Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Report Problems/Questions Here

We listen to your suggestions, honest we do! Well, sometimes.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Message after doing a search...
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: smalldickenergy.
:o :eek: I had no idea.
Hic sunt dracones
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

My problem is... why don't we get to have FUN STUFF like this on The Fogbow??? 😿 Why, Foggy, why??? :(

The House ‘Freedom Caucus’ Christmas Party features Cheez Whiz, crackers, Mountain Dew, and Louie Gohmert on guitar for a raucous good time for all.

Direct click to the video fun on this tweet:

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

The plebs, didn't even get any crudités for the occaison 8-)
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Looks like a Klan rally after party...

I'll see myself out :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

northland10 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:58 pm Right now, my biggest issue is tweets, Facebook, and sometimes videos showing an unable to load image. This is not, however, a phpBB issue (i.e. Fogbow) but my old phone. It happens in many others sites.

The tweet loading has been slower lately, on my phone, but I have been blaming that on my phone (I need to replace it).
Turns out, it wasn't because my phone was old, well not completely. Some years back I had set it to restart in the middle of the night. At some point that ceased but I had not noticed. I restarted right then and also set the scheduled nightly restart. The memory usage has been much better and my issues with Tweets, Facebook, and videos here and on other sites have gone away. As expected, overall performance is much better.

This, of course, means I will drag my feet even longer before replacing it.

p.s. This is a reminder. Electronic items love to be restarted (or even shut down for a bit).
101010 :towel:
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Foggy,

Every time I close my browser, Fogbow is logging me out. I've checked the "Remember me" box, but I'm still having to log back in each time I return. Any idea what's up?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Something in your browser settings, but I don't know what.

Maybe try a different browser?
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Changed the cookies settings? Using anonymous browsing mode?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 6:44 am Something in your browser settings, but I don't know what.

Maybe try a different browser?
I had the same issue in the last week. It may be better now, but I had problems getting on again this morning.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I checked the suggestions made but that didn't seem to solve anything. However, by the next time I returned to the site, the problem had resolved itself. So I'm ok again.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Had that problem too also... now I have a bookmark of this https link and that works, it's the Active Topics link: search.php?search_id=active_topics

(broke link, remove space:) https:// thefogbow.com/forum/search.php?search_id=active_topics

Try making sure you use the https link and see if that helps, that's helped others. Although it may very well be HACKING by Orly Taitz, Sharon Rondeau and the tech geniuses at the P&E. :smoking:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

sometime back i queried whether you had updated the prosilverKabin or (what ever it is I use - the yellow one) to show unread posts on the top of the page on mobiles.

well I just figured it out that it is there but I can't normally see it cause I am almost always in portrait orientation and there just isn't enough room so it gets hidden. when I go to landscape its there.

So now I'm wondering, is there a way to just show icons when the text doesn't fit?

But there are two queries with the same icon, New and Unread.

Also, too, I also notice that unread is in the quicklinks dropdown list twice.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Huh. I will look at it when I get back from ... no, I better say "some time today". I have fizzikal therapy at 8:00, and it can be brutal, depending on what they do. I'll be back by 9:30, but it might take a couple hours to recover before I try to delve into the code. You don't want me, umm ... foggy when I try to figure it out. :biggrin:

I will say that what you're describing is "responsive" code - it changes what you see depending on the size of the screen you are looking at.

How does your browser know how big your screen is without climbing out of your phone and measuring?

Magic. :shrug:
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
keith

Post by keith »

It just does. How does it know to hide menu items when there isn't enough room?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Cascading Style Sheets :thumbsup:

Or the future.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

My ability to go directly to the last unread post has disappeared on about half the threads. Sometimes it works and sometimes it takes me to the top post on the last page. Sort of glitchy but no big deal. I just scroll (and scroll and scroll) down until I get to the right post. It's usually worth the extra trouble.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:30 am My ability to go directly to the last unread post has disappeared on about half the threads. Sometimes it works and sometimes it takes me to the top post on the last page. Sort of glitchy but no big deal. I just scroll (and scroll and scroll) down until I get to the right post. It's usually worth the extra trouble.
This can happen when you click on a notification, then the thread will be marked read up to the end of that page.

If you are working on a list of posts like Active Topics and end up on top of page, click browser Back, then in the last column "Last Post" click on the tiny link icon to jump to the last post and move up from there, usually faster than scrolling down.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:44 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:30 am My ability to go directly to the last unread post has disappeared on about half the threads.
This can happen when you click on a notification, then the thread will be marked read up to the end of that page.
Another thing that can cause that to happen is, it's taking a long time to load the page, usually because of graphics, tweets, and stuff like that, which we all use and like, but ... depending on about eleventy different variables, when the page loads, it loads the top first, and then the structure of the page, and eventually the graphics and stuff.

And then it goes to the First Unread post.

But I'm as impatient as anyone when it comes to waiting for a web page to load. I start scrolling down, too also.

So I can't really claim that if'n you're just patient enough, it's going to go down to the First Unread post, because I don't wait to find out. :blackeye:

Or the future.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

All us pensioneers having all that free time and cannot await a relaxing page load :biggrin:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Just a minor thong but I've noticed there are 2 "Today in History" threads. A Small one here https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... tory#p5973 and the much bigger one here. https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... tory#p4591

They probably could do with being merged
Hic sunt dracones
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 10:55 am
RTH10260 wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:44 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 7:30 am My ability to go directly to the last unread post has disappeared on about half the threads.
Another thing that can cause that to happen is, it's taking a long time to load the page, usually because of graphics, tweets, and stuff like that, which we all use and like, but ... depending on about eleventy different variables, when the page loads, it loads the top first, and then the structure of the page, and eventually the graphics and stuff.

And then it goes to the First Unread post.

But I'm as impatient as anyone when it comes to waiting for a web page to load. I start scrolling down, too also.

So I can't really claim that if'n you're just patient enough, it's going to go down to the First Unread post, because I don't wait to find out. :blackeye:
My day job has some seriously annoying performance issues on our new financial system, so even at the worst of times, Fogbow seems very fast. That makes me sad, at least while working my day job.

Many performance issues on my phone previously were resolved by restarting my nightly restart on my phone (still need to replace the 3+-year-old thing, but I am great at dragging my feet).

It takes longer, but I always go to the unread thread and not click on the actual notification. I have to look through all the topics to find the one that triggered the notification, but in this way, I don't miss the posts before the reply to my post.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Suranis wrote: Mon Jan 09, 2023 9:54 pm Just a minor thong but I've noticed there are 2 "Today in History" threads. A Small one here https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... tory#p5973 and the much bigger one here. https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... tory#p4591

They probably could do with being merged
I concur. The Newbow produced twins ;)
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

If 'n ya has time, I'd love to have the Unread posts thingy back at the top of my pages. I think I'm on the Horizon theme, or sumthin' like that - I knows it starts with an "H". Could you be nice to sweet old lady Valkyrie an' fix it up, purty-like?
keith

Post by keith »

OK, more grist for the mill. I don't think its worth much of your time trying to 'fix' this, cause I doubt there is a fix.

Remember when I said above that in portrait mode, the 'unread' menu item is hidden?
and
Remember when I said that the quicklinks list had the 'unread' item twice?

Well the hidden items are being hidden by moving them to the quicklinks list - mystery solved.

How to replicate on desktop machine:
1) fire up fogbow on a browser, large but not full screen
2) display the quicklinks menu
3) catch the right browser window menu and drag it to the left to make the window narrow immitating portrait mode
4) observe the changes to the quicklinks menu

Return to “Questions and Suggestions”