Jim Jordan - James "Gym" Daniel Jordan, the Neanderthal sexual abuse concealer *allegedly

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Jim Jordan - James "Gym" Daniel Jordan, the Neanderthal sexual abuse concealer *allegedly

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 8:22 pm :lol:
https://twitter.com/MrJonCryer/status/1 ... 39618?s=20
Jon Cryer @MrJonCryer wrote: If he hadn’t run for office, HE WOULDN’T HAVE COMMITTED THE CRIME, you jackass
Rep. Jim Jordan @Jim_Jordan wrote: The indictment wouldn't happen if President Trump didn't run for office.
Yeah, my first thought too. If you aren't campaigning, how do you break campaign laws?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Kendra wrote: Thu Apr 13, 2023 2:46 pm
The real question here is why a congressman who represents rural Ohio is suddenly taking his nose out of Hunter Biden’s laptop to obsess about NYC.
New York City grew by 7%+ on the 2020 numbers. Champaign County, Ohio went down 3% in the same period.
101010 :towel:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

He probably confused NYC with NYS, which is notoriously leaking residents. I mean, he is unfamiliar with facts and research, and just repeats shit he hears. And gets that wrong too.

But then, that's how conspiracy theories are made!
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 3:13 pm He probably confused NYC with NYS, which is notoriously leaking residents. I mean, he is unfamiliar with facts and research, and just repeats shit he hears. And gets that wrong too.

But then, that's how conspiracy theories are made!
My former boss from my last job before the Foreign Service was the same way. We made jokes at work that hearing about anything -- news stories, movie quotes, song lyrics, etc. -- from him after the fact was like playing a game of Telephone.

Come to think of it, he was a pretty hardcore Evangelical Christian and a Republican, too. Hrm.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Watching Jordan's Fi

eld Hearing* in NYC.

Opening statements:

Jordan - Bla bla bla defund the police bla bla bla

Nadler - Jordan is doing TFG's bidding; switch to what Dems are doing to prevent gun violence nationwide, and how no R sitting there today voted in favor; switch back to NYC, noting that crime is down across the board; noting that gun violence stats much higher in Jordan's district than in NYC, which is one of the safest large cities in the country.

Witnesses: folks who've had bad experiences with NYC LE/legal system; victim advocates; can't tell.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"Justus Gym Jordan"
I cannot watch his lying
Jacketless and mean.

Today is International Haiku Poetry Day. I used the traditional 5-7-5 form. :cantlook:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

More on hearing:

They're in a cellar meeting room (inJavitz Ctr, I think). About twenty (20) people in the audience--apparently all RWers. They heckled Nadler and Jordan had to ask them to stop. to b

Stefanik (not a regular member) is there.

Jordan said that they have to be in DC tonight, so he'll have an eye on the clock. EArlier Nadler said he'd heard the witnesses and members had been told not to mention TFG.

Opening statements by witnesses: Start with a string of crime victims and crime victim advocates. Blasting Bragg. One witness just yelled her anger. Sad and a really bad effect from her.

Fischer, the Dem witness, is blasting Congress for not enacting gun saftely. "Iron Pipeline" is the word of the day.

Back to bashing Bragg. Next witness says gun violence is up.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:10 am "Justus Gym Jordan"
I cannot watch his lying
Jacketless and mean.

Today is International Haiku Poetry Day. I used the traditional 5-7-5 form. :cantlook:
Nice!

Inspires me to work on a lymeric.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Second Dem witness speaks. Didn't know Jordan had allowed 2. He starts with, "Why are we here?" and goes to how gun and murder rates are below the states of most of the members there. Lots of horrific details of other states, and of McCarthy's district as the murder capitol of CA. If NYC were a state, it would rank in the middle of the list of states for murder rate.

Talking about where guns used in gun crimes in NYC come from: Fl, GA, SC.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Zoe Laughgrin thanks witnesses who have experienced crime and says she fears they are being used by the Committee under false pretenses.

Gallery hollars "No No No"

Gaetz up. Bellowing and grandstanding.

Jordan is rushing; he is speaking too fast and clearly wants to get back to DC ASAP.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Jordan gets witness to say that as a life-long NY'er "gun violence has never been this bad."

Okay.

Sheila JL was great, as always. Dems are turning this into an advert for the need for gun laws. Don't care that RW media will just use Jordan clips; it's still a great move.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

p0rtia wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:13 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Apr 17, 2023 10:10 am "Justus Gym Jordan"
I cannot watch his lying
Jacketless and mean.

Nice!

Inspires me to work on a lymeric.
Quick effort: :biggrin:

There once was a wrestler named Jordan,
Who thinks he’s a star like James Corden
So he goes to New York
And acts like a dork,
Where he makes sure no Dem gets a word in.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Schiff up, being Schiff.

"This committee has used every means in its disposal to disrupt and interfere with [indictment of TFG] in a vain attempt to disparage the DA."

"Apparently Manhattani is just lovely this time of year." "In all the gin joints in all the world, we just happened to walk into this one."

"Acting as criminal defence council for TFG"

Jordan has capitol POlice remove screaming dude in gallery (who is calling Schiff a scumbag, etc.) Jordan says heckler has to go, after having been given several warnings.

Schiff: "Those comments about Ralph Nader are way out of line."
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Meanwhile, outside the hearing room.... (!)

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

One of the victim's advocates has twice interrupted Dem members as they are questioning their Dem witnessed and said something along the lines of "We're here to represent New Yorkers and we're not being given a chance to respond!"

Yes, she is upset because Dem members are not asking her questions.

Jordan continues to assure her that she will get a chance to respond to Rep questions. Except, all the R's are generally using their time to make their points--with just one question going to a witness (which D's are also doing).

Jordan says that when Dems had House last session, they never brought up gun control legislation. What. A. Dick.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Two more interruptions from the witnesses:

"Why do they always blame the gun and not the shooter?"

"We're not pawns!"
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Dan Goldman pointing out that he and Nadler are the only two Jews in the House from NY.

He points out that one of the R members earlier in the hearing referred to Bradd as "Soros-backed".

He asks the Jewish witness if he (the witness) thinks that using Soros's name in this way is anti-semitic. The witness (called by the R's--he's the one who earlier called out "why do they blame the guns?") skirts the answer, trying to get in points about other topics.

Goldman gives him a few seconds before asking to reclaim his time. Then he points to a large photo of a sign that greeted him that morning outside Javitz. I'll try to grab a screen shot lately, but I glimpsed the Star of David and something else. He asks the witness, "Is this anti-Semitic?"

Witness says, "Absolutely; it's despicable."

Give all the points to Goldman, right now.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Hearing room.
Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 11.50.24 AM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 11.50.24 AM.png (172.06 KiB) Viewed 2554 times
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Jordan has taken a power. Stefanik at the gavel.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Unknown R member speaking.

"Black lives don't matter."

Okay.

His mic is off and he doesn't know it so we're only getting his racism like a faint whisper.

Bragg is a disgrace and a danger to this country.

This dude remembers the original point of the field hearing.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I think it's over. I"ve lost my stream and it's not listed on c-span anymore.

Anyway, here is Dan Goldman when he asked the R witness if the sign that greeted them outside Javitz (!) that morning was anti-semitic.
Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 12.46.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2023-04-17 at 12.46.33 PM.png (152.63 KiB) Viewed 2515 times
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

So it was Troy Nehls who was the Black Guys Don't Matter*guy, who sounded throughout as if he was from the Tennessee State House.

*I've gotta go back and see if he really said this--I still can't believe it.

Here he is with the "right to kill" bit that followed.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Brava, portia! Loved your limerick!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Same thing when people molest young wrestlers. If nobody reports them to the police.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Jordan has abandoned even any pretense of proof of his statements, resorting to mgt and Boebert levels. Of course. What's the lie Jordan? Why does the VA and various other authorities disagree with you? Is that single word all you got?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “Current Politics”