Report Problems/Questions Here

We listen to your suggestions, honest we do! Well, sometimes.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

keith wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 6:41 am I thought there was a "what ever happened to..." rhread
There is but it is not really about missing Boogle. I could not find any other one.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Look, do NOT hesitate to start a new thread. If it's a dupe, I can easily merge them.

Second, LM K told me that nobody leaves Fogbow, they just take a break. However, I suspect some people have passed away, like Esseff44 and Joe Ruby, who I know were both significantly older than me. I can only do so much of my own research, in other words if you disappear I have an email address and maybe your name and what state or country you live in, and nothing else. That's not enough to do anything but the goog.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

For the record, LMK was active on facebook very recently, and Filly is quite active on Xitter.
Image Image Image Image
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Was the file attachment size limit lowered after the last software upgrade? I used to able to attach screenshots without an issue in either .png or .jpg format. But now most full screen shots are over the 512 kb limit. I know there are ways to crop or downscale images but it is another step you have to take.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Reality Check wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:51 am Was the file attachment size limit lowered after the last software upgrade? I used to able to attach screenshots without an issue in either .png or .jpg format. But now most full screen shots are over the 512 kb limit. I know there are ways to crop or downscale images but it is another step you have to take.
I seem to recall it has been 512kb- 1/2 mb in forever. I had to resize and resave many times over the years.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Same. Half a meg is what I recall too. Goes to storage space and bandwidth.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

neonzx wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 9:08 am
I seem to recall it has been 512kb- 1/2 mb in forever. I had to resize and resave many times over the years.
I am sure you are correct. I do not specifically remember it being higher. I found using the snip tool in FIrefox usually reduces the file size quite a bit. For example this one is 248kb:
Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 09-19-36 Report Problems_Questions Here - Page 45 - Fogbow.png
Screenshot 2023-12-04 at 09-19-36 Report Problems_Questions Here - Page 45 - Fogbow.png (247.28 KiB) Viewed 14826 times
northland10

Post by northland10 »

For some reason, I'm remembering, maybe, that the limit was lower at one point, maybe years ago. The only real reason I have had a Scribd account was for the non-Pacer docs that I could not get down in size. This is especially hard with large zidbits or the court scanning a physical doc that has more than just text. It is quite a pain to get them down.

I have no prob with pushing the bird pictures down in size since my camera makes them large. That is usually pretty simple even with the simple picture app Windows has; and it usually does not hurt resolution. I try to be good to the server and bandwidth Gods (and screen size) by bringing them down under 124kb. I have a special photo folder called, Reduced for TFB. This is also why some of my pictures have extra numbers or something in the file name, to tell them apart from the larger originals.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

! Message from: Foggy
Keep in mind that all your attachments have to become files in the system and also they impact the database.

Yes, the setting has been 512 KB for a very long time, I can't have forty gigabyte attachments. Right now there are already 12,365 attachments on this new version of Fogbow. There were only 20,574 total on Formerly, so they're adding up at a good clip. We'll have to start a third version of Fogbow in a couple years, so we don't have another catastrophe.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

I have no problem with the 512k limit for attachments. It is a pragmatic decision. For posting photos and files there are other hosting sites available to use then only a link is required to be used.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

The last few days, I've had trouble staying signed in. When I switch forums, or try to post or go to Unread Posts, I get booted and have to re-sign in (sometimes several times in a row). Is it me? [Firefox, VPN, Mac lappy]
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Rolodex wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:13 pm The last few days, I've had trouble staying signed in. When I switch forums, or try to post or go to Unread Posts, I get booted and have to re-sign in (sometimes several times in a row). Is it me? [Firefox, VPN, Mac lappy]
IIRC, clicking the the "Remember Me" check box when signing in initially fixes this.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

John Thomas8 wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:29 pm
Rolodex wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:13 pm The last few days, I've had trouble staying signed in. When I switch forums, or try to post or go to Unread Posts, I get booted and have to re-sign in (sometimes several times in a row). Is it me? [Firefox, VPN, Mac lappy]
IIRC, clicking the the "Remember Me" check box when signing in initially fixes this.
It is supposed to do it that way... but hasn't worked out for a all members for some time.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

neonzx wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:37 pm
It is supposed to do it that way... but hasn't worked out for a all members for some time.
Works every day for me, YMMV.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

neonzx wrote: Fri Dec 15, 2023 1:37 pm
It's inconsistent. But I'll keep trying. If this is the worst thing in my life, I'm doing pretty well!
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
northland10

Post by northland10 »

This is an FYI as I doubt Foggy could do anyting to fix it, even if it is happening to more folks than must me.

I have noticed the Twitter shares are now showing as not available even though I am logged into Twitter/X (and I have cleared my cache and re-logged into Twitter and TFB, and tried other browsers). You can still click on the tweet to go and see it in Twitter.

I also noticed today that when I hit share in Twitter, the address was x.com and not twitter.com which caused it not to work in The Fogbow, just shows a link.

Since the actual Twitter site is still showing a URL of Twitter.com (or again showing I thought it changed at one point but maybe I forgot), I suspect they are shifting stuff around and have fubar'd the whole linking thing. Only the best for Elon.

Again, just an FYI in case others have the same issue. I seriously doubt Foggy could do anything to fix it.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Same for me with the twitter thing.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

scirreeve wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:44 pm Same for me with the twitter thing.
It's been doing that the last couple of days. Genius out to destroy what's left of Twitter.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

northland10 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:04 pm This is an FYI as I doubt Foggy could do anyting to fix it, even if it is happening to more folks than must me.

I have noticed the Twitter shares are now showing as not available even though I am logged into Twitter/X (and I have cleared my cache and re-logged into Twitter and TFB, and tried other browsers). You can still click on the tweet to go and see it in Twitter.

I also noticed today that when I hit share in Twitter, the address was x.com and not twitter.com which caused it not to work in The Fogbow, just shows a link.

Since the actual Twitter site is still showing a URL of Twitter.com (or again showing I thought it changed at one point but maybe I forgot), I suspect they are shifting stuff around and have fubar'd the whole linking thing. Only the best for Elon.

Again, just an FYI in case others have the same issue. I seriously doubt Foggy could do anything to fix it.
Foggy has to wait until the author of the extension that processes the inclusion of tweets is updated. But maybe it's Elon Musk playing his nefarious games of requesting mucho $$$ for using the relevant API.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Has anyone heard from Gregg?
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

sad-cafe wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:22 pm Has anyone heard from Gregg?
Sadly, he nor anyone else has provided an update.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I was also wondering.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10

Post by northland10 »

It appears Twitter is working again here. Gregg, however, has not checked in yet.
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

I've been having the Twitter problem lately too. I'm using Firefox and the error pointed to this page:
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/xf ... =inproduct
If you see this error, it is probably because a website is trying to display another website without the consent of its owner. This is usually the result of a security misconfiguration.
I'm having the same problem on Chrome, so I think it's something that's changed with Twitter.
much ado

Post by much ado »

sad-cafe wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 8:22 pm Has anyone heard from Gregg?
His last post was Tue Nov 21, 2023 11:44 pm.

He was last active Wed Nov 22, 2023 12:05 am, meaning that was the last time he logged in.

That does not look good at all. :crying:

His profile: memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=197

Return to “Questions and Suggestions”