Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Report Problems/Questions Here

We listen to your suggestions, honest we do! Well, sometimes.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Re: Report Problems/Questions Here

Post by Foggy »

Well, it's weird. I don't seem to have access to the copy or paste buttons, and there doesn't seem to be any way to add undo or redo. And I logged into the support site and they don't have any of those buttons, so this is part of the extension that is written by a private individual who is unpaid. For this, anyway, I'm sure he gets paid for something, he's a wizard.

Anyway, on the bright side, I learned something new, we have copy and paste buttons.

Glad I could help! :lol:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:crying: :crying: :crying: I WANT MY ICONS :crying: :crying: :crying:

and it was on the internet so it must be true :!:

;) I actually did see a pic of my wishes when looking thru some threads at phpbb. Could not locate it again but it may have been about the inclusion of the CEDITOR or the CKEDITOR editors, they have functionality going further than the standard editor.

Would be on my holidays wishlist, cause I just happened to disappear a complete prepared and edited post just before submitting, cause the touchscreen detected my touching the virtual keyboard with the side of my hand. happened several times lately :(
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 1:23 pm There are copy and paste buttons? :shock:

WHO KNEW?
I never noticed them before. I always did the press and hold thing on my Android to do that.

I also never noticed or took a look at what the "float text" does, until now.
101010 :towel:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Any idea why the board has been timing out the last 3 days?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 5:06 am Any idea why the board has been timing out the last 3 days?
yeah, same Q. I thought it might be on my end, but everything else still worked.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I rebooted the server. Let me know if there are still any issues.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Foggy wrote: Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:02 am I rebooted the server. Let me know if there are still any issues.
Doing it again this morning.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Had a couple of dropouts over the last few hours, TFB "not reachable".
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 11:14 am Had a couple of dropouts over the last few hours, TFB "not reachable".
:yeahthat:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I think it's fixed. :thumbsup:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Foggy wrote: Sun Dec 05, 2021 11:11 am I think it's fixed. :thumbsup:
The last time it happened for me was about an hour ago.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, and it happened to me (finally) so I was able to get a tech to track it down.

We think. :daydreaming:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Hi Master! Would you please check the status of the Twitter embed extension. On my end in the Chrome broswer in Windows it cannot load the tweets, says it is not available / deleted. But when I follow the link to Twitter I get to see it. On the Android tablet shows just fine. Note: it may be that Twitter changed some things on their side cause when I try to look at a tweet it often also says notfound until I reset my AdBlock options for the site.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

FWIW I am Chrome/Windows too and can see the embedded tweets just fine.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:confuzzled: hmm - AdBlock too effective?
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I also use AdBlock on the tweeter.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, well, lo and behold.

'Course, I can't fix that thing, I have no idea how it even works. But I can check for a new version of the extension, and install it if'n there is one.

So I checked.

There's a new version.

I'll install it later on today. :biggrin:
June bug

Post by June bug »

:eek:

( :lol: )
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Done, but not promising any particular improvements.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Thanks for the effort, but sadly no improvement on my end.

And direct Twitter links continue to behave flaky, show sometimes but mostly need repeated reload or toggling of the AdBlock option.
Challenging my brain cells.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I had a major problem with seeing tweets on Oldbow. It was intermittent. I could go weeks seeing them, then weeks not seeing them. I just got used to it. I'm on Firefox. On the Fogbow reincarnation, I have only once, recently, had a problem seeing them, and that lasted only a few hours.

I can never see anything that anyone posts from Facebook, but I'm pretty sure that's because I keep my account on a really tight leash. I just scroll on by.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I think phpBB and Android Firefox have a love-hate relationship.

On my Android tablet with Firefox, for the most part, Fogbow works OK, but occasionally part of the text message is blanked out in some iteration of a rectangle. If I do a 'two finger stretch' to change the font size, the 'hidden' text reappears, or if I do a message quote it appears in the new post preview window. I have been attributing this behaviour to my tablets low memory condition - I may get a new tablet or try a factory reset to see if that restored memory that the OS has allocated and lost.

Tweets usually appear as a hot spot text label that says 'loading tweet'. Then if I click on that label, the tweet loads in the Twitter App. That is acceptable behaviour as far as I'm concerned because it prevents loading tweets that I don't care about (which is most of them actually).

However, on another phpBB based forum I read, tweets just don't appear at all (still Android Firefox). The posts containing the tweet are empty of content other than the standard author name and date and such like. I can only get to the tweet if I quote the post and then copy the http code from the text in the preview window and paste it into the address bar. And that is a pain in the backside. (I got called a 'boomer' for complaining about this in the other forum! :oldman: )

My thinking is currently that this is not a memory problem, since it is fine in one forum and not the other. Rather, I suspect that the underlying 'theme' is broken in the non-Fogbow forum.

Also I haven't checked if any of this happens with Chrome.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

We've had a really big problem at The Fogbow for a long time. People always ask, "Why doesn't The Fogbow have a Theme Song?" It's been a huge issue. But...

Found it! This is perfection, wait till you hear it -- it's just what Foggy always wanted The Fogow to represent. It's the one and only Edith Massey, John Waters' muse in Pink Flamingos, Polyester and so many more films. Check out the awesome DRAGNET sample! Delighted to have found it to share with y'all. Presenting...

I GOT THE EVIDENCE! · Edith Massey & The Evidence

Edith Massey Live on the Sunset Strip
℗ 2009 Longderson Publishing ASCAP
Released on: 2009-03-09

"You bastard, I'm gonna put you AGAINST the wall!" "I've got more information than the FBI!"

The legal sounds and lyrics of the Evidence track were the decider, but it was really, really hard -- Edie's version of FEVER blows Peggy Lee and Eartha Kitt out of the water! If you think Sinatra and Tony Bennett are masters of phrasing, think again: Edie tops them. :lol: "I'm better in my 50's than I ever was at Sweet 16!" "I'm a bouncing ball of fire... never idle, never low." "You don't have to be a blabberpuss or a beauty queen" "Whip it out and go to town -- this Red Hot Mama needs coolin down!" "Hi, you Cocktail Cowboys from the Dive Corral"

Edie's inimitable version of FEVER:

Edith Massey - FEVER - Live On The Sunset Strip - John Waters Female Trouble Pink Flamingos
12,025 views Apr 10, 2009

Bonus: Here's the FULL 27 MINUTE LIVE SET! And it kicks off with Edie's classic dialogue from the movie Pink Flamingos with the Egg Man! This has her biggest hit: "Hey Punks, Get Off The Grass!"

Edith Massey & The Evidence - Live On The Sunset Strip Mix
May 5, 2021 MYOKOM Vault
5 songs (& bonus tracks) mixed from the 2009 EP "Live On The Sunset Strip" by Edith Massey & The Evidence. Edith & The Eggman, Fever, I Got The Evidence, Polyester Girl, Punks Get Off The Grass, Queers Are Better, Big Girls Don't Cry & Edith Massey Vs. Thunderpuss.

Bill
5.0 out of 5 stars Edith Massey-what a trip on the strip!
Reviewed in the United States on March 5, 2010
Verified Purchase
Actress Edith Massey, scene stealer from film director John Waters' movies such as "Pink Flamingos" and "Polyester," is in fine form on this wonderful 'EP.' "Fever" is great fun [Peggy Lee, eat your heart out] and the legenday "Punks, Get Off The Grass" sounds,to me, way better here than it did on the studio cut. I especially enjoyed Edie bantering with the audience, though brief, it brought to mind some of the moments that are in the Edith Massey DVD 'A Love Story.' This woman was so REAL, even in a setting like the Whiskey A Go-Go, she comes across as that 'favorite relative' most of us wish we knew back in the day. Five Stars on this one, folks.

Lyndon W. Norton
5.0 out of 5 stars Short but sweet.
Reviewed in the United States on June 29, 2011
Verified Purchase
I love Edith Massey! To the point that I wish she was alive and was my aunt or something! I mostly love the way she talks! Her intonation and stresses are all over the shop in such a joyously delightful way, that it's always a pleasure to listen to. Of course her strained tones aren't going to be to everyones taste. I bought this CD without even hesitating to look at it properly, and my only disapointment upon receiving it was that it only has four songs. Did she really only perform four? The CD insert has no information. Obviously I could do a google search, but I cant be bothered, also I like to wonder about some things. All in all a great CD to buy for Edith Massey fans, (her verson of Fever is worth the asking price alone) even though it leaves me wanting so much more!
Eggs eggs eggs!!!
It's free on Amazon Music too also.

Abbondanza! You all are most welcome! :smoking:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
keith

Post by keith »

Discogs Artist: Edith Massey

Yeah, "I've got the evidence" is great.

"Fever" not so much but maybe that's just me.

If there is one thing that John Waters can teach us is that taste is in the mouth of the eater.
keith

Post by keith »

keith wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:49 am I think phpBB and Android Firefox have a love-hate relationship.

On my Android tablet with Firefox, for the most part, Fogbow works OK, but occasionally part of the text message is blanked out in some iteration of a rectangle. If I do a 'two finger stretch' to change the font size, the 'hidden' text reappears, or if I do a message quote it appears in the new post preview window. I have been attributing this behaviour to my tablets low memory condition - I may get a new tablet or try a factory reset to see if that restored memory that the OS has allocated and lost.

Tweets usually appear as a hot spot text label that says 'loading tweet'. Then if I click on that label, the tweet loads in the Twitter App. That is acceptable behaviour as far as I'm concerned because it prevents loading tweets that I don't care about (which is most of them actually).

However, on another phpBB based forum I read, tweets just don't appear at all (still Android Firefox). The posts containing the tweet are empty of content other than the standard author name and date and such like. I can only get to the tweet if I quote the post and then copy the http code from the text in the preview window and paste it into the address bar. And that is a pain in the backside. (I got called a 'boomer' for complaining about this in the other forum! :oldman: )

My thinking is currently that this is not a memory problem, since it is fine in one forum and not the other. Rather, I suspect that the underlying 'theme' is broken in the non-Fogbow forum.

Also I haven't checked if any of this happens with Chrome.
Chrome seems to be just fine. I may have just been turned to the 'dark side'.

I have always been a fan of Firefox, but if it doesn't work, it doesn't work.

Return to “Questions and Suggestions”