Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Report Problems/Questions Here

We listen to your suggestions, honest we do! Well, sometimes.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Report Problems/Questions Here

Post by northland10 »

On GraandNew, there no link to display the post for your foes.

For me, this has not been a problem since apparently, I don't have any foes right now. I had to add one temporarily just to test it (sorry Sam, unless you can't read this because I am in your foe list :bag: ).
101010 :towel:
Azastan
Verified:

Re: Message for ignored posters: %1$s…%2$s

Post by Azastan »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:29 am
Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:24 am This isn't a problem for me, but if perfection is the goal, it's a flaw that could be removed.

I use the default theme (I never bother with any other). Ignored posts have a slightly messed up message (see highlight):
<some Fogdude>, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
%1$sDisplay this post%2$s.
Is it an insertion field in a format or something? I dunno, but this percentty doodahs weren't there when dinosaurs roamed the earth, and they crept in some months ago.
I see that as well.
Same here.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

This isn't a problem for me, but if perfection is the goal…
Ring the bells that still can ring
Forget your perfect offering
There’s a crack, a crack in everything.
That’s how the light gets in.

L. Cohen
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I don't get the complaint. You used the juvenile foe/ignore feature then complain when you can't easily unmask what some foe said?... :confuzzled:

I'm an adult. I don't foe anyone, as you all know. (But I'm sure I'm on a few lists).
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:48 am I don't get the complaint. You used the juvenile foe/ignore feature then complain when you can't easily unmask what some foe said?... :confuzzled:

I'm an adult. I don't foe anyone, as you all know. (But I'm sure I'm on a few lists).
What does being an adult have to do with it?

You can unmask. Weird code shows up on the link to do so whether you do or don’t. This is Report Problems Here so it makes sense to report it here.

What’s the question again?
northland10

Post by northland10 »

neonzx wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 8:48 am I don't get the complaint. You used the juvenile foe/ignore feature then complain when you can't easily unmask what some foe said?... :confuzzled:

Was this in response to my comment? I was only testing how the feature worked in GraandNew and reported the results. The change I made was only temporary to see how it worked in this theme. I was first just checking out of curiosity and then when I noticed it did not have "Display this post" with or without the special characters, I figured I should mention it.

I was testing the issue to provide more detail regarding the issue that Sam reported. I am not complaining but providing more detail should it be helpful.

Right now, it matters not to me as I have no foes listed. However, in the past, I have had one or two folks in foe/ignore for various reasons. There were times I might want to see a comment they had made. "Display this post" allows you to quickly see that comment without having to go to a different screen to remove them from foes, see the one post, and then go back and mark them as foes. I have used the feature rarely, but I have used it a couple times (and I think the ones I did use it on did not move to the new Fogbow).
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I've seen that, and obviously it's a glitch.

But it hasn't broken anything (so far) and I'm sure it's a minor thing or they'd be issuing an emergency update (we've seen that before).

I see it when I delete dupes and so forth.

I'll keep an eye on it, but 1) I'm pretty sure it's nothing to worry about and 2) I would have to use some kind of Windows grep to even find the error and you are taking your life in your hands if you allow me to start coding stuff like that on this forum. I do some code.

Do you know, my 20 year old son is writing all this Python code, he called me from work to get me to email him a file he needed. So this morning I asked him, "Where did you learn Python?" because I know he didn't study at any school he's gone to.

"At work."

"Oh, that's cool. They're paying you $15 an hour to teach yourself Python."

"Well yeah, but then I'm actually doing something with it."

This is why we let him stay up till 4 a.m. during school year ... he really is a damn genius. Nobody pays me $15/hr. to teach myself Python. :mad:
Edit: I should go over there one day and tell the boss, "Hey, I'll sit here and teach myself Python for only $14/hr. and you can fire my son, he needs to go clean his room anyway." :mrgreen:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Twicet this morning my posts have duplicated, and both times when I tried to delete one of them I was told I ‘can’t delete things in this forum’. I assume you’ve zapped them both?

OMG I’m losing my powers!! :crying:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I zapped 'em, and you're a global mod, so :shrug:
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

I come before the Great Dick Tater and assorted benevolent Greenies to ask a boon for my lowly personage. :notworthy1:

I have a friend who may be joining soon, not sure when, he procrastinates almost as badly as I do. But he has enjoyed reading some of the posts here and when I mentioned there are areas that are "members only" he was interested. He won't post much, if at all, but loves to read about stuff.

If/When he finally gets around to joining, can I beg/plead/promise cookies/cupcakes/new decoder rings if y'all just push him through past the three post requirement? If that is still a thing?
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yes, and yes. :biggrin:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Weirdness, twice.

Earlier this evening two posts commingled, with a graphic from one post on top of text from another, but not crashed together. It looked like it should be that way. Resolved when I refreshed the page.

Just now in the republicans behaving like republicans thread I saw that my Santorum and Butina copied tweet had turned into Ted Cruz. Horrified that I might be completely losing my mind -shit, did I post this one by mistake instead? - I looked at it in edit mode. The Santorum tweet I’d copied was what was there, and when I resubmitted, Santorum was back.

What’s going on? Ted stalking Santorum, wants some Butina action? Weirdness.

Neat trick. How’d he do it?

ETA Both incidents involved copied tweets.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

It was a full moon last night. :liar:
Resolved when I refreshed the page.
Aha, a clue! A clue that indicates the problem was the browser, not the website.

But it probably happened to everybody else, they're just being quiet about it.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

The clue was the full moon?
:panic:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:50 am Weirdness, twice.

Earlier this evening two posts commingled, with a graphic from one post on top of text from another, but not crashed together. It looked like it should be that way. Resolved when I refreshed the page.
:snippity:
Probably unrelated but starting yesterday afternoon the forum started opening in a zoomed in mode for me. This was on Windows with Firefox. I had to zoom out to 80% to get it to look "normal". It was the same this morning but in the last five minutes it was back to the view I expect to see. Weird. :confuzzled:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I joined grumpy old goats or whatever it's called but I don't have the color.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You look purple to me. :dance:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Oh man, that post was so wrong I totally deleted it. Lemme try again.

I have to change your default usergroup myself before the username changes color, and I try to look at the membership of the groups at least once a day to see if I got everybody, but if you haven't changed color just say something and I will eventually catch up. I don't know why they don't let you do it yourself. :shrug:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

At the present time, all the Grumpy People are purple (except me, because, grump though I may, my default group is Boss of You, which is dark red), all the Gadflies are orange, and all the Badass Ladies and Ladies in Pink are the right color (Narrator: We need more of both). But I might look again, further on down the road a piece.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I am self-reporting that I was playing with the Fogbow Calendar and I apparently deleted the links to Unread Posts and Active Topics at the top of the page, but I had class this morning, ran a lot of errands today, walked 4 miles (half of it with ol' Wifehorn) and my brainbone is firing on three cylinders right now, and the cylinders are grimy.

I know how to fix, but mañana. :doh:
Edit: Did catch up on Grumpy People and Badass Ladies.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

Either you have fixed it, or they did not get deleted in GraandNew. On a plus note, the Calendar now shows on the top row in GraandNew. Previously, it has never been in the Quick LInks in GraandNew but only sort of hidden (except the icon), underneath the logo in the header. I thought it odd but since I noticed that did not happen with other themes, I figured I could live with it and not cause a stink.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

It's something to do with tablet vs. computer. I tried putting a link to the Fogbow Calendar on top of every page. It gives you some options where to put it, but apparently on my tablet it screwed up the links for Unread and Active. So here's what I did, I put the link at the BOTTOM of every page instead, at bottom right. Hopefully, that restored the top part of the page on my tablet, but if not, so sad too bad because I have a doctor's appt. at 8:40 followed by a drive to Wilmington in the pouring rain to get #2 son, and home again, four hours on the freeway in the rain, looking forward to it and I will be AFK until further notice.

That's a problem, by the way. I'm reporting a problem: I have to drive four hours in the pouring rain. :(

This thread is so on-topic it hurts to look at it. :P
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

My second wavy Ukraine flag done disappeared.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

The active and unread messages links at the top and bottom of my pages has disappeared.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

What board style are you using?

What browser?

What device and OS?
Edit: Uh oh, lemme guess, Hexagon Reborn, because I'm fixing it, but it takes a little bit.
Edit: Try Graand New for a spell, I fixed it up good. Shrunk the logo, got it placed correctly, and gave it the special links. But Hexagon Reborn is a work in progress ...

Return to “Questions and Suggestions”