Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Republicans behaving badly

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Republicans behaving badly

Post by Slim Cognito »

Cornyn is in a lot of trouble over his support of reasonable, if miniscule, gun regulation, so he's got a lot of makin' up to do
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Jim

Post by Jim »

Interesting...

The Population Bomb, 50 Years Later: A Conversation with Paul Ehrlich
Paul Ehrlich: Yeah, we get – it’s interesting. People say oh well we can do it. We can distribute food better. We can stop wasting food. Well, I hate to tell you, you're a young man, but in the 1950s and 60s we were saying, you know, we could feed a lot more people if we didn't waste so much food. We’re wasting more now than we did then. In other words, when you look at the trends in how we’re behaving, we’re wrapping more -- after all, in 1960 we didn't have Texas size chunks of plastic debris floating around in the oceans. With now within the next few years we’ll have more plastic in the oceans than we have weight of fish, weight of plastic. The plastic gets ground into tiny little fragments on the surface they’re collected persistent organic pollutants, POPs, and they are now small enough, those fragments, to go through the blood brain barrier. Our seafood is loaded with them. We are one of the things that’s not recognize at all is the toxification of our entire planet.

You know, if you do individual studies, you find if you look at the IQs of kids raised upwind of the lead smelter versus downwind the upwind kids had two or three more IQ points than the downwind kids. If you look at the same the ones raised upwind of the farm fields that are being treated with pesticides versus downwind, the smarter kids are always upwind. So a lot of scientists think we’re actually dumbing down humanity. Now, I didn't think there was any empirical evidence of this until I watch the 2016 Republican debates then you could see we are dumbing down humanity.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Mike Huckabee says Democrats are happy Roe was overturned because they were looking for an excuse to riot: “They’re always looking for something to scream about and burn buildings over, and this is just the latest.”
Does anyone have a link to a real, credible report of actual riots and property damage from all these demonstrations last weekend?

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

My husband* told me so.

*father
brother
uncle
cousin
son
neighbor
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:17 am Does anyone have a link to a real, credible report of actual riots and property damage from all these demonstrations last weekend?
I posted most of what I saw to the riot thread, but it is weak sauce. The stuff I didn't post there is mostly LA cops beating people up, not sure if that qualifies, a lot of it was private videos I couldn't share. The closest to anything real was definitely in AZ, where a crowd of mostly women and children were banging on the glass doors of the Capitol demanding to be heard while the legislature was in session. They got tear gassed.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Thank you, I suspected as much. I do see Fox showing images of Christian pregnancy clinics that were vandalized, but IMHO that doesn't qualify as a "riot".
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jun 27, 2022 11:27 am ... women and children were banging on the glass doors of the Capitol ...
Broken glass is very dangerous, if they had broken it. They'll probably be charged with attempted mass murder as well as rioting. :whistle:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
raison de arizona

You'll be surprised to learn that what the RNC says AOC said, and what she actually said, are two entirely different things. Also, too, let's return "power to the people" in the form of letting them make their own decision regarding their own bodies. :roll:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:57 am
It ain’t over.

SANCTIONS dead ahead!

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Missouri state rep resigns after federal conviction for COVID-19 fraud scheme

BY ZACH SCHONFELD -
07/04/22 12:37 PM ET

A Missouri state lawmaker resigned on Friday after a jury found her guilty on 22 counts for fraudulently accepting hundreds of thousands of pandemic-era federal stimulus dollars and other offenses.

Missouri state Rep. Tricia Derges (R) was convicted on Tuesday after she applied for nearly $900,000 in CARES Act funds for what she said were COVID-19 testing costs incurred by nonprofit Lift Up, but the organization never provided any testing services, according to a press release from the Department of Justice (DOJ).

Derges was also found guilty on Tuesday in separate schemes in which she fraudulently marketed a stem cell treatment and illegally prescribed drugs to patients.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watc ... ud-scheme/
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Charges: Man lit his camper on fire, defaced own garage to appear targeted due to Trump flag

MINNEAPOLIS – A Brooklyn Center man faces federal charges after he lit his own camper on fire to make it look like a politically-motivated crime, and then allegedly filed several fraudulent insurance claims.
The U.S. Attorney's Office says Denis Vladmirovich Molla, 29, is charged with two counts of wire fraud in connection with the fire that took place on September 23, 2020.

Molla reported to police that someone set fire to his camper "because it had a Trump 2020 flag displayed on it," and spray painted the Antifa symbol, "BLM" and "Biden 2020" on his garage door. The U.S. Attorney's Office says Molla actually lit the fire and defaced the garage himself.

Court documents show that Molla then "submitted multiple insurance claims seeking coverage for the damage to his garage, camper, vehicles, and residence caused by the fire."

Molla submitted insurance claims totaling more than $300,000, receiving only $61,000 in the process. He then accused his insurance company of "defrauding him." Court documents show he also yielded more than $17,000 from two GoFundMe accounts.

Molla made his first court appearance Tuesday.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

raison de arizona

Here's a convenient list of all the R's that are gung-ho on abolishing the Department of Education.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

What more proof do you need the GOP is desperate to keep people stupid.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

I've posted about Nevada republican, lawyer, J6 participant, and losing gubernatorial candidate Joey Gilbert on Mike Lindell and Roger Stone threads, but I think this story belongs here. Joey has refused to concede to Joe Lombardo and has filed a lawsuit in Carson City that will be heard by a judge next Monday. The "proof" that he won is a bunch of math formulas and claims that an "illegal algorithm" was used. :roll: The full 159 page filing is in the first article. I love that Wonkette also weighed in. I'm predicting the suit will get tossed and Joey will claim the judge is corrupt, proving even more election fraud.

Gilbert files election contest lawsuit after GOP governor primary loss https://thenevadaindependent.com/articl ... imary-loss

Nevada GOP Loser Files Hilarious Big Lie LOLsuit https://www.wonkette.com/nevada-gop-los ... ie-lolsuit
raison de arizona

I'm dropping this here because many RWNJ Republicans and RWNJ publications are jumping all over this because I guess they don't consider skin cancer actual cancer? Dunno.
What Biden Has Done @What46HasDone wrote: Joe Biden has literally had cancer. It's on his medical report. he had non-melanoma skin cancer lesions removed before becoming President. He is still monitored for it.

RNC Research doesn't much like the research part of their name
RNC Research @RNCResearch wrote: Did Joe Biden just announce he has cancer?

“That’s why I — and so damn many other people I grew up with — have cancer.”
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Jeez, try to find someone in their 70s who hasn't had a basal or squamous cell cancer removed from their nose.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:07 pm Jeez, try to find someone in their 70s who hasn't had a basal or squamous cell cancer removed from their nose.
Or an elderly man who hasn't had prostate cancer or a prostate cancer square.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:07 pm Jeez, try to find someone in their 70s who hasn't had a basal or squamous cell cancer removed from their nose.
Me. I haven't had a basal or squamous cell cancer removed from my nose.

See how easy that was!

I have had a squamous cell cancer removed from the top of my head though.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

keith wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 1:00 am
Me. I haven't had a basal or squamous cell cancer removed from my nose.

See how easy that was!

I have had a squamous cell cancer removed from the top of my head though.
Me neither, but I have had a ½ dozen or more pre-cancerous spots removed from my face, legs, and arms and one melanoma excised from my upper rt. deltoid. "So I got that going for me."
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Neither I nor my twin have had any identified or removed, BUT we don't turn 70 until October. I guess we have something to look forward to! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 10:12 am Neither I nor my twin have had any identified or removed, BUT we don't turn 70 until October. I guess we have something to look forward to! :biggrin:
I was being a bit overly dramatic, but speaking as a vampire, well, one who shuns the sunlight, using sunscreen, hats, long sleeves my adult life while my friends were coating themselves with baby oil, I've still had precancerous spots removed from my face and arms. Hell, I had four more burnt off last week, so it's a very common thing.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 11:10 am PoliticsVideoChannel@politvidchannel
Jul 21, 2022
BREAKING: A GOP lawmaker has been accused of having a man arrested so he could continue affair with the man's wife

A South Carolina real estate developer accused a Republican congressman of abusing his power to continue an affair with his estranged wife.
That's very Biblical. In the bible King David arranges for Uriah the Hititte to be killed in battle so David can marry Uriah's Beautiful wife, Bathsheba, whom David has impregnated. God is not Pleased.
Hic sunt dracones
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Earthlings Behaving”