Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Jim Jordan - James "Gym" Daniel Jordan, the Neanderthal sexual abuse concealer *allegedly

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Jim Jordan - James "Gym" Daniel Jordan, the Neanderthal sexual abuse concealer *allegedly

Post by raison de arizona »

He's garbage, he gets his own thread.

Other things going on with him currently include the nearly THREE MILLION DOLLARS unreported to the FEC, but don't worry, ole Jim just voted to neuter the FEC. Not that they would have done anything anyway. Ugh. Also, he's annoying and doesn't understand our Constitution.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: James "Jim" "Gym" Daniel Jordan, the Neanderthal sexual abuse concealer *allegedly

Post by Frater I*I »

Funny, GQPers are all about unleashing big business from gov't control, but once they make the decision of saying we're not going to allow this kind of hate speech, now it's time for Uncle Sam to step in.

The First Amendment how does it work? :roll: [natch I shouldn't be surprised they've never read it].
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: James "Jim" "Gym" Daniel Jordan, the Neanderthal sexual abuse concealer *allegedly

Post by AndyinPA »

Dixie Chicks!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:31 pmDixie Chicks!
Freedom Fries!
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Gym forgot "smelly Walmart shoppers" -- Sean Hannity gets a cookie every time he says it.

PS: It's really cool seeing people's full names in the topic titles, thank you! It's a great way to remember their full names, like Addison McConnell and Willard Romney. Never know when we'll be on Jeopardy.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Frater I*I wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:35 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:31 pmDixie Chicks!
Freedom Fries!
Liberty Cabbage!

Salisbury Steak!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

a better word for him is asshole
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

What exactly is Nadler supposed to do about "cancel culture"? What is the purpose of this letter?

Great to know that Gym is working hard on issues that affect Americans.

I'm so tired of the "there shouldn't be consequences for my speech" bullshit.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Totally agree, LMK. It's a pacifier for them, Biden is ignoring it. And these are corporate decisions, not government.
Biden World gives a shoulder shrug to the raging culture wars
Can arguments over children’s books and kids' toys really turn the political needle? Is there a wocket in my pocket?
By CHRISTOPHER CADELAGO and MERIDITH MCGRAW 03/04/2021 08:12 PM EST

There’s a war on The Muppets. And “The Cat and the Hat!”
But Biden is busy. He has no time for all that.

Over the past few weeks, Republicans have simmered over the “cancellation” of seemingly innocent family favorites, including the venerated Mr. Potato Head toy and Dr. Seuss books. Glenn Beck has likened it to fascism. Fox News has covered it obsessively. In recent days, conservative legislators have made speeches at confabs and in the halls of Congress, warning about what they describe as out of control PC culture. And yet, even as it becomes all consuming on the right, White House advisers and Biden aides insist they’re unbothered by the culture-wars-du-jour. Unbothered, they say. They respond with a snore. (Okay, we’re done).

“I don't think there is any danger in ignoring a debate on Mr. Potato Head and Dr. Seuss,” said John Anzalone, a Biden adviser and campaign pollster. Anzalone contends there’s no benefit to engaging in “meaningless” topics, and that there may indeed be an upside in disregarding them as the Biden administration and Democrats close in on a massive Covid-relief package, amid more than 500,000 deaths from the pandemic. “The Republicans are in danger of ignoring getting Covid vaccine distribution money to states, funding to schools to reopen and checks in the pockets of struggling Americans,” he added. Other aides to the president agree, pointing to the often-fleeting nature of the stories burning up conservative airwaves as proof there’s no need to weigh in.

The divide over what the right sees as “cancel culture” and what the left considers “concern trolling” is somehow growing larger in the post-Trump political landscape. And neither side is showing signs of retreating. While Biden World may find it all a tiresome distraction, Republicans see a salve. Lacking power and a unifying political message, a relentless focus on “cancel culture” has proven to be a galvanizing force for their base. “At the end of the day I think it unifies the party but expands it into the area we need to — the suburban moms, the college educated men that we struggled with in 2020, there’s common ground with these constituencies” said Mercedes Schlapp, senior fellow American Conservative Union Foundation and a former Trump White House aide. “We’re the party of common sense and we’re not going to be the party of continuously policing what our children are reading and not for this cancel culture mob to decide.”
The fights metastasize so swiftly that it becomes, at times, hard to recall how they started. In the case of Dr. Seuss, the Biden administration omitted the famed children’s book author in a proclamation for Read Across America Day, which was intentionally founded on the good doctor’s birthday. Then the estate of Dr. Seuss decided not to publish six of his children’s books because they included illustrations that the estate itself considered “hurtful” and “wrong.” The topic quickly became a fixation of GOP lawmakers and conservative cable programming. On Tuesday, it was the primary focus on Fox News even as FBI Director Christopher Wray sat in the hot seat for a hearing on the Jan. 6 riots on Capitol Hill. All told, the network talked about it 60 times, according to a Washington Post tally.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy even took the issue to the House floor during a debate on a voting rights bill introduced by Democrats. “First, they outlaw Dr. Seuss and now they want to tell us what to say,” McCarthy said. For the White House, it’s been generally worth sidestepping. White House press secretary Jen Psaki punted when asked about why Biden did not include Dr. Seuss in his reading day announcement as former presidents Trump, Obama, and Bush did. "The proclamation was written by the Department of Education, and you could certainly speak to them about more specifics about the drafting of it," Psaki said. That’s not the only culture war in which Psaki has refused to engage. When asked about Biden’s neanderthal comment, she called it a "reflection of his frustration" with Americans refusing to follow public-health guidance. Earlier, she declined to directly respond when asked about Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban’s announcement that his team would cease beginning games by playing the National Anthem — a policy on which he eventually reversed course.

The culture war playbook is a well-worn one for the GOP, especially when they are outnumbered in Washington. But the recent examples have taken a different form than those in the past. That was especially true in the Trump era when rather than being tied to a specific policy or politician, they often take the form of backlash to the perceived social pressure for political correctness. During Barack Obama’s presidency, aides saw many of these “scandals” as being motivated by their dislike for him personally, or having to do with his race, or often a combination both. Incidents included photos of Obama not wearing a jacket in the Oval office (after no such pictures were snapped of George W. Bush over eight years) and the Obamas inviting the hip hop artist and actor Common to the White House as part of a poetry reading, which drew the scorn of Karl Rove and Sarah Palin. “Oh lovely, White House…” she said. There was also the so-called Starbucks salute, when Obama informally saluted Marines while holding a cup of coffee in his raised hand. “The not-so-subtle implication was ‘he’s part of the Other and he doesn’t belong here,’” said a former Obama White House official, describing many of the attacks as racist.
So, will Republicans succeed? Is it, in fact, 98 ¾ percent guaranteed? The White House doesn’t think so, as evidenced by the fact that an official there responded with a Seussian rebuttal of their own.

“Republicans may complain, but they’re still in thrall
To a President who acted like a Neanderthal

Instead of coming together, the flames they fan
When they should be working with Joe on the Rescue Plan

Cry, whine, and gnash their teeth as they may
It’s actually the Republicans who are in disarray!”
More: https://www.politico.com/news/2021/03/0 ... ars-473824
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Luke

Post by Luke »

Gym keeps getting dumber and nastier. We love Ohio, can't imagine why they keep bringing this guy back when he hasn't had a single legislative accomplishment and behaves like such a fool.

Auntie Maxine :lol:

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

A good start would be for Gym to learn how to wear the damn thing correctly.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

get him Auntie Maxine
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I thought I saw a week or so ago he was supporting Gaetz. Any change?

(No, I couldn’t watch him berate Dr. Faici for 7 minutes. I lasted 30 seconds tops. Geez, if Dr. Fauci had those answers, he’d be like God or something.)
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

What is obvious is that Dr Fauci is an epidemiologist who has the difficult task of predicting the results of a pandemic along with advising of the effects of measures to mitigate its severity. As the DFO so wonderfully showed it is the politicians (DFO a politician?) who decide what action is taken and when. I cannot imagine any UK politician acting like Jordan; to borrow an epithet, what a Klown.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Gosh that was wonderful. Dr Fauci, class act and much higher intellectual than the Gym, trying to explain how this all works. And then, Aunti Maxine gives the slap-down! :rotflmao:
Luke

Post by Luke »

Gym Jordan SMACKDOWN Part 2! :lol: :boxing:

In this corner... the wonderful Val Demings...

Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Estiveoshot_20210420_180405.jpg
Image Image Image Image
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

his testicles got shrunk by two women of color in the same week. He's gonna go hit something
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:05 pm Gym keeps getting dumber and nastier. We love Ohio, can't imagine why they keep bringing this guy back when he hasn't had a single legislative accomplishment and behaves like such a fool.
Here's a big reason he keeps getting sent back.

101010 :towel:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

ridiculous
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

It’s a seahorse.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:03 pm It’s a seahorse.
It's a Covid-19 protein spike.,
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:03 pm It’s a seahorse.
I saw a duck.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

It's a gerrysalamander.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

sterngard friegen wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 8:47 pm It's a gerrysalamander.
:winner:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “Current Politics”