Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Report Problems/Questions Here

We listen to your suggestions, honest we do! Well, sometimes.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Foggy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 2:22 pm
Edit: Uh oh, lemme guess, Hexagon Reborn, because I'm fixing it, but it takes a little bit.
Bingo!
Edit: Try Graand New for a spell, I fixed it up good. Shrunk the logo, got it placed correctly, and gave it the special links. But Hexagon Reborn is a work in progress ...
Ok, I'll check it out - thanks!
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Gaah!!! It's white!!!

C'mon! I'm a child of the dark :twisted:

I'll go with ProSilver Dark for now :mrgreen: Just please don't mess with it and Hexagon Reborn at the same time, eh? :biggrin:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Folks can always rotate which theme they use. Depending on how much they like it, they can use it for a Scaramucci just to get the feel, or use it for a Truss if they like it better.

Themes, just like British PMs, can be changed early and often.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

OK, well at least I fixed the logo in Hexagon Reborn so it doesn't take up so much real estate, but I'm having real trouble putting those custom links back, so I need a break for a couple hours. That style is pretty tricky, with all the stupid color pickers and stuff. I can't even get the custom BBCodes to look right on that thing. I mean, it's nice, but ...

Anyway, I'll get back to it. Later sometime.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

In my defense, I did update GraandNew and Hexagon Reborn to the latest versions, too also. That's why it's taking a bit to figure out the code. Those Hexagon people think they're tricky. (Narrator: they're tricky)
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Foggy wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 3:02 pm OK, well at least I fixed the logo in Hexagon Reborn so it doesn't take up so much real estate, but I'm having real trouble putting those custom links back, so I need a break for a couple hours. That style is pretty tricky, with all the stupid color pickers and stuff. I can't even get the custom BBCodes to look right on that thing. I mean, it's nice, but ...

Anyway, I'll get back to it. Later sometime.
No hurry on my account. I'll be fine with ProSilver Dark as long as needed :)
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I read this thread to find out 1) I don't have any problems and 2) to expose myself to the out there names of different computer applications. :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Custom links added to the top and bottom of Hexagon Reborn.

That one is finished. Still gonna reduce the size of the logo on Creamy Dreamy Free Me and Beam Me!
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

OMG, you knew this day was gonna come.

Since the last time I updated the forum software, X-Creamy has released a new version, going from v.1.2.8 to 1.2.9, and now I'm ready to do some work on fixing the logo (the logo bothers me) but of course I'm not gonna mess with a style that is OBSOLETE ANYWAY so first I have to update us to v.1.2.9.

Which will get rid of the custom links at top and bottom maybe.

Maybe wait until tomorrow. There are 16 Earthlings using that board style, and I want to be sure to mess them all up at once. :mrgreen:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Oh wait, hah, you blinked. I already updated X-Creamy to v.1.2.9 while the hares were taking a nap.

The logo is still too big.

Let's get small.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Foggy wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 6:09 pm Oh wait, hah, you blinked. I already updated X-Creamy to v.1.2.9 while the hares were taking a nap.

The logo is still too big.

Let's get small.
Yeahbut, which pill is it ezackly?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Unavailable where prohibited by law. :fingerwag:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Search index corrupt, maybe?

Yesterday I was looking for the Rest in Peace thread.. I normally use the advanced search feature to find a thread I know exists. (far easier than aimlessly clicking around the forums try to find stuff)

I searched: Rest in Peace / Topic tiles only / Results as Topics

No suitable matches were found.

I just did it before posting this. Still no matches.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

"Me Too" - just in case the Rooster asks if you are the only one with this expirience ;)

Foggy broke the forum :crybaby:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I know I used the advanced search just yesterday for Rest in Peace when I posted about Leslie Jordan's death.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I shall rebuild the search today.
Edit: in progress ...
Edit: Done.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Confirmed search for Rest in Peace returns the topic title in the results.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Oct 24, 2022 5:55 pm I read this thread to find out 1) I don't have any problems and 2) to expose myself to the out there names of different computer applications. :biggrin:
Me too. I live simply, and when something doesn't seem to work the way I thought, I chalk it up to my CRS (can't remember stuff).
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

This may be a problem only for me, but as a rural person who relies on DSL coming through the phone landline for internet access in the first place (it's slow, very slow), and then being someone who needs to lie down due to back problems (i.e., not able to use my PC because I can't sit for even relatively short periods) and thus relies on my tablet (which is of course connected to my internet via wi-fi) for internet access...which is even slower than my PC...could everyone please be reminded that if you want to quote something from Twitter, please at least copy and paste a few sentences so that we don't bother spending half an hour waiting for Twitter to upload?

I know, I am probably the only one here who has this issue, but people are forgetting that not everyone has super fast internet access.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I have that problem too, and I have pretty fast internet.

I want to know WHY I'm waiting for a tweet to load before I waste time not scrolling past.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

keith wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:40 pm I have that problem too, and I have pretty fast internet.

I want to know WHY I'm waiting for a tweet to load before I waste time not scrolling past.
Picking up a tweet for display within the phpBB forum is somewhat convoluted. For each webpage with a tweet a snippet of code gets downloaded form the extension providers website, and only when that has happened can the Twitter content be accessed. I understand that the accesscode used is that of the extension provider. I no longer remember if the content comes directly from Twitter or is also routed thru the extension providers website.

Note: I have also noticed that response times of Twitter content have turned worse like in the middle of the year. Maybe it is Twitter itself that is slowing third party display of content down (they have an interest in people using their service directly). Too many players to tell for sure.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

keith wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 5:40 pm I have that problem too, and I have pretty fast internet.

Phew, I am glad I'm not the only one :lol: .
RTH10260 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:17 pm

Picking up a tweet for display within the phpBB forum is somewhat convoluted. For each webpage with a tweet a snippet of code gets downloaded form the extension providers website, and only when that has happened can the Twitter content be accessed. I understand that the accesscode used is that of the extension provider. I no longer remember if the content comes directly from Twitter or is also routed thru the extension providers website.
I'd just like a copy and paste of the initial verbiage of the tweet. Is it really that difficult?

Like this:

Steven Mazie
@stevenmazie

NEW at SCOTUS: Senator Lindsey Graham files emergency docket application seeking to be released from order to testify in Trump’s Georgia election fraud case
(and then attach the link for the tweet)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Azastan wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:27 pm I'd just like a copy and paste of the initial verbiage of the tweet. Is it really that difficult?

Like this:
Steven Mazie
@stevenmazie

NEW at SCOTUS: Senator Lindsey Graham files emergency docket application seeking to be released from order to testify in Trump’s Georgia election fraud case
(and then attach the link for the tweet)
The hardest issue, I think, is doing that from a phone. As far as I can tell (I have never tried to copy and paste from Twitter on my phone), I can copy the text but not the handle so there would be going back and forth to try and thumb-type that in. I don't now about iPads.

Right now, my biggest issue is tweets, Facebook, and sometimes videos showing an unable to load image. This is not, however, a phpBB issue (i.e. Fogbow) but my old phone. It happens in many others sites.

The tweet loading has been slower lately, on my phone, but I have been blaming that on my phone (I need to replace it).
101010 :towel:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Yeah, it’s a PITA from a phone.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

northland10 wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:58 pm
I can copy the text but not the handle so there would be going back and forth to try and thumb-type that in.
Even copying the text would help.

Think of it this way--if it's a pain for you, just think about how irritating it is for some of us who have to wait a minute or two (or more) for the tweet to fully load, and to have SEVERAL tweets all in a row for which no one has bothered to put in a copy and paste for reference.

Copy and paste would also help preserve a tweet if the person who posted it deleted the tweet later...

Return to “Questions and Suggestions”