Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Republicans behaving badly

Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

northland10 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 10:53 pm Love the quality candidates:

https://www.abqjournal.com/2565117/solo ... homes.html
Pena’s candidacy came under scrutiny over the summer when his opponent, Rep. Miguel P. Garcia, D-Albuquerque, filed a court challenge to disqualify him because he had been convicted in 2008 of stealing large amounts of goods from several big box retail stores in a reported “smash and grab” scheme.

Pena served nearly seven years in prison.

In September, 2nd Judicial District Judge Joshua Allison ruled that a state law barring felons from holding office unless they are pardoned by the governor is unconstitutional so Pena remained on the ballot.

Less than two months later Pena lost the November election by more than 3,600 votes — garnering 2,033 votes to Garcia’s 5,679.
He may have been at Jan 6 as well.

In various years, the incumbent Garcia has run uncontested.
I guess this was one of his "options"
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

So, in addition to hiring thugs to shoot at Democrats homes, Pena did one of the shootings himself. And apparently shots went into the bedroom of a 10 year old. I had heard about this but didn't realize that any of the shots actually penetrated into any of the homes. Apparently in addition to the bullet(s) that went into the bedroom of a 10 year old, shots also went into the living room of one lawmaker who says she often spends time in that room with her grandkids. I hope he does serious time in the state penitentiary.

It's a damn shame Trump and the Faux News gasbags will never be charged with the stochastic terrorism they constantly foist upon us.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:58 pm
Pretty sure you aren't going to die from catching fat from anyone if you stand too close to them.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

sugar magnolia wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:53 am

Pretty sure you aren't going to die from catching fat from anyone if you stand too close to them.
I don't know.... It sure would explain a lot.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Jan 17, 2023 7:58 pm
Oh, it's simple: It's dumbasses like you that are continually damaging America.

Glad to help.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.commondreams.org/news/iowa- ... strictions
Republicans in the Iowa House introduced legislation this month that would impose a slew of fresh restrictions on the kinds of food people can purchase using SNAP benefits, sparking outrage among local groups who say the measure would exacerbate hunger in the GOP-dominated state.

The Des Moines Area Religious Council (DMARC), an interfaith group that operates the largest food pantry network in Iowa, noted in a statement earlier this week that if the bill passes, "Iowans could no longer use their SNAP benefits to purchase meat, nuts, and seeds; flour, butter, cooking oil, soup, canned fruits, and vegetables; frozen prepared foods, snack foods, herbs, spices—not even salt or pepper."

"This is a punitive policy that will do nothing to improve the health and nutrition of Iowans, but rather be a detriment," the group said.

The Iowa Hunger Coalition (IHC) also condemned the bill, voicing opposition to its proposed food restrictions as well as new asset limits that would make it more difficult for families to qualify for SNAP, a program funded by the federal government and administered by states.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:48 pm https://www.commondreams.org/news/iowa- ... strictions
"Iowans could no longer use their SNAP benefits to purchase meat, nuts, and seeds; flour, butter, cooking oil, soup, canned fruits, and vegetables; frozen prepared foods, snack foods, herbs, spices—not even salt or pepper."
Usually the objection is to chips, candy, and other "snack foods." Now even canned fruit and vegetables? And let them eat margarine instead of butter? Yeesh. Next it'll be they can't use SNAP benefits to buy any food.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Dems made the right move away from Iowa. Looks like they’ve caught that nasty red flu that’s roiling the heartland.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:59 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 12:48 pm https://www.commondreams.org/news/iowa- ... strictions
"Iowans could no longer use their SNAP benefits to purchase meat, nuts, and seeds; flour, butter, cooking oil, soup, canned fruits, and vegetables; frozen prepared foods, snack foods, herbs, spices—not even salt or pepper."
Usually the objection is to chips, candy, and other "snack foods." Now even canned fruit and vegetables? And let them eat margarine instead of butter? Yeesh. Next it'll be they can't use SNAP benefits to buy any food.
Crazy, isn't it? So parents can no longer purchase with SNAP/EBT white bread, butter, and American cheese. NO MORE GRILLED CHEESE sandwiches for the kids.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

When someone needs help
The gop solution
Make life more miserable
Because cruel is what they are.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:42 pm
Crazy, isn't it? So parents can no longer purchase with SNAP/EBT white bread, butter, and American cheese. NO MORE GRILLED CHEESE sandwiches for the kids.
Not so. They can get wheat bread, margarine, and the finest European cheeses.

And no cooking oil because..I don't know why.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 10:28 pm
neonzx wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 6:42 pm
Not so. They can get wheat bread, margarine, and the finest European cheeses.

And no cooking oil because..I don't know why.
Oh, what about grilled cheese sandwiches? Can you make those with brie? Everybody like brie, right?

[announcer] You don't have to be a perfect parent. Thousands of teens in foster care would love to push your food around their plate.
Well, that's from memory, so I probably have certain details wrong.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

There is always Velveeta(R), a pasteurized cheese spread. Also good bait for catching trout.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

He said J6 was an “ordinary tourist visit.”
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

News: Sen. Eric Schmitt called Sens. Tillis and Blackburn to see if they'd step down from Judiciary so he could get on.

Blackburn: "I’m the only Republican woman on the Senate Judiciary Committee and I don’t intend to come off"
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Kendra wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 7:18 pm
He said J6 was an “ordinary tourist visit.”
For the record Clyde reps GA-9, his section of N GA is neighbor to Taylor-Green's GA-14
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Maybe we should declare many of the Republican members of the House and other political bodies as a domestic terrorist organization, no?
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I guess it isn't _that_ bad, but he does delay an awful long time to my eye before checking on his fallen wife.
Santiago Mayer @santiagomayer_ wrote: You probably missed this but another Republican announced he was running for President while his pregnant wife literally passed out in the background
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:eek:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Eh, that looks about right to me for someone shocked and not knowing what to do. If he immediately rushed over, I would think it had been staged.
Hic sunt dracones
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Suranis wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:49 pm Eh, that looks about right to me for someone shocked and not knowing what to do. If he immediately rushed over, I would think it had been staged.
My thought too.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

keith wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:50 pm
Suranis wrote: Thu Jan 26, 2023 5:49 pm Eh, that looks about right to me for someone shocked and not knowing what to do. If he immediately rushed over, I would think it had been staged.
My thought too.
Fair enough.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

The guy standing near her rescued the flag before tending to the fallen female. Priorities.

https://rollanroberts.com/

AMERICA 2.0 -
ONE NATION UNDER GOD.
"For such a time as this."

Rollan is a Liberty Univ grad.

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”