Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Report Problems/Questions Here

We listen to your suggestions, honest we do! Well, sometimes.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Report Problems/Questions Here

Post by Slim Cognito »

My antivirus just ding-ding-dinged me that this website was unsafe. I told them I'd take my chances but wanted to let ya'll know. Is there a setting I need to adjust? (I am on the locked/secure version.)

This was probably my fourth visit this morning so I don't know what suddenly popped into my desktop.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Maybe some link, or something from a Tweet triggered it.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Lemme know if it happens again, por favor.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Foggy wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 9:41 am Lemme know if it happens again, por favor.
It happened again yesterday. I can get around it by ignoring my anti-virus warning. Once I ignore the original warning, it leaves me alone for a while. It only happens on my desktop which is a win7 upgraded to 10. It has other problems, as well.

The Chromebook seems fine.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Domenico

Post by Domenico »

Hi. I posted in the "Georgia guidestones" thread. Editing a post seems to result in a new post. Is there something wrong with the forum or is it just me and too many edibles? I have posted and edited posts before without any problems. Thanks.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Domenico wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:26 am Hi. I posted in the "Georgia guidestones" thread. Editing a post seems to result in a new post. Is there something wrong with the forum or is it just me and too many edibles? I have posted and edited posts before without any problems. Thanks.
It wasn't your edibles. You may edit your own post up until the time someone quote-replies to your post after which the edit option is gone. That's what happened in your case.
Domenico

Post by Domenico »

neonzx wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 5:17 am
Domenico wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:26 am Hi. I posted in the "Georgia guidestones" thread. Editing a post seems to result in a new post. Is there something wrong with the forum or is it just me and too many edibles? I have posted and edited posts before without any problems. Thanks.
It wasn't your edibles. You may edit your own post up until the time someone quote-replies to your post after which the edit option is gone. That's what happened in your case.
Thanks! I realise what happened now. I replied to my original post instead of editing it. I then did it again when I tried to edit the second post to say "deleted duplicate post". I have only just now realised when I replied to your post that I had previously hit the 'quote' icon instead of the 'edit' icon... both times...

Pretty sure it's the edibles... :bag:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Fear not ... okay, well today you can fear, I probably won't get to them until much later, I'm on the road again in a few.

But I find and delete duplicates, and I occasionally fix speling and grammer issues, and I am unable/unwilling to consume edibles because they have no effect on me (not even in mass quantities).

So if you create a dupe, just leave it and I'll fix it eventually. :boxing:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Objection, Your Honor! You are thinking of the Delete button, the X. Editing allowed anytimes except in locked down threads.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:03 am
Objection, Your Honor! You are thinking of the Delete button, the X. Editing allowed anytimes except in locked down threads.
Well, I seem to recall it behaved that way (locking edit after replied-to). But I can't keep track with Foghorn flipping switches and knobs on this thing. :biggrin:
Domenico

Post by Domenico »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 6:56 am Fear not ... okay, well today you can fear, I probably won't get to them until much later, I'm on the road again in a few.

But I find and delete duplicates, and I occasionally fix speling and grammer issues, and I am unable/unwilling to consume edibles because they have no effect on me (not even in mass quantities).

So if you create a dupe, just leave it and I'll fix it eventually. :boxing:
Thanks Foggy, I'll keep it in mind for next time.

ps. I'm switching from smoking to edibles and I'm finding them (way) more potent. Can't imagine why they have no effect on you.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

neonzx wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 7:06 am I can't keep track with Foghorn flipping switches and knobs on this thing. :biggrin:
Speaking of which ... :boxing:

Yes, it's that time again. The software that runs this fine website has been updated yet again, this time from version 3.3.7 to ... lemme see here ... yep, version 3.3.8.

Which means, in time-honored tradition on behalf of neonzx and his elk, that:

1) You will lose your board style once again :point: and you will be felony sentenced to use Prosilver :evil: until such time as you go into the User Control Panel - at great expense and in great danger to your personal user self, mind you - and switch back to the board style of your choice. If your stupid board style even still works, that is. (Narrator: It won't work).

2) Even if you go through the arduous and debilitating process of selecting your board style again, it won't be right. It won't have the links for Active Topics or Unread Posts on the top and bottom of every page, and the logos will be all screwed up, and your life will become a living nightmare for weeks.

3) Good luck. :wave:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:biggrin: I demand for trebble(?) / tripple damages, to be paid asap by following the contribution link that itself may have absconded :cantlook:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
Hokay!

Right off the football bat, following the software update on this glorious July morn, I spot a problem:

NO LINKS AT THE TOP AND BOTTOM OF EVERY PAGE TO UNREAD POSTS AND ACTIVE TOPICS.

There, see how good an admin I am? I spotted the problem and reported it FOR YOU. So you won't have to mention that one here. I'll work on that today.

That's custom work I do for you, the boogle.

Also logos and stuff, I haven't even looked at how bad I messed up all the board styles.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:torches: the links are reversed as compared to the former self :crying:

a new learning expierience every day :P
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I use hexagon reborn (black & purple) and everything seems to look and act like it's supposed to, including the active topics and unread topics links. Thank-ee oh mighty bird!
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:11 am :torches: the links are reversed as compared to the former self :crying:

Oh.

You noticed. :oopsy:

Well, that's based on the increasing popularity of Unread Posts. Let's see if anybody else has a problem with it, I can always re-reverse.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

as I said, a new learning expierience, after automatic clicking on the wrong link, as the trained robot was told to do ;)
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Foggy wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 11:22 am
RTH10260 wrote: Tue Jul 12, 2022 10:11 am :torches: the links are reversed as compared to the former self :crying:

Oh.

You noticed. :oopsy:

Well, that's based on the increasing popularity of Unread Posts. Let's see if anybody else has a problem with it, I can always re-reverse.
That's where it was originally, so it's just a reversion to muscle memory for it to be there now. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Wait, where's neonzx to complain? Is he too devastated to say anything? :think: :confuzzled:

:lol:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I awoke this morning - no, that’s not my problem - to find the entire board marked as ‘read’. That’s a lie!!!

How did that happen?
Can I undo it?
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 9:51 am I awoke this morning - no, that’s not my problem - to find the entire board marked as ‘read’. That’s a lie!!!

How did that happen?
Can I undo it?
I've done that. Usually from sleeping near my phone.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I've been there. You can't undo it, but you have to scroll up if you use Unread Posts or Active Topics. Anything you missed will eventually end up back there anyway.
Sam the Centipede

Message for ignored posters: %1$s…%2$s

Post by Sam the Centipede »

This isn't a problem for me, but if perfection is the goal, it's a flaw that could be removed.

I use the default theme (I never bother with any other). Ignored posts have a slightly messed up message (see highlight):
<some Fogdude>, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
%1$sDisplay this post%2$s.
Is it an insertion field in a format or something? I dunno, but this percentty doodahs weren't there when dinosaurs roamed the earth, and they crept in some months ago.
pipistrelle

Re: Message for ignored posters: %1$s…%2$s

Post by pipistrelle »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 7:24 am This isn't a problem for me, but if perfection is the goal, it's a flaw that could be removed.

I use the default theme (I never bother with any other). Ignored posts have a slightly messed up message (see highlight):
<some Fogdude>, who is currently on your ignore list, made this post.
%1$sDisplay this post%2$s.
Is it an insertion field in a format or something? I dunno, but this percentty doodahs weren't there when dinosaurs roamed the earth, and they crept in some months ago.
I see that as well.

Return to “Questions and Suggestions”