Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Report Problems/Questions Here

We listen to your suggestions, honest we do! Well, sometimes.
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

Several topic titles appear to be messed up. trump (the former guy), Greene, Lindell, to name a few.
Il factotum
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Hijack This Thread

Post by Foggy »

What do you mean, messed up? :?
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Those three look OK to me, FWIW.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (60.81 KiB) Viewed 23937 times
Il factotum
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Sumpin' wrong with your browser, looks like.
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

Foggy wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:00 pm Sumpin' wrong with your browser, looks like.
Does it with Edge and Chrome both, too.
Il factotum
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Oh man, I never saw anything like that. Anybody else seeing this?

Or the future.
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

Doesn't do it with Firefox. Edge and Chrome are cut from same cloth.
Il factotum
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Not exactly, but on devices I sometimes get a forum page containing photos throwing an epileptic fit. It seems to be a sizing thing, as is the problem in the shot above. Why I think so: the fit happens in portrait mode, but when I turn to landscape mode, the juddering goes away, as if the images now have enough width.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

It only does it when I select active topics or unread posts. When I approach from the Board Index it appears fine.
Il factotum
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Foggy wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:05 pm Oh man, I never saw anything like that. Anybody else seeing this?
Yes.
ScreenHunter_354 Mar. 05 14.17.jpg
ScreenHunter_354 Mar. 05 14.17.jpg (32.75 KiB) Viewed 24010 times
ScreenHunter_355 Mar. 05 14.18.jpg
ScreenHunter_355 Mar. 05 14.18.jpg (19.24 KiB) Viewed 24010 times
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

To Whom It May Concern:

This shows up on all topics posted in: The Aftermath - Prosecutions, Civil Suits, and the Republican Party collapse

It there an illegal character sitting in that group header somewhere?

Volkonski wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:19 pm
Foggy wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 1:05 pm Oh man, I never saw anything like that. Anybody else seeing this?
Yes.

ScreenHunter_354 Mar. 05 14.17.jpg

ScreenHunter_355 Mar. 05 14.18.jpg
Il factotum
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I resynced the Aftermath forum, and tried a few other things. If that doesn't fix it, then I will try to do my weekly maintenance chores mañana instead of Sunday morning. Those include repairs to any messed up tables in the database.

I installed WordPress on https://thefogbow.com and did a bare minimum home page (but I'm still mainly working on ol' Wifehorn's brainstorm idea for forming a group of agents willing to do mass marketing Zoom meetings for Tee Vee stations, like we used to do in person before the Trump Plague hit us).

I'll work on Fogbow as I find the time.

Or the future.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Reporting Problems / Questions Here

Post by Luke »

Daddy, where do we report stuff? Nothing important, just to mention whenever you find a moment.

For the past few days on Chrome, some of the topics are crunched like this...
topics.JPG
topics.JPG (121.63 KiB) Viewed 23844 times
ETA: Just saw it in the Hijack topic but hadn't thought to look there.

On messages, photos are still limited to three (previously five) -- there's just so much in-demand content about the titular Mama June it's impossible to cover in three photos and satisfy Fogbowzers insatiable demand.

Just now in a private message, it wouldn't allow a JPG attachment, it only wanted "custom" files and threw an error on a JPG.

custom.JPG
custom.JPG (10 KiB) Viewed 23844 times
error2.JPG
error2.JPG (13.61 KiB) Viewed 23844 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater

Re: Reporting Problems / Questions Here

Post by Foggy »

Now you can have 5 attachments per post, and per private message. Not sure what gives with the JPG, maybe it has to be lower case jpg?

Or the future.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Re the Fogbow forum display issue -

For me, no problem with FireFox, Chrome, or Edge on my Windows 8.1 machine.

On my Windows 10 laptop, FireFox and Chrome are ok. Edge displays the issue Zeke is seeing.

The problem is that the browser can't handle the word wrap of the long description under the thread title. To make it more obvious, grab the right edge of the window and make the window narrower. As it narrows, you'll see more threads displaying the word wrap problem. Of course, if you shrink the window's width enough, the right three columns disappear and you are left with only the topic column which now displays correctly!
zekeb

Post by zekeb »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:35 pm Re the Fogbow forum display issue -

On my Windows 10 laptop, FireFox and Chrome are ok. Edge displays the issue Zeke is seeing.

The problem is that the browser can't handle the word wrap of the long description under the thread title. To make it more obvious, grab the right edge of the window and make the window narrower. As it narrows, you'll see more threads displaying the word wrap problem. Of course, if you shrink the window's width enough, the right three columns disappear and you are left with only the topic column which now displays correctly!
Yes. I see that, MN-Skeptic. The problem disappears when I narrow it way down, but I lose the name and time of the last poster listed off on the right. I can make it do it with this topic as well.
Il factotum
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Reporting Problems / Questions Here

Post by Luke »

Thanks Foggy! Not sure about the lower case, it hadn't done that previously but don't send many private messages. Tried a few times with a few different images, but maybe just a temporary glitch. Appreciate it, there was no hurry and really grateful for all you are doing. It's a shame Fogbowzers couldn't come up with any new topics isn't it? :P
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:35 pm Re the Fogbow forum display issue -

As always, MN-Skeptic is the voice of reason and intelligence. Thanks for figuring that out.
 ! Message from: Foggy
So what I really need to do is change the name of the forum, which shall henceforth be known only as the "Aftermath of The Former Guy" forum.

But I got up at 5:30, so I'll do my weekly maintenance chores anyway, starting at 6:00 on the dot.

'Course, Orlylicious still gets away with megatitles on threads, like such as "DL2XIT Supporters Lost Their Minds - Insurrection! #StopTheSteal Ali Alexander Brandon Straka". :roll: Whew! Try saying that one three times fast! But the poor ol' rooster can't get away with it, not on forum titles at least. Oh well, I should be used to it by now.

If there's still a problem after that, try using the alternative board style I have installed, Prosilver Special Edition, at User Control Panel --> Board Preferences. But not, of course, until after 6:30 or so. I'm working on it until then. I shall install more board styles later today, including a dark one.

Or the future.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
Moved some posts from Hijack This Thread to here, where they belong.

Or the future.
Luke

Re: Report Problems/Questions Here

Post by Luke »

On Windows 7 Chrome, not getting the display error anymore. 👍 Thanks!

The imgwidth tag isn't working... it just puts imgwidth next to the image link. Just checked it again and it's still not happy.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

There is no imgwidth tag ... yet. I put it on the list. I have to write that one myself.

Or the future.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Thanks for the new board styles, Foggy! Carbon's very easy on my eye bones.
Image Image Image Image
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

🎶We loves you, F-o-o-ggy,
Oh, yes, we do!
We don't love anyone
As much as you!
When the Fogbow's melted down
We're blue.
Oh, F-O-O-GGY we loves you!💖💕😻
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Who do we have to bribe to get them to update X-Creamy for the latest version?💵💷💶💴💰

Return to “Questions and Suggestions”