Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Hillary Rodham Clinton and William Jefferson Clinton

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Hillary Rodham Clinton and William Jefferson Clinton

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Bill Clinton @BillClinton wrote: I’m saddened by the passing of Christine McVie. “Don’t Stop” was my ’92 campaign theme song - it perfectly captured the mood of a nation eager for better days. I’m grateful to Christine & Fleetwood Mac for entrusting us with such a meaningful song. I will miss her.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Wait, Don't Stop was released in 1977. How could it capture the mood of the nation fifteen years later? That's metaphysically absurd, man. :fingerwag:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Sat Dec 03, 2022 7:44 am Wait, Don't Stop was released in 1977. How could it capture the mood of the nation fifteen years later? That's metaphysically absurd, man. :fingerwag:
I guess us old folks dwell in nostalgia? :shrug: Sweating to the oldies is a thing I hear about.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Never hear surf music again ...

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... -professor
Former US secretary of state Hillary Clinton will join Columbia University as a global affairs professor at its School of International and Public Affairs (Sipa), it was announced on Thursday.

The university president’s Lee Bollinger announced the new position for Clinton, who was secretary of state for Barack Obama from 2009 to 2013.

“Given her extraordinary talents and capacities together with her singular life experiences, Hillary Clinton is unique, and, most importantly, exceptional in what she can bring to the University’s missions of research and teaching, along with public service and engagement for the public good,” Bollinger said in a statement.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

That sounds like a good fit for her.

I mean, I wouldn't want to sit in a bar with her, drinking beer and yappin' about polly ticks.

But if I was a student at Columbia, I'd sign up for her class. She isn't Miss Charisma, but she's smart as a whip and has way too much experience in government.

... and during office hours I could tell her how she could have won in 2016. :mrgreen:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:09 am That sounds like a good fit for her.

I mean, I wouldn't want to sit in a bar with her, drinking beer and yappin' about polly ticks.

But if I was a student at Columbia, I'd sign up for her class. She isn't Miss Charisma, but she's smart as a whip and has way too much experience in government.

... and during office hours I could tell her how she could have won in 2016. :mrgreen:
To paraphrase every villain in Scooby Doo, "She would have won if it wasn't for those pesky electoral college voters."
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I'd start with "You should have mocked him and laughed in his face during the debates, like I told you." :doh:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I wanted her to stop real fast forcing him to almost run into her. Then she should have mouthed, "He's behind me isn't he?" :biggrin: :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

:clap:
The Recount @therecount wrote: Hillary Clinton attends the unveiling of her official portrait for her role as the 67th Secretary of State.

“I haven't seen this portrait in a really long time ... between COVID, between not wanting to finish it during the prior administration,” Clinton says.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

From what I can tell (cell phones), it looks nice.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

The portrait looks nice, but she looks even better (in person).
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4

Return to “Current Politics”