AGOTX - Warren Kenneth “Ken” Paxton Junior

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

RVInit wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 8:17 pm :rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: He shoulda never said the Speaker of the (Texas) House should resign. They had his back till he did that. Whutta dope.
It's like when two anti-heroes square off and the one says that he'll have an assassin take out the other, and the other says "I know everyone you'd send to kill me and they all like me better."

Paxton's weakness was overestimating his own value to his own side.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Today’s the day! :bunny:

They were on the radio this morning saying 19 of the 20 counts should be immediately dismissed because they happened in his previous term, and as such are now ineligible for impeachment. Ha!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

You know your impeachment is going well when this happens :lol:

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... 2f64&ei=37
Paxton trial updates: Defense accuses former top AG official of “staging a coup”
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Ken Paxton threatens to divide, destroy GOP, says rival and ex-congressman Louie Gohmert
Gohmert, who finished last among the AG’s 2022 primary opponents, said Paxton is not the target of a “corrupt prosecution.”

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/politic ... ly-caller/
Former Texas congressman Louie Gohmert, who challenged Ken Paxton in the 2022 Republican primary, wrote a blistering op-ed accusing the impeached attorney general of “dividing Texas conservatives.”

The man who conservatives supported “because of his stances for the issues they know could save their party and their country,” could be the same “who divides and destroys his party and his state,” Gohmert wrote in a post published Thursday on the conservative website The Daily Caller.

“Dividing and neutralizing Texas as a force for good in the United States could finish off what became the freest, longest lasting republic that provided more opportunities and assets for individuals than has ever existed,” he added. “Now that would be quite a legacy for the Texas AG who does a remarkable job playing a self-proclaimed victim.”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Stop Making Me Not Hate Louie Gohmert As Much!!!!
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 4:33 pm Stop Making Me Not Hate Louie Gohmert As Much!!!!
:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.cnn.com/2023/09/15/politics ... index.html

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton’s political fate is now in the hands of the state Senate, which began private deliberations in Paxton’s impeachment trial just before noon Central time Friday after House impeachment managers and the attorney general’s defense attorneys delivered their closing arguments.

It’s not yet clear when the Senate will vote on whether to convict Paxton on any of the 16 articles of impeachment.

“I have no idea how long the jury is going to deliberate. It could be hours; it could be days,” said Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick, who presided over the trial.

He instructed senators to deliberate until at least 8 p.m. Central time Friday, unless they reach a decision earlier. If they do not finish Friday night, he said they would return at 9 a.m. Saturday.

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton speaks ahead of a rally held by former President Donald Trump, in Robstown, Texas, on October 22, 2022.
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton pleads not guilty to impeachment charges
The two-week trial at the Texas State Capitol in Austin reached its end Friday when both the House impeachment managers and Paxton’s legal team were given one hour each for closing arguments. Paxton appeared on the state Senate floor for the first time since entering his not guilty pleas on the trial’s first day.

“He may claim to be one of us. But unlike the public servants here today, he has no regard for the principles of honor and integrity,” Republican state Rep. Andrew Murr, the chair of the House impeachment managers, said Friday morning.

Paxton’s attorney, Tony Buzbee, meanwhile, described the House’s case as “a joke,” motivated by fractures within the Republican Party, which dominates all branches of Texas government.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

MSNBC says verdict coming soon.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

It is going to be awhile.

On first article, counts were 14-yea, 16-nay.

Need 21 yea on any one article to convict and auto remove Pax from office.

It's Texas. Never gonna happen.

another live stream direct on youtube.

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

LOL, "1 vote margin" my ass. Ho hum, another day, another demonstration of Rethuglican failure to live up to any ethical standards whatsoever.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I haven't been following any of this until this morning I listened to some tidbits of testimony. One of the things I learned is that in order for any "guilty" verdict they not only had to agree with each element of the count, but also had to be of the opinion that he should be removed from office. Only under all of those conditions could they vote "yes" on any of the counts. So, even if they think each element was proven if they don't want to remove him they have to vote "no". Once I heard that I figured well, this is a done deal already and a waste of time. He will likely double down on the dirty. Just like he was so contrite about his first (known) affair. *

* I cannot imagine any self respecting woman wanting to have any kind of intimate relationship with Ken Paxton, I am shocked that he's married. To each her own, I suppose.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

This was a dog and pony show from the beginning.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Ya, it was similar with Tramp. Several republicans said fat out that he was guilty, the Dems had proven their case, but it was not enough to remove him from office

https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/senat ... e-removed/
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I'm just shocked it got this far.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

Lt Gov Patrick vows revenge (audit).

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
raison de arizona

Republican TX Speaker of the House Dade Phelan issues a scathing statement after TX Senate acquits Ken Paxton. Condemns Lt. Gov Patrick for bias while presiding over the trial, Paxton for his corruption, and the Senators who voted to acquit.
raison de arizona

Dan Patrick @danpatrick wrote: We must stop the impeachment process from being weaponized. I will not let the Texas House off the hook for their unprecedented misuse of the process, and their rush to judgement based upon hearsay. The House voted without a fair and credible process and that should never happen again. It undermined our democracy. Watch this courageous speech from Rep. Smithee who tried to stop it.
► Show Spoiler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Dan Patrick has changed his tune.

As to Paxton he is still under indictment. So hold his trial.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

I would rather stick a hot poker in my eye than listen to one minute of these two. Paxton is going to be crowing. :mad:
Attorney General Ken Paxton @KenPaxtonTX wrote: Had a wonderful interview today with @TuckerCarlson. Make sure and watch it tomorrow night at 5PM CST right here on X.
raison de arizona

Drugs. These people are on drugs.
DC_Draino @DC_Draino wrote: Are you ready for this?

The Bush Cartel wants an open border & Ken Paxton wants it closed

So they impeached him

Paxton was acquitted 5 days ago and guess what happened 3 days later?

Gov. Abbott declared an invasion

This entire impeachment was always about our border
Tucker Carlson @TuckerCarlson wrote: Ep. 25 Liberals like Karl Rove just tried to annihilate Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton. It didn't work. Paxton just joined us for his first interview since his acquittal.
raison de arizona

Republican AG Ken Paxton Flips the Script on Those Who Tried to Impeach Him

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton intends to file criminal complaints against state legislators who tried to remove him from office, alleging they broke the law when they shared his personal information in documents related to the case.
:snippity:
Weeks after going back on the job, Paxton is going after his impeachment managers, alleging they violated the law when his personal contact information was shared in impeachment documents.

“The impeachment managers clearly have a desire to threaten me with harm when they released this information last week,” the AG said in a statement obtained by The Texas Tribune.

He added, “I’m imploring their local prosecutors in each individual district to investigate the criminal offenses that have been committed.”
A Texas state law that went into effect last month made it a criminal offense to disclose addresses and phone numbers in some cases.
https://www.westernjournal.com/republic ... d-impeach/
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

So, he's weaponizing the government for his own purposes. How odd.

Return to “Current Politics”