchangeable and within a conversation you can be talking about guns with radically differnt capabilities.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I've been told that by students but in 25+ years of teaching-I have never said anything like that.

I think I have cussed once in the classroom when 3 weeks ago I told a kid to sit his ass down because he got scissors and was going to cut someone's hair.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

sad-cafe wrote: Fri Jun 03, 2022 8:48 pm :snippity:

I think I have cussed once in the classroom when 3 weeks ago I told a kid to sit his ass down because he got scissors and was going to cut someone's hair.
The nuns in my Catholic schools could make Sailors blush with the profanities they would spew out to me...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Vows of Chastity and obedience :mrgreen: will do that to you...
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Off Topic
In ten years of schooling, I never heard a teacher curse. Then I transferred to a Catholic high school, and my (required) religion class was taught by a Jesuit priest, if that is the correct term. I fergit. Anyway, he could sure curse a blue streak. And he didn't care if anyone else did as well. My jaw was on the floor. In any case, he, and every Jesuit in that school were all super cool guys, every one. Loved them. The admin, on the other hand...

Also, that is the first place I went where drugs were ubiquitous and readily available at any time. All these rich boys had way too much money and nothing but time on their hands. In public school, everyone was too poor and busy to be using on a daily basis.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Suranis wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 11:01 am Vows of Chastity and obedience :mrgreen: will do that to you...
:rotflmao:
101010 :towel:
Lani

Post by Lani »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:17 pm I am NEVER going to FL again. Seriously.
I'm staying in Hawaii. Could have a better life elsewhere ... except for the damn guns.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Suranis (autocorrect version is Sudan) is right. Also, too, the vows of chastity, obedience and poverty do not include cursing.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Gotta love auto-correct!
Tiredretiredlawyer

qbawl wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:30 am Gotta love auto-correct!
Dammit!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Dammit you saw through my disguise. :bag:
Hic sunt dracones
Tiredretiredlawyer

:rotflmao:

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”