Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Misc Dominion Warnings Actions & Lawsuits - OAN, Chanel Rion, Christina Bobb, Patrick Byrne, Newsmax - $1.6 Billion

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
somerset

Re: Misc Dominion Warnings Actions & Lawsuits - OAN, Chanel Rion, Christina Bobb, Patrick Byrne, Newsmax - $1.6 Billion

Post by somerset »

northland10 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 10:13 pm So, ignoring litigation privilege like the "lawyer" did, he is still taking statements from a case in Arizona (or DC, I am not entirely sure which) and the act of filing a lawsuit and, in turn, is filing for a plaintiff in Ohio a defamation case in, Tennessee.

This crazy attorneys are getting wilder. GIL needs to up his game. Suing Fitton for something Roger Stone said is bush league stuff now.

About the attorney. Among his accomplishments
Drafted, argued and won Motion for Summary Judgment in a premises liability dog bite case filed against a HOA management company involving a Pit Bull named King.
Oh goody. I missed having dog bite attorneys.
Is a mailbox attorney considered better than a roadside trailer attorney? Or is it the other way around?

;)

https://goinpostalbrentwood.com/collect ... box-rental
Chilidog

Re: Misc Dominion Warnings Actions & Lawsuits - OAN, Chanel Rion, Christina Bobb, Patrick Byrne, Newsmax - $1.6 Billion

Post by Chilidog »

i thought a “Lincoln Lawyer” was the best.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

We had a "barking dog" lawyer in the first firm I worked. His case was about barking dogs being a nuisance. :biggrin: He won! :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 11:06 am We had a "barking dog" lawyer in the first firm I worked. His case was about barking dogs being a nuisance. :biggrin: He won! :biggrin:
Could I get a reference? My neighbor has a couple loud dogs that give me a headache. Jk
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Dogbite Jensen was Roger Stone's first #StopTheSteal lawyer. :P

It's just shocking that the Orly Taitz hasn't jumped in, she could clearly prove a rock solid case against Dominion as a civil rights decedent attorney. Her huge winning judgment could pay for so many audits. She'd be a national hero and be back on TOP! This is her golden opportunity, election law is her specialty and donors should flock to her winning track record. She could end up with a Fox News show like Justice with Lawyer Orly. It's already upsetting she didn't run for CA Governor, that was perfect -- but filing a huge class-action case against Dominion (with her renowned knowledge of class action law) would not only bankrupt Dominion, but also would provide a glorious opportunity to discuss Harrison J. Bournel, the SSN, her unfinished business with Damon Dunn, and so much more. She could bring back the dossiers! Maybe even help Arizona decertify the election by suing the Electoral College again. Orly should bring back Taitz Report on YouTube for daily donor and case updates. The only worry would be if Dominion tampers with her car and there were HOT COMBUSTIBLE FUMES putting her young children at risk. But those are the sacrifices Patriots must make!

I call upon my supporter to DEMAND Taitz SUE Dominion! Maybe Capt. Pamela Barnett and Chito Papa could encourage her. This is clearly an emergency so, Realist, please, call to, the Orly Taitz:

In case of emergency, call 949-683-5411.
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

OAN settled, reportedly ran a thirty second spot acknowledging that they were very, very bad.
OAN Finally Admits ‘No Widespread Voter Fraud’ After Settling Defamation Suit

The right-wing cable network One America News Network on Monday ran a pre-recorded 30-second segment acknowledging that there was “no widespread voter fraud” by Georgia election workers in the 2020 presidential election. The segment appears to be part of a recent settlement relating to a defamation lawsuit brought against the network by two such workers.

The segment notes that an investigation by state officials into unsubstantiated claims of widespread voter fraud made by ex-President Donald Trump and Rudy Giuliani turned up nothing. “The results of this investigation indicate that Ruby Freeman and Wandrea ‘Shaye’ Moss did not engage in ballot fraud or criminal misconduct,” a narrator states.
:snippity:
https://www.thedailybeast.com/oan-final ... on-lawsuit
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I hope they have to continue playing it, like hourly for the next three months. Ok, I'll settle for twice a day but during their biggest shows.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

This is a horseshit settlement.

They prerecord some 30-second spot saying they were naughty, and they regret their naughtiness. It is like making a fourth grader write on the blackboard 50 times, "I will not shoot a spitwad at Miss Finch."

No, these statements should be live. They should be broadcast at the start of each and every program, and again at the half-hour. And these talking heads should explain why they said what they said. And this should go on for as long as they promoted their lies.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

10th Circuit agrees with dismissal of election lawsuit against Dominion

By MICHAEL KARLIK
May 27, 2022 Updated

The federal appeals court based in Denver has agreed with a trial judge's decision dismissing a lawsuit that claimed the 2020 election was rigged by Dominion Voting Systems, Facebook and others.

Eight voters from across the country filed a lawsuit after the 2020 presidential election alleging various types of election interference and seeking $160 billion in damages. In April 2021, U.S. Magistrate Judge N. Reid Neureiter dismissed the case after finding the plaintiffs had no standing, which requires a specific injury attributable to the defendants.

Claims of election fraud have failed to withstand scrutiny. The Associated Press reported in December that out of more than 25 million votes cast in six battleground states in 2020 — not including Colorado — there were fewer than 500 cases of voter fraud, far too few to influence the outcome.

Neureiter also imposed sanctions on the lawyers who brought the lawsuit, labeling the unsubstantiated allegations of fraud as "the stuff of which violent insurrections are made."

A three-judge panel of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit upheld Neureiter's dismissal order on Friday, without addressing the specific claims in the lawsuit.

"Accordingly, no matter how strongly plaintiffs believe that defendants violated voters’ rights in the 2020 election, they lack standing to pursue this litigation unless they identify an injury to themselves that is distinct or different from the alleged injury to other registered voters," wrote Judge Timothy M. Tymkovich in the panel's May 27 order.

https://www.coloradopolitics.com/courts ... 10503.html
Tiredretiredlawyer

:groupdance: :dog: :popcorn: :waiting:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Misc Dominion Warnings Actions & Lawsuits - OAN, Chanel Rion, Christina Bobb, Patrick Byrne, Newsmax - $1.6 Billion

Post by northland10 »

In the Dominion v OAN, Rion, Herrings, etc., the defendants filed a Motion to Dismiss or transfer based on the Colorado River doctrine and personal jurisdiction. DC Federal Court judge Nichols told the defendants, denied.

https://ecf.dcd.uscourts.gov/cgi-bin/sh ... 1cv2130-56

A few times, he points out where the defendants' attorneys fumbled the ball.
Not so. When asked to provide their best evidence for the proposition that Dominion and Coomer are the same party, counsel for Defendants responded, “My best argument for that is that Dr. Coomer says he is Dominion.” Id. at 68:17–21. Coomer may have said that, but his saying it does not make it so. After all, Coomer is no longer an employee of Dominion.
Yet Defendants did not even try to show that Dominion could have properly filed this suit in Colorado. For starters, Defendants’ opening brief offers zero analysis on whether a Colorado court could exercise personal jurisdiction over them.
Defendants also do not devote a single sentence—in either their opening brief or their reply—to the question of venue (NL10 -this was mentioned in a section discussing jurisdiction).
Putting aside whether OAN may have forfeited this argument by not presenting it in its briefs,...
101010 :towel:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

OAN filed an Amended Countersuit against Dominion. They say Dominion has become a "professional litigant" and are taking advantage of an aw-shucks family company.
3. Counterclaim Defendants have managed to position themselves as purported crusaders for democracy while generating a financial windfall from Fox through litigation and distracting the public from the well-documented history of very real problems with Dominion voting machines, software, and technology. It’s a clever trick — Counterclaim Defendants have turned core political speech earnestly criticizing them into a valuable return on investment for Staple Street.
85 May 5, 2023 AMENDED COUNTERCLAIM /THIRD-PARTY COMPLAINT against AT&T SERVICES, INC., DOMINION VOTING SYSTEMS CORPORATION, DOMINION VOTING SYSTEMS, INC., WILLIAM KENNARD, STAPLE STREET CAPITAL LLC, US DOMINION, INC. filed by ROBERT HERRING, SR., CHARLES HERRING, CHANEL RION, HERRING NETWORKS, INC.. (Attachments: # 1 Exhibit A, # 2 Exhibit B, # 3 Exhibit C, # 4 Exhibit D, # 5 Exhibit E, # 6 Exhibit F, # 7 Exhibit G, # 8 Exhibit H, # 9 Exhibit I, # 10 Exhibit J, # 11 Exhibit K, # 12 Exhibit L, # 13 Exhibit M, # 14 Exhibit N, # 15 Exhibit O, # 16 Exhibit P)(Kimrey, Blaine) (Entered: 05/05/2023)

47 oages. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 5.85.0.pdf
Docket: https://www.courtlistener.com/docket/60 ... c#entry-85
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

A family company? Then they surely will not oppose discovery and show the shareholders ;)
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

ONAN believes it should be able to spill its poisonous seed without consequences.

The complaint is too long and I am too unlawyerly for a short prècis but my impression of it is "waaahhh!!! not fair on us! we should be able to lie freely and spread hate!"

Perhaps some details of confidential agreements were leaked, oh big deal, news organizations should be in favor of openness.

Non-disparagement clauses must be tricky. I imagine there is some interesting case law. When the other party commits disparagement by telling the truth, perhaps the first party should look to itself?
Tiredretiredlawyer

Sam the Centipede wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:33 am
The complaint is too long and I am too unlawyerly for a short prècis but my impression of it is "waaahhh!!! not fair on us! we should be able to lie freely and spread hate!"
The Centipede can talk French!!! :clap:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

:confuzzled: Is prècis not a word in AmE? Or is my grave accent un peu prétentieux? Ou autre chose?

Now, as for the tautology of a short prècis
Tiredretiredlawyer

I am impressed by your language skills both French and English. :lovestruck:
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 12:09 pm :confuzzled: Is prècis not a word in AmE? Or is my grave accent un peu prétentieux? Ou autre chose?

Now, as for the tautology of a short prècis
I always thought it was accent aigu (acute). I always pronounced it like pray-see. We had to do précis in high school English, so it should be in the lexicon.
I ended up taking freshman English 4 years. I really never bothered to show up.
With a grave accent the pronunciation sounds odd.
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

The way I always remembered the accented e pronunciation is accent aigu the first syllable of aigu is pronounced like a in hay, which is how I was taught to pronounce é. Accent Grave, if I remember right is pronounced like the e in bet. I never got accent circumflex ê pronunciation right.
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Sorry for hijack. I learned to pronounce unaccented e sorta like woof somewhat nasal.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Off Topic
Reddog wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 5:49 pm Accent Grave, if I remember right is pronounced like the e in bet. I never got accent circumflex ê pronunciation right.
Accent circumflex indicates that somewhere in the distant past, there used to be an 's' after the e.

Thus 'beste noire' became 'bête noire', etc.
Reddog

Post by Reddog »

Ahh, makes perfect sense.
Je suis tres bête.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”