Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

AGOTX - Warren Kenneth “Ken” Paxton Junior

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: AGOTX - Warren Kenneth “Ken” Paxton Junior

Post by raison de arizona »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:34 pm why isn't he impeached?

In Jail?
He’s too busy winning re-election.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:35 pm
sad-cafe wrote: Wed May 25, 2022 8:34 pm why isn't he impeached?

In Jail?
He could share a cell with Skeletor.
Now, now....age gets to us all, but that's no way to refer to Sarah Palin...

Yeah, I know the way out already... :bag:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Paxton was on the radio with some dillweed that was covering the Hannity show, didn't catch his name. The guest host said that at his children's school just north of San Antonio, there are tall encircling fences and a single access point. He said that when he goes to the school, when you pass through that single access point it is setup as a mantrap, where you are locked between two doors and have to show ID through bulletproof glass. Sounds like a great place for kids.

Anyway. Paxton said a lot of stupid shit. The one that caught me was when he said parents needed to take it to the school boards like they did with CRT. The boards will bend when patriots show up demanding change in big numbers. Parents should demand every teacher be trained to carry. Parents should demand every school administrator is trained to carry. Parents should demand that schools are hardened, with controlled access points manned by armed officers. Parents should put aside the politics, and do something to keep our children safe.

Asshole.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tek

Post by tek »

Parents should demand every teacher be trained to carry. Parents should demand every school administrator is trained to carry. Parents should demand that schools are hardened, with controlled access points manned by armed officers.
Sometimes I wonder if he actually believes this bullshite. If he does, I'd like to challenge him to a came of checkers.
Parents should put aside the politics, and do something to keep our children safe.
As should elected officials.
raison de arizona

AG Pax­ton Launch­es Inves­ti­ga­tion Against Twit­ter for Poten­tial­ly Deceiv­ing Texas Con­sumers, Texas Busi­ness­es Over Fake Bot Accounts

Today Attorney General Ken Paxton launched an investigation against Twitter for potentially false reporting over its fake bot accounts in violation of the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act.

On Twitter, “bots” are automated, non-human accounts that can do virtually the same things as real people: send tweets, follow other users, and like and retweet others’ posts. Spam accounts like these inflate followers and reach, and often push deceptive and annoying activity. Bot accounts can not only reduce the quality of users’ experience on the platform but may also inflate the value of the company and the costs of doing business with it, thus directly harming Texas consumers and businesses.

Twitter has received intense scrutiny in recent weeks over claiming in its financial regulatory filings that fewer than 5% of all users are bots, when they may in fact comprise as much as 20% or more. The difference could dramatically affect the cost to Texas consumers and businesses who transact with Twitter.

To address this concern, Attorney General Paxton issued a Civil Investigative Demand (CID) to investigate whether Twitter’s reporting on real versus fake users is “false, misleading, or deceptive” under the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act. The CID requires Twitter to turn over documents related to how it calculates and manages its user data and how these numbers relate to Twitter’s advertising businesses. Twitter has until June 27 to respond to Attorney General Paxton’s Demand.

“Texans rely on Twitter’s public statements that nearly all its users are real people. It matters not only for regular Twitter users, but also Texas businesses and advertisers who use Twitter for their livelihoods,” said Attorney General Paxton. “If Twitter is misrepresenting how many accounts are fake to drive up their revenue, I have a duty to protect Texans.”
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/ne ... mers-texas
CID: https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/si ... 0622_2.pdf
tek

Post by tek »

The CID requires Twitter to turn over documents related to how it calculates and manages its user data and how these numbers relate to Twitter’s advertising businesses. Twitter has until June 27 to respond to Attorney General Paxton’s Demand.
Ken doing his buddy Elon a favor?
raison de arizona

The government in TX is just stupid and determined to destroy tech. Tech companies should just IP ban any TX locations from access. IMO. Let TX do their own internet the same way they do their own power. Stop playing their games.
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

tek wrote: Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:54 pm
The CID requires Twitter to turn over documents related to how it calculates and manages its user data and how these numbers relate to Twitter’s advertising businesses. Twitter has until June 27 to respond to Attorney General Paxton’s Demand.
Ken doing his buddy Elon a favor?
No doubt we are all aware that ole Elon up and moved much of Tesla's R&D and manufacturing to a new plant outside Austin. SpaceX has a significant presence there as well. Texas has no income tax. Texas does have a corporate net worth tax, however.

Musk is just pissed with California--he is a self-described libertarian who flouts the rules he does not like or believe in. He knows what is best for not only himself for all of us plebs. Whether he and Paxton have a thing or not would be conjecture at this point. But there are not that many states that would appeal to him, and of those that do, Texas is probably the best of a sorry lot. I don't think the Dakotas or Wyoming or any Southern state would welcome a person like him and his electric mobiles.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Texas AG Ken Paxton was on Fox News this morning. He wasn't asked about Uvalde, but they did lead with this.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm unaware of mass shootings involving twitter bots, but I'm just a dumb old girl.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:05 am I'm unaware of mass shootings involving twitter bots, but I'm just a dumb old girl.
Me too :oldlady:
raison de arizona

Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: Musk waived his right to due diligence with the twitter deal, so trying to use the “too many bots” excuse to back out without hard evidence is problematic. But TX AG Ken Paxton is happy to use taxpayer funds and resources to help him out by opening a twitter bot investigation.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Kendra wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:14 am
Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 11:05 am I'm unaware of mass shootings involving twitter bots, but I'm just a dumb old girl.
Me too :oldlady:
Mois trois! I luvs being a DOG! :dog:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
dumb ol' geezer works for me
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

We are all DOGs! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Texas GOP Attorney General Ken Paxton on the Uvalde massacre: 'God has a plan'

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton said recently that he would tell parents of young children killed in the Uvalde school shooting that "God has a plan."
:snippity:
Paxton's immediate response to the shooting was to call for arming teachers, which some schools in Texas already do despite strong pushback from teachers.

"We can't stop bad people from doing bad things. We can potentially arm and prepare and train teachers and other administrators to respond quickly. That, in my opinion, is the best answer," Paxton said following the shooting.
Ironically, Paxton himself cannot buy a gun under federal law, because he has been under indictment since 2015 for breaking state securities law.
https://www.alternet.org/2022/06/god-always-has-a-plan/
raison de arizona

Why isn't he in prison yet again?
Attorney General Ken Paxton @KenPaxtonTX wrote: Today's historic decision is the culmination of generations of Pro-Life activism in defense of the unborn.

Texas' laws are clear – abortion is now unlawful in the Lone Star State. [you mean one-star]

I will work tirelessly to ensure our laws are fully enforced and Life is protected in Texas.
Also, three day weekend!
Don Lewis @DonLew87 wrote: Upon the overturning of Roe v. Wade, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton closed his agency's offices statewide and declared June 24 an annual holiday for his agency to "honor the unborn". Paxton also remains under indictment for felony securities fraud charges.
raison de arizona

Pax­ton Applauds Court’s Deci­sion to Green-Light Texas’s Antitrust Suit Against Google

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton applauds a New York federal district court’s decision last night to reject Google’s motion to dismiss Texas’s lawsuit alleging that Google monopolized the digital advertising market. The federal court has allowed a coalition of seventeen states led by Texas to proceed on all counts under Section 2 of the Sherman Act, a major body of federal antitrust laws. The court ruled that “the States have plausibly alleged that Google has monopoly power in and willfully engaged in anticompetitive conduct.”

Attorney General Paxton stated: “Google’s monopolization of the display-advertising industry and its misleading business practices stifle innovation, limit consumer choice, and reduce competition. Here, the court is absolutely right to reject Google’s attempt to throw out our case. We look forward to a jury hearing how this Big Tech giant abused its monopoly power by harming consumers to reap billions in monopoly profits. This is a major step in the right direction to make our free market truly free.”

Read the federal district court’s Opinion and Order here.
https://www.texasattorneygeneral.gov/ne ... nst-google
raison de arizona

Paxton scores a victory from the crazy-assed 5th circuit.

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

:eek:

Also because people might say really terrible, terrible things, we can't allow freedom of speech at all anymore.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Jim Wright of Stonekettle station

https://www.facebook.com/groups/7950173 ... 6417363790
Jim Wright
6 m ·
Texas Republican Attorney General, Ken Paxton, who was arrested and indicted for securities-fraud and who has been under FBI investigation for seven years on those charges -- along with new federal charges of abuse-of-office and bribery brought by his OWN office via whistleblower complain -- has this morning fled his home in a truck driven by his wife, Texas state Senator Angela Paxton, to avoid being served with a subpoena.

The process server reports that the Paxtons attempted to evade him as he legally tried to serve the AG with a subpoena in a lawsuit brought by an Abortion Fund against the State of Texas.

Yet another example of the criminal cowardice of this ideology.

If you're a voter in Texas, FYI: Paxton faces Democrat Rochelle Garza in the coming election, two months from now.

Show up.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton — a Republican — fled his home in a truck driven by his wife (a state senator) to avoid being served a subpoena.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

He was so skeered he was gonna get his gunz, but instead he sent his wife out to pull around the truck.

Return to “Current Politics”