Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Report Problems/Questions Here

We listen to your suggestions, honest we do! Well, sometimes.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Azastan wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 7:32 pm
northland10 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:58 pm
I can copy the text but not the handle so there would be going back and forth to try and thumb-type that in.
Even copying the text would help.

Think of it this way--if it's a pain for you, just think about how irritating it is for some of us who have to wait a minute or two (or more) for the tweet to fully load, and to have SEVERAL tweets all in a row for which no one has bothered to put in a copy and paste for reference.

Copy and paste would also help preserve a tweet if the person who posted it deleted the tweet later...
Well, I almost never copy Tweets so the whole thing is moot for me.
101010 :towel:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I'm now getting a security warning when I try to go to the Old Fogbow.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:04 pm I'm now getting a security warning when I try to go to the Old Fogbow.
Not dangerous, the SSL certificate did not renew at midnight. Likely a Let's Encrypt issued one.

To quote Obama: Please continue, governor ;)
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

It's Sunday; it's a gorgeous day in Rawly, and ol' Wifehorn and I are about to head out on a walk along the riverside for a couple miles or so. Anyway, if this is still happening in the morning, I'll get online with tech support and find out why they haven't auto-updated my SSL certs again. I have another issue I need to work on anyway.
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:04 pm I'm now getting a security warning when I try to go to the Old Fogbow.
I think my hosting company caught up with that finally, MN-Skeptic. Try now and see what happens.
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

:thumbsup:

Thanks!
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

I don't know if it's happening to anyone else, but this site keeps randomly shutting down and returning me to my home page.

This is occurring on my tablet. I don't know if it's happening on my phone or my PC (can't use the PC because of the issues with my sciatic nerve). I've restarted my tablet to see if that clears up the issue.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Azastan wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:16 am I don't know if it's happening to anyone else, but this site keeps randomly shutting down and returning me to my home page.

This is occurring on my tablet. I don't know if it's happening on my phone or my PC (can't use the PC because of the issues with my sciatic nerve). I've restarted my tablet to see if that clears up the issue.
Shutting down an app is in my experience an indication of the system running out of available memory storage and kicking out the current app.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Hmmm....I had only Fogbow running at the time. I don't have a lot of apps running at any given time.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:shrug:
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I was trying to write something in the Pro Football sports topic and notice that if I write the letters A_F_C (without the "_") it gets changed to "(Added to the Fogbow Calendar)". I suspect this is Foggy's doing. :twisted:
AFC

Code: Select all

AFC
Even in the quote or the code tool it gets changed.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, that was me, it's a shortcut I can live without.

Or the future.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Foggy wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 7:08 pm Yeah, that was me, it's a shortcut I can live without.
AFC.

Aha, it’s fixed.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

This is the second time for this one:

Wrote a post, went to post it, I was logged out and couldn’t get back in. I was away from home. I tried to log in many times but no luck until I got home.

Is it an IP thing?
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

Not a real problem, because there is a workaround... but in the "Quick Links" at the top of the forum page, there is a "Your Posts" hyperlink, but it takes you to a search result that only shows the topics list, not the posts.

Workaround: if you go to the user profile page, you can use the "Search user's posts" hyperlink and get the individual posts.

I am on another phpBB forum and on that forum they both work the same, so I assume it is some kind of configuration setting, although I don't know why anyone would want the topics list.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Mrich wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:38 pm Not a real problem, because there is a workaround... but in the "Quick Links" at the top of the forum page, there is a "Your Posts" hyperlink, but it takes you to a search result that only shows the topics list, not the posts.

Workaround: if you go to the user profile page, you can use the "Search user's posts" hyperlink and get the individual posts.

I am on another phpBB forum and on that forum they both work the same, so I assume it is some kind of configuration setting, although I don't know why anyone would want the topics list.
Look at the URL.
https://thefogbow.com/forum/search.php?search_id=egosearch

:lol:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Is there a reason why Mike Lindell's thread is combined with the Horses! thread, other than he's a horse's behind?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Azastan wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:09 pm Is there a reason why Mike Lindell's thread is combined with the Horses! thread, other than he's a horse's behind?
that one post was misplaced and the FogMaster moved it, but it keeps the wrong title...

wrong among beloved pets, feels more at home among the beloved pests ;)
Foggy
Dick Tater

PEOPLE, YOU CAN CHANGE THE TITLE OF YOUR POST, DID YOU KNOW THAT?

Post by Foggy »

Look at the title of this post. See how I changed it?

So if you're posting about Mike Lindell, or alternate voting methods, or horses, and your post comes up with the wrong title, you can immediately edit your post and fix the title. Because otherwise anyone who quotes you or replies to you will get the same title on their post, because that's what the software does.

And I repeat, I am not going to edit your posts to fix the titles. I can do that, and I won't.

Further affiant sayeth naught. :kiss:

Or the future.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

A witless report to the court of bonedogs: you can also go back to your previous posts and edit the tile title ;)
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

ereH snoitseuQ / smelborP tropeR

Post by bill_g »

!lewK
Sam the Centipede

PEOPLE, YOU CAN CHANGE THE TITLE OF YOUR POST, DID YOU KNOW THAT?

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Foggy wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:16 am And I repeat, I am not going to edit your posts to fix the titles. I can do that, and I won't.
Shorter Fogspeak: "I am Grandpa Foglord; I am not Mother Hen. Heed me and tremble."
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

PEOPLE, YOUR $8 MONTHLY GIVES YOU NOTHING

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Fri Nov 25, 2022 8:16 am And I repeat, I am not going to edit your posts to fix the titles. I can do that, and I won't.

Further affiant sayeth naught. :kiss:
Lazy ole' rooster.
pipistrelle

But can you

Post by pipistrelle »

reset my Old/Formerly Fogbow password?
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

I don't really want to complain, maybe it's a problem with my web browser, but nearly every time I click on a video, I get some random white guy man-splaining things at me. Sometimes they're hyper-ventilating into a microphone, sometimes they're just staring right at me. They're all sitting in their bedrooms which is kinda creepy. They all speak VERY AUTHORITATIVELY. They expect me to listen for like 7 or 10 minutes, like their words are a gift from god or something, when I got way better things to do. If they have a point, can't they just write it down, reasonably concisely, like a normal person? Or maybe it's a Firefox thing?

Hope you all are having a nice weekend.

Return to “Questions and Suggestions”