poplove

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

poplove

Post by poplove »

I came for the bundy nonsense and stayed for everything else. You all kept me sane during the the last four years.
RVInit

Re: poplove

Post by RVInit »

We must have found Fogbow around the same time, I found it after someone posted about it on OLive. Those were the days.

I had hit 10,000 posts before the site went down! I was :shock: when I saw that.
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
jmj

Post by jmj »

I think there are a lot of us in the same boat. Though I can't actually remember how I found the fogbow. Probably just googling for Bundy updates ;)
poplove

Post by poplove »

RVInit wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:10 pm We must have found Fogbow around the same time, I found it after someone posted about it on OLive. Those were the days.

I had hit 10,000 posts before the site went down! I was :shock: when I saw that.
OLive commenters were so funny and clever! I laughed so much at many of the comments. Leon Spinx was hilarious!
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

poplove wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:33 pm
RVInit wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:10 pm We must have found Fogbow around the same time, I found it after someone posted about it on OLive. Those were the days.

OLive commenters were so funny and clever! I laughed so much at many of the comments. Leon Spinx was hilarious!
I remember him! Assuming he's a him, :oops: Yes, so funny...
“A know-it-all is a person who knows everything except for how annoying he is.”

— Demetri Martin
poplove

Post by poplove »

RVInit wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:10 pm

I remember him! Assuming he's a him, :oops: Yes, so funny...
Yes, Leon is/was a male. He had posted a video of himself and some others shooting off rockets, I believe. No faces, just a view of their backs.
poplove

Post by poplove »

A little more about me. I 'm an Air Force veteran (WAF), retired from DoD civil service, and my hubby is retired from the Air Force. We've lived in Las Vegas for 32 years. I play ukulele and run two local ukulele clubs. My user name comes from the home phone number my family had while growing up in the San Fernando Valley as a way to remember it.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Leon was funnier than hell. I also came here from OLive. Never heard about Fogbow before that but checked it out after some OLive posts about it. Lurked for a while and then finally jumped in. Glad I did but I miss the Commentariat.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Same..

Olive has been spamming me for $$, but no comments no me..
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Hello,

Nice to meet you again.

Sad-Cafe
poplove

poplove

Post by poplove »

May was a busy month for me and my ukulele groups. First picture is from a performance at a memory care facility. We play for them three times a year with hula dancers. We had a six year old dancer along with her mom this time. That's me in the front row. I am the M.C. and I tell silly jokes between songs. The man on my left is our music director and a 30-year retired Marine E-9, same age as me.
► Show Spoiler
IMG_7563-1.jpg
IMG_7563-1.jpg (227.53 KiB) Viewed 301 times
This was my Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at University Las Vegas Nevada (OLLI at UNLV) ukulele workshop performing on May 9 for the UNLV Music and Brain Health Symposium. I'm in the green shirt. The man on my right is our instructor and I'm his assistant. (No one played the pipe organ for the program.)
IMG_7454-1.jpg
IMG_7454-1.jpg (218.43 KiB) Viewed 301 times
realist

poplove

Post by realist »

:thumbsup:
Image X 4
Image X 32
jemcanada2

poplove

Post by jemcanada2 »

:thumbsup: :bighug:

I remember an impromptu ukulele performance by you at one of the Zoom meetups
poplove

poplove

Post by poplove »

jemcanada2 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:36 pm :thumbsup: :bighug:

Yes, I played Fogbow Holiday Dinner Party and I think there's a link to the video somewhere on the ukulele thread on the old forum. Dr. Conspiracy also played a song for us, You Dun Stomped On My Heart by Mason Williams.

I assume you're still playing your drum.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

poplove

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:thumbsup: :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
p0rtia

poplove

Post by p0rtia »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
jemcanada2

poplove

Post by jemcanada2 »

;)
poplove wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:46 pm
jemcanada2 wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:36 pm :thumbsup: :bighug:

Yes, I played Fogbow Holiday Dinner Party and I think there's a link to the video somewhere on the ukulele thread on the old forum. Dr. Conspiracy also played a song for us, You Dun Stomped On My Heart by Mason Williams.

I assume you're still playing your drum.
They were great performances!

I haven’t played my drum much since moving to the condo. I’m sure my downstairs neighbour appreciates it ;)
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

poplove

Post by northland10 »

poplove wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:50 pm This was my Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at University Las Vegas Nevada (OLLI at UNLV) ukulele workshop performing on May 9 for the UNLV Music and Brain Health Symposium. I'm in the green shirt. The man on my right is our instructor and I'm his assistant. (No one played the pipe organ for the program.)
IMG_7454-1.jpg
There's a ukulele group in that photo? All I see is an organ, that wasn't played... :(

But wonderful, anyway.
101010 :towel:
poplove

poplove

Post by poplove »

northland10 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 1:23 pm
poplove wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:50 pm This was my Osher Lifelong Learning Institute at University Las Vegas Nevada (OLLI at UNLV) ukulele workshop performing on May 9 for the UNLV Music and Brain Health Symposium. I'm in the green shirt. The man on my right is our instructor and I'm his assistant. (No one played the pipe organ for the program.)
IMG_7454-1.jpg
There's a ukulele group in that photo? All I see is an organ, that wasn't played... :(

But wonderful, anyway.
I was thinking of you the whole time I was there, Northy! :biggrin:

Return to “Introduce Yourself”