Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Fashion!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Fashion!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:18 pm Have you seen Sugar Magnolia's creations using Target shopping bags (I kid you not)? :shock:
Yes! New York Fashion Week should have included her too.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Whatever4

Fashion!

Post by Whatever4 »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:18 pm Have you seen Sugar Magnolia's creations using Target shopping bags (I kid you not)? :shock:
:gotalink:
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
SuzieC
Verified:

Fashion!

Post by SuzieC »

https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fastbr ... wembanyama

A different kind of fashion report: the 2023 NBA draft class. Young Victor Wembanyana blew everyone else away. Since he is French, my son commented that his suit was probably custom tailored by a French fashion designer. (It was Louis Vuitton.) The kid from Kansas said his jacket was inspired by Dorothy's red shoes.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Fashion!

All right!!!!!! Pharrell Williams has designed a collection for Louis Vuitton.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pharrel ... 24788.html
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Fashion!

Post by Slim Cognito »

SuzieC wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 1:37 pm https://www.si.com/fannation/nba/fastbr ... wembanyama

A different kind of fashion report: the 2023 NBA draft class. Young Victor Wembanyana blew everyone else away. Since he is French, my son commented that his suit was probably custom tailored by a French fashion designer. (It was Louis Vuitton.) The kid from Kansas said his jacket was inspired by Dorothy's red shoes.
Love it. Not a faux pas in the bunch. Well, the leopard print maybe, but the kid has the stuff to pull it off so I give him a pass. Honestly, I'd wear it if I thought I could pull it off. I also like the red jacket. Cant wear it to a wedding but the red carpet, yes indeedy.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Fashion!

Post by Slim Cognito »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Jun 23, 2023 6:06 pm All right!!!!!! Pharrell Williams has designed a collection for Louis Vuitton.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pharrel ... 24788.html
Not as good as the NBA newbies, but he'll get there.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer

Fashion!

https://www.thezoereport.com/culture/an ... arte-dress
I only posted the first dress. The second wasn't as interesting even though it had poppies.
Anne Hathaway Surprised Guests At The 2023 CFDA Awards With An Outfit Change

On Monday night, Hathaway arrived at the American Museum of Natural History in New York, where the event took place, wearing a fresh-off-the-runway denim set from Ralph Lauren’s Spring/Summer 2024 collection. She accessorized the unique two-piece look with Bvlgari jewelry, including a dazzling diamond necklace and equally glitzy earrings, as well as silver Jimmy Choo heels.
f1c25e06-98fc-42fb-a243-cc9557cef3d5-5b79266d-0eb7-4a81-a245-76155d4d2faf-getty-1779443451.jpeg
f1c25e06-98fc-42fb-a243-cc9557cef3d5-5b79266d-0eb7-4a81-a245-76155d4d2faf-getty-1779443451.jpeg (241.67 KiB) Viewed 5269 times
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Fashion!

Post by Slim Cognito »

I LOVE it!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Fashion!

Post by Foggy »

Umm ... I has a fashion question.

Over in the sportsball threads, which you can't see unless you go to your UCP and join the Sports Fans usergroup, we have an individual whose alma mater is Western Michigan University, in the lovely city of (I got a gal in) Kalamazoo. And he seems to think brown and gold are bad school colors or sumpin'.

This is the brown This is the gold

Those are the exact hex values, I got them from the school itself and I know your computer monitor isn't correctly configured for exact color values, but close enough.

Here's a photo of a Western Michigan football player.
wmu.png
wmu.png (202.83 KiB) Viewed 5224 times
I think they look pretty good, but I defer to the actual fashion experts. Do the Broncos need new colors? :batting:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Fashion!

Love those colors! Great horse (broncos) colors - brown body with gold mane and tail!

Some folks just don't like brown.
53abeb851f7a177a07bbe2fc57ea0656.jpg
53abeb851f7a177a07bbe2fc57ea0656.jpg (27.95 KiB) Viewed 5222 times
Foggy
Dick Tater

Fashion!

Post by Foggy »

I like brown. I would wear those colors. I would ride that horsie, too also. :batting:
RVInit

Fashion!

Post by RVInit »

I love those colors together. It's a sophisticated looking combination which is outside the norm for sports team colors and probably seems off to many sports fans.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Fashion!

Post by bill_g »

Could be a difference in eyeballs. What we see as clearly distinct may appear very similar and therefore indistinct to someone. Color blindness for red and green is well known. There may be other sight color impairments less studied.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Fashion!

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I likes em
Foggy
Dick Tater

Fashion!

Post by Foggy »

It's interesting, now that I think about it, that TRL immediately thought of that horse she posted, after looking at the colors. Because their team name is the Broncos.
A bronco is a horse that has a tendency to buck, or kick out its rear legs, especially when someone tries to ride it.
So maybe the authorities at the school chose the brown because many (most?) horsies are brown themselves. And as proof that the colors are horse-related, look again at the photo of the magnificent brown horsie in TRL's post - the brown looks mighty fine on that steed, and it's almost the same color as the one WMU uses.

Things that make me go hmm ... :think:
MsDaisy 2
Occupation: Retired Medic and a Grandma (AKA Moppie) until I die
Verified:

Fashion!

Post by MsDaisy 2 »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:53 am Love those colors! Great horse (broncos) colors - brown body with gold mane and tail!

Some folks just don't like brown.
53abeb851f7a177a07bbe2fc57ea0656.jpg
He's (she's) beautiful!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Fashion!

Post by Slim Cognito »

LOVE. IT!
AndyinPA
Verified:

Fashion!

Post by AndyinPA »

I can't thin of a color that doesn't go with gold. Yellow, maybe?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater

Fashion!

Post by Foggy »

I have trouble envisioning orange and gold. 'Course, my favorite is cardinal and gold. Image
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Fashion!

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:01 pm I have trouble envisioning orange and gold. 'Course, my favorite is cardinal and gold. Image
Just project a former guy in a golden T branded jump suit :twisted:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Fashion!

Post by Foggy »

No thank you very much. Mental image rejected for excess toxicity. :cantlook:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Fashion!

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 10:19 am It's interesting, now that I think about it, that TRL immediately thought of that horse she posted, after looking at the colors. Because their team name is the Broncos.
A bronco is a horse that has a tendency to buck, or kick out its rear legs, especially when someone tries to ride it.
So maybe the authorities at the school chose the brown because many (most?) horsies are brown themselves. And as proof that the colors are horse-related, look again at the photo of the magnificent brown horsie in TRL's post - the brown looks mighty fine on that steed, and it's almost the same color as the one WMU uses.

Things that make me go hmm ... :think:
The colors were brown and gold long before the school changed its mascot from Hilltoppers to Broncos in the 1930s to avoid confusion with Western Kentucky. Maybe they changed to the Broncos because they already had brown and gold and the broncos matched that color.

One of the stories is that the secretary of the first president saw the brown-eyed susans in bloom and loved it so much she suggested it to the president.
Now, in defense of that individual on the other thread, I don't know if he dislikes the colors as much though he did mock it as much as his classmates back in the day. You can't deny they just happen to be the same color as 2 bodily functions.

Maybe they were rebelling against.

It is rather bland.

Also, soon after that individuals time at WMU, brown had become very much out of style and uniforms ended up looking like:
The primary color is not brown but black.

On a side note, number 13 in the photo ended up becoming the coach of WMU later. He was fired last year.

The individual in the other thread is probably a bit of a creature of his time and was into using black more than brown. That said, I have it on good authority he is more comfortable with the brown now. However, they are still bodily function colors.
101010 :towel:
northland10

Fashion!

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:01 pm I have trouble envisioning orange and gold. 'Course, my favorite is cardinal and gold. Image
northland10

Fashion!

Post by northland10 »

However, in the long run, the greatest travesties in football fashion not created by Oregon are places like,

LA Rams

And that day I turned on the TV and screamed... OH MY EYES!!!!
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Fashion!

Post by keith »

northland10 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:52 pm However, in the long run, the greatest travesties in football fashion not created by Oregon are places like,

LA Rams

And that day I turned on the TV and screamed... OH MY EYES!!!!
Has everybody heard about the bird?

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”