Report Problems/Questions Here

We listen to your suggestions, honest we do! Well, sometimes.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: Report Problems/Questions Here

Post by Phoenix520 »

Nope. Same as it ever was except now your werds are there.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

simply a FYI - I think AdBlock was a culprit in my earlier problems. It was weird, cause Twitter did not show its stuff in a separate browser tab (not imbedded in the forum), but when I enabled & disabled (or disabled & enabled, not sure about the sequence) AdBlock on twitter.com and refreshed the webpage the content would show up. It would show up in a separate tab until the next time I got logged out of Windows (I have a timeout set). Rinse and repeat after next login. There must have been some condition that AdBlock stumbled over. :shrug:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Ad blockers do it and NoScript blocks a lot too, gotta give extra permission. Always have to click NoScript again for the tweets when restarting the browser. MalwareBytes Browser Guard blocks stuff too. There's an extension that blocks Facebook from tracking you, that blocks the FB posts. It's good to check your browser extensions... try turning them off and see if you see the content then turn them on one by one. We run a ton of blockers to stay safe and so far (knock wood) have never had spyware or malware.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
realist

Post by realist »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 12:23 pm Upon further investigation, my staff informs me that there's a new version of the extension that controls the spoiler tags, Advanced BBCodes.

However, I don't install stuff in the middle of the day, because it might mess up our database and we can't have that.

Which means I will have to get up early mañana, kick everybody off the forum, back up the database, and then install the new version.

The other eleven extensions we have installed are all fully up-to-date. :whistle:
Edit: NOTE: Advanced BBCodes does NOT control the display of tweets. That's done by the official phpBB extension for Media Embeds. So maybe updating ABBC will help with spoiler tags and maybe not, but it almost surely won't help with tweets. I have to keep working on that one.
I can read the tweets on my phone but still not here. Also, too, I can now read the spoiler text here. :shrug:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Ah, that raises the question, what browser are you using for phone and ... laptop?

Software, especially high performance PHP-based software (which is just about everything now) is notoriously tricky about working on one browser and not another.

Ol' Wifehorn is always having trouble with Firefox, but things work on Chrome - or vice versa.

In fact, we saw a story this week -
A key British border IT system used by plant and seed exporters is so ancient that it will only work with Internet Explorer [Version 11] – which was deprecated by Microsoft last year ...
Source
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
realist

Post by realist »

Ah, that raises the question, what browser are you using for phone and ... laptop?
It may raise the question, but the answer is I have Safari on the phone and Firefox on the computer. These are the same as I've always used and I've made no changes to either. I had no problem with either one until the past few weeks and then could not see tweets nor spoiler text here (though now I can see spoiler here), but phone remained unchanged and worked and still works fine. :shrug:
Image X 4
Image X 32
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

realist wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:30 pm
It may raise the question, but the answer is I have Safari on the phone and Firefox on the computer. These are the same as I've always used and I've made no changes to either. I had no problem with either one until the past few weeks and then could not see tweets nor spoiler text here (though now I can see spoiler here), but phone remained unchanged and worked and still works fine. :shrug:
Spoliers are a play with CSS settings, the thingy that defines how to make visual effects. CSS may differ on implementation in the same browser on different platforms.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Course, they update Firefox without telling you ...

Are you seeing an error message?
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
realist

Post by realist »

Foggy wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:38 pm Course, they update Firefox without telling you ...

Are you seeing an error message?
No.
Image X 4
Image X 32
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Realist, this is clearly a conspiracy between Rev Dr Laity Esq, Scoop Rondeau & the tech geniuses at the Post & Email. It's clearly a huge hack, file police reports and send a message to the UN International Human Rights Commission! This must not stand! #FreeRealist
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
realist

Post by realist »

orlylicious wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 3:14 pm Realist, this is clearly a conspiracy between Rev Dr Laity Esq, Scoop Rondeau & the tech geniuses at the Post & Email. It's clearly a huge hack, file police reports and send a message to the UN International Human Rights Commission! This must not stand! #FreeRealist
:panic:
Image X 4
Image X 32
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I have been having problems with tweets on several phpBB based sites using Firefox on Windows and Android for more months than i can count. I have switched to Chrome for these sites.

My only problem now is I have to login to Fogbow every time. It refuses to remember me. I assume this is a cookie issue but I havent figured it out yet.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

A lot of the time when that happens, make sure the address starts with an "s" at the end of https and it'll remember you.
Image Image Image Image
realist

Post by realist »

Just wanted to report that for no reason that I know of, beginning about an hour ago, I can now see tweets. It's a miracle, I suppose.

No idea how or why, but I'll take it.

:thumbsup:
Image X 4
Image X 32
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Earlier today my fat fingers hit the phbb text underneath Active Topics on my phone. Up floated some words that I assume were about phbb but they were in German so I’m not 100% sure. Not entirely sure what I did next but a gray, translucent oval button that said phbb (and something else. I have COVID brain today, can’t remember) showed up and floated over the page for several minutes.

Then my doorbell rang and when I returned it was gone. I didn't even get a screen shot. I bet you think I’m making it up, huh?
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

You mean this?
Estiveoshot_20220112_162753.jpg
I hit that with my Flintstone fingers alla time. It is, as the kids say, no big.
Image Image Image Image
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:21 pm Earlier today my fat fingers hit the phbb text underneath Active Topics on my phone. Up floated some words that I assume were about phbb but they were in German so I’m not 100% sure. Not entirely sure what I did next but a gray, translucent oval button that said phbb (and something else. I have COVID brain today, can’t remember) showed up and floated over the page for several minutes.

Then my doorbell rang and when I returned it was gone. I didn't even get a screen shot. I bet you think I’m making it up, huh?
Are you using Carbon? It may have been a preview/popup feature for the link with your phone. If you follow the link to the style page for Carbon (one of the PHPbb links below) it looks like this and is in German.
Screenshot 2022-01-12 182919.jpg
Screenshot 2022-01-12 182919.jpg (234.08 KiB) Viewed 827 times
101010 :towel:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Yeah, except it was floating across my screen., not just sitting there all normal, like yours. Do you get the free floating oval button, too?
(For estiveo)

Not carbon. Extra creamy.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Depending on the browser and phone, that "we are using cookies is that okay" pop up on the bottom could potentially float. It does not do it on my current version of Chrome on my Samsung phone, but it might with others.

As for the popup.. you have been GDPR'd (one of those fun additions websites, especially in Europe) added with the implementation of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) in the EU.
Edit:
Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:34 pmNot carbon. Extra creamy.
I realized the link was the same in Graand New as well so is probably the same in Creamy.
Edit: Edit 2: My phone looks just like Estivos, minus the funky font that would probably drive me batty though I would like to hear his answer to the question as to whether the popup floats.
101010 :towel:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

No floaties for me, and I'm also on a Samsung using Chrome.
Image Image Image Image
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Phoenix520 wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:34 pm Yeah, except it was floating across my screen., not just sitting there all normal, like yours. Do you get the free floating oval button, too?
(For estiveo)

Not carbon. Extra creamy.
Did you spill French vanilly creamer on the screen :?:

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

realist wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:05 pm Just wanted to report that for no reason that I know of, beginning about an hour ago, I can now see tweets. It's a miracle, I suppose.

No idea how or why, but I'll take it.

:thumbsup:
Wow, you are so welcome, that's awesome and I really didn't do much to fix it, or anything at all, really, but you're still welcome 'cause if anything bad happens it's my fault :mad: :oopsy: :bag: so when something good happens I will most certainly take credit for it.
:thankyou:

I don't know what's wrong with you people who are clicking links I don't know about and visiting godonlyknowswhat websites where they build the board styles. :crazy:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

So how co e I have to login over and over and over and over?

The logon status shows my avatar and when I click on it it offers me the chance to logout, but if I try to, say, go to the user control panel by clicking on the menu item in that same drop down, I get bounced to the logi screen. And yes i am clicking on remember me.

This happens if I'm trying to reply too also.

Using Chrome on Android and Desktop both. I havent checked with firefox since it doesn't play nice with tweets.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

keith wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 2:53 am So how co e I have to login over and over and over and over?

The logon status shows my avatar and when I click on it it offers me the chance to logout, but if I try to, say, go to the user control panel by clicking on the menu item in that same drop down, I get bounced to the logi screen. And yes i am clicking on remember me.

This happens if I'm trying to reply too also.

Using Chrome on Android and Desktop both. I havent checked with firefox since it doesn't play nice with tweets.
viewtopic.php?t=305&start=25#p7423
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

My apologizes for blowing up the board by posting the Gangnam Style video. That was not my intent. :cantlook:

Return to “Questions and Suggestions”