Report Problems/Questions Here

We listen to your suggestions, honest we do! Well, sometimes.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Every Sunday morning, one of the forum maintenance chores I do is reboot my server, which takes us offline briefly, but the tech I talked to this morning said it's a good idea to reboot my server once a week or every two weeks, whatever. I do other maintenance chores, too also.

Except last week and this week after I rebooted the server it took half an hour to get back online, and the techs don't know why, but they're creating an advanced ticket, so some smartypants geek will look at it and send me an email this week.

Now you know. :|
She was drinking some dreadful vegetable smoothie
concoction that looked like minced caterpillars.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

I have noticed over the past couple of days the forum response has gotten a bit sluggish. It is nothing like the slow down we had last year but definitely slower than it had been. Maybe this is related to the reboot issue?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Reality Check wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:24 am I have noticed over the past couple of days the forum response has gotten a bit sluggish. It is nothing like the slow down we had last year but definitely slower than it had been. Maybe this is related to the reboot issue?
It will also ocassionally time-out and throw this:
Screenshot_20240419-184421~2.png
Screenshot_20240419-184421~2.png (214.48 KiB) Viewed 232 times
There is also the issue with intermittent logouts.

And the ssl cert is no longer working for web. https//
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Hi Foggy, a lively discussion about one of the Taitz Birther cases, Rhodes v. Macdonald (M.D. Ga.), has sprung up in the topic for People v. Trump, beginning here..

It might be a good idea to move the discussion to the Dregs of birther remainders topic in the Other weirdos subforum.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

chancery wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:33 am Hi Foggy, a lively discussion about one of the Taitz Birther cases, Rhodes v. Macdonald (M.D. Ga.), has sprung up in the topic for People v. Trump, beginning here..

It might be a good idea to move the discussion to the Dregs of birther remainders topic in the Other weirdos subforum.
I will look for Judge Land's sanctions orders and post them on dregs if that's what we are using. I know Jack Ryan's SCRIBD page had all of those documents but I think SCRIBD has a paywall now.
realist

Post by realist »

Reality Check wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 12:15 pm
chancery wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 11:33 am Hi Foggy, a lively discussion about one of the Taitz Birther cases, Rhodes v. Macdonald (M.D. Ga.), has sprung up in the topic for People v. Trump, beginning here..

I will look for Judge Land's sanctions orders and post them on dregs if that's what we are using. I know Jack Ryan's SCRIBD page had all of those documents but I think SCRIBD has a paywall now.
The documents are on OldBow. https://formerly.thefogbow.com/forum/se ... mit=Search

Here is the relevant portion of the sanctions Order but the entire Order is entertaining.
The Court must therefore determine what amount is sufficient todeter counsel’s conduct. The Court observes that Congress hasconcluded in the context of frivolous filings in the Tax Court thatfinancial penalties up to $25,000.00 may be appropriate.
See 26U.S.C. § 6673(a)(1). The Eleventh Circuit has affirmed a $10,000.00sanction against an attorney for conduct far less egregious than Ms. Taitz’s conduct.
See Riccard v. Prudential Ins. Co.,
307 F.3d 1277,1294-96 (11th Cir. 2002);
see also Kleiner v. First Nat’l Bank of Atlanta
, 751 F.2d 1193, 1209 (11th Cir. 1985) (affirming $50,000 sanction against attorney based on court’s inherent authority todiscipline attorney misconduct). Under the circumstances in this caseand based upon the factors considered above, the Court finds that theCourt’s previously contemplated financial sanction of $10,000.00 isnot adequate to deter future misconduct and that a monetary penaltyof $20,000.00 is the minimumamount necessary to deter counsel’smisconduct.
Case 4:09-cv-00106-CDL Document 28 Filed 10/13/2009 Page 37 of 43
Image X 4
Image X 32
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Thanks realist. I found them at Court Listener too. I had forgotten that Orly didn't pay at first but Judge Land put the US Attorney's office on her tail to collect and she quickly wrote a check. I am sure Yosi didn't want a lien on his home or company.

Return to “Questions and Suggestions”