Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Fashion!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Fashion!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.elle.com/fashion/celebrity- ... sses-2021/

In my next life I shall be tall and able to wear this dress.
elle-fanning-golden-globes-gatrell-032-1614605039.jpg
elle-fanning-golden-globes-gatrell-032-1614605039.jpg (19.12 KiB) Viewed 24970 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Estiveo
Verified:

Re: Fashion!

Post by Estiveo »

I'm tall, and I couldn't wear that...wait. Never mind.
Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:24 am https://www.elle.com/fashion/celebrity- ... sses-2021/

You want to be anorexic in your next life? ;)
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Not to be a total bitch, but what was Maya Rudolph thinking?!?
43C0DE1B-FF8A-4352-A875-602615B0474A.jpeg
43C0DE1B-FF8A-4352-A875-602615B0474A.jpeg (26.59 KiB) Viewed 24954 times
I have nothing good to say about this. I...I... nope, nothing.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:24 am https://www.elle.com/fashion/celebrity- ... sses-2021/

That thing in her hand is the COVID-19 mask, amirite?
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I think it's a snood.
Image Image Image Image
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Well, then she’s wearing it all wrong! She doesn’t have all that much hair.

It’s not even a mumu, which has a certain style. This is a car cover. 🤭

ETA: oh, you were talking about the Fanning dress. :oops:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Kate520 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:46 am Not to be a total bitch, but what was Maya Rudolph thinking?!?
Some actresses have no fashion sense whatsoever. Patricia Arquette is another actress who also makes me cringe at her appearance at most award shows. Honest to God, there are fashion consultants who could do wonders for these folks! Don't these folks see themselves on the Worst Dressed lists often enough to want to do something about it?
Mrich

Post by Mrich »

From the website of the fabulous and opinionated Tom and Lorenzo, here are some fashion pictures from the Golden Globe awards:

Part 1:
https://tomandlorenzo.com/2021/03/golde ... -part-one/

Part 2:
https://tomandlorenzo.com/2021/03/golde ... -part-two/
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

I'm so glad I'm a dude. With that outfit, not only is there the dress to trip over, now it has a chic thingamabob to increase tripping opportunities. I can walk around with untied shoes and all is well, but going up stairs in a cassock is tempting death.
101010 :towel:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Mrich wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:31 pm From the website of the fabulous and opinionated Tom and Lorenzo, here are some fashion pictures from the Golden Globe awards:

Part 1:
https://tomandlorenzo.com/2021/03/golde ... -part-one/

Part 2:
https://tomandlorenzo.com/2021/03/golde ... -part-two/
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Tiredretiredlawyer

northland10 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:58 pm

I'm so glad I'm a dude. With that outfit, not only is there the dress to trip over, now it has a chic thingamabob to increase tripping opportunities. I can walk around with untied shoes and all is well, but going up stairs in a cassock is tempting death.
Fashion is power. Women get looked at many more times than men. To get looked gives you power over that man during that time. Think Jessica Rabbit.

I remember specifically the time when younger men stopped looking. It becomes such an ingrained recognition you notice it only when it stops.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

As I've noted before, I'm Edith Head's biggest fan. One of my favorite movies is To Catch a Thief, possibly just to watch the unforgettable Grace Kelly float through several of Ms Head's best creations.* This one will always make me catch my breath.
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (79.38 KiB) Viewed 24841 times
Note, Ms Kelly isn't wearing any conspicuous jewelry, possibly diamond or pearl studs. The dress has it covered.

I prefer the scarf draped this way.
► Show Spoiler

*Not that there are any bad ones.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Gorgeous draped in the second photo!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Tiredretiredlawyer

Second view is the best with that see through draping.😻
Tiredretiredlawyer

The ugly side of a fashion house. The Fashion Law Institute at Fordham Law School represents the bloggers in the U.S.

https://www.nydailynews.com/snyde/ny-do ... story.html
Dolce & Gabbana files $600 million lawsuit against 2 fashion bloggers who exposed racist messages from founder

The suit argues that posts from Diet Prada, which exposed racist messages from founder Stefano Gabbana’s Instagram account in 2018, cost the luxury Italian fashion house millions in revenue.

Dolce & Gabbana filed the lawsuit in Milan in 2019, but it was not publicly known until Thursday when Diet Prada, a popular fashion blog run by Tony Liu and Lindsey Schuyler, posted about it.

The fashion house was heavily criticized in November 2018 when it released an advertisement that mocked Chinese culture ahead of a fashion show in Shanghai. Dolce & Gabbana canceled the show and removed the ad after people on both sides of the Pacific slammed it as racist.

Just before the Shanghai show was called off, Diet Prada reposted racist Instagram messages from Stefano Gabbana’s account, one of which simply read: “China Ignorant Dirty Smelling Mafia.”

Dolce & Gabbana publicly apologized for the ad, but claimed Stefano Gabbana’s Instagram account had been hacked and said he was not the one who sent the racist messages to Tranova.
Tiredretiredlawyer

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/style-beau ... mmys-2021/
The 18 Best- and Worst-Dressed Celebs at the 2021 Grammys
Tom + Lorenzo spill the tea. Find out who rocked the red carpet—and who didn’t.

doja-cat-attends-the-63rd-annual-grammy-awards-at-los-news-photo-1615768055.jpeg
doja-cat-attends-the-63rd-annual-grammy-awards-at-los-news-photo-1615768055.jpeg (115.23 KiB) Viewed 24648 times
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

She looks like a giant feather duster. Complete with hand grips.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

My first thought on looking at this photo was--she's wearing a Grammy as a hat?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

From the Grammys. My opinion: Fitted sheets as a fashion statement.

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:17 am As I've noted before, I'm Edith Head's biggest fan. One of my favorite movies is To Catch a Thief, possibly just to watch the unforgettable Grace Kelly float through several of Ms Head's best creations.* This one will always make me catch my breath.

Untitled.png

Note, Ms Kelly isn't wearing any conspicuous jewelry, possibly diamond or pearl studs. The dress has it covered.

She didn't need any bling. She was simply drop-dead gorgeous.

And, that is a good movie.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

noblepa wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:48 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:17 am As I've noted before, I'm Edith Head's biggest fan. One of my favorite movies is To Catch a Thief, possibly just to watch the unforgettable Grace Kelly float through several of Ms Head's best creations.* This one will always make me catch my breath.

Untitled.png

She didn't need any bling. She was simply drop-dead gorgeous.

And, that is a good movie.
Heart-stopping.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:42 pm From the Grammys. My opinion: Fitted sheets as a fashion statement.

Oh my.

My personal style is Janis Joplin's Pearl persona, but when it comes to evening gowns, I like them sleek and simple. And the old standards are still the best, little black dresses and long flowing gowns (see Ms Kelly above). These outfits are like old high school yearbook photos 20 years later - "WTF was I thinking?"
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 3:42 pm From the Grammys. My opinion: Fitted sheets as a fashion statement.

I don't know if it's my computer making the colour of the sheets change subtly so that they don't match the body of the dress, or if that's deliberately done by the designer, but I don't like it.

Also, her hair looks as if it belongs on a modest little early Victorian spinster, with those dangly bits of hair. See Winterhalter's 1842 portrait of Queen Victoria.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”