Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Fashion!

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Fashion!

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Wow, sugar is our very own "White Trash Queen"!!! I am impressed, sugar. We need pics! :biggrin:

Keith, I agree that the choreography shows the wearability and comfort of the suits.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sugar magnolia

Fashion!

Post by sugar magnolia »

These are the 2 that went to DC.
Attachments
trashionWedding.jpg
trashionWedding.jpg (46.59 KiB) Viewed 5434 times
trashionSteampunk.jpg
trashionSteampunk.jpg (20.34 KiB) Viewed 5434 times
Annrc
Verified:

Fashion!

Post by Annrc »

Love it. You are so talented.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Fashion!

Post by Phoenix520 »

Love them both! The Steampunk… :faint:

(Is your daughter a model for one?)
Tiredretiredlawyer

Fashion!

Brava!!!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sugar magnolia

Fashion!

Post by sugar magnolia »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:37 am Love them both! The Steampunk… :faint:

(Is your daughter a model for one?)
She's in the wedding dress.

The steampunk may be my favorite ever. The garbage bag sleeves were so leather-like people didn't believe they were plastic. I even used the "leather" for trim around the coat, the ruffles around the neck line, and feathers on the hat. The dress and coat were paper lawn clipping bags and pleated maps. The base of the hat was a beer carton. I've probably done a total of close to 3 dozen dresses and I have photos of about 5 of them.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Fashion!

Post by Phoenix520 »

Thought so. What’s the globe? Is it a disco ball purse?
sugar magnolia

Fashion!

Post by sugar magnolia »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 12:19 pm Thought so. What’s the globe? Is it a disco ball purse?
It's rolled up newspaper Sunday comics glued to half-round take out container covers. It even opens and closes! The closure was a bottle cap and balloon.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Fashion!

Post by Phoenix520 »

:lovestruck: :lovestruck:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Fashion!

Post by Slim Cognito »

Love, love, love them.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Lani

Fashion!

Post by Lani »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:39 pm Love, love, love them.
:yeahthat: :lovestruck:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Fashion!

Post by mojosapien »

Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Tiredretiredlawyer

Fashion!

https://www.treehugger.com/report-unfit ... le-6833564
Report Outlines How to Fix the Fashion Industry's Enormous Emissions Problem

The Hot or Cool Institute says there's greater value in lifestyle changes than technological innovation.

The problem, however, is that many of us are doing too much of this. The fashion industry is one of the biggest global emitters of greenhouse gases, even according to the most conservative estimates. In Europe, it is the fourth largest contributor to those emissions after housing, transport, and food. The fashion industry is well on its way to doubling its emissions by 2030, and if no decarbonization actions are taken, will be emitting 2.7 billion tonnes of CO2e by that same year. Continuing at that rate, it could use over a quarter of the world's carbon budget by 2050.1

A new report from the Hot or Cool Institute, titled "Unfit, Unfair, Unfashionable: Resizing Fashion for a Fair Consumption Space," analyzes the fashion situation in G20 countries. Recognizing that "global emissions must be reduced by 45-55% by 2030 if we are to have a 50% chance to stay below 1.5 degrees warming," its authors present an "equity-based footprint target" for per-capita fashion consumption for 2030.1

The report strives to fill a knowledge gap that exists in the current climate scenarios relating to fashion. Most research focuses on technology-based solutions to mitigating the problem while disregarding or downplaying the role of lifestyle changes. But this report shows that personal changes do make a difference and that many common "eco-friendly" practices, such as donating secondhand clothes to the developing world, may have a net-negative effect.

The Necessity of Less
Fashion consumption is profoundly unequal among and within countries. The richest 20% of Britons emit 83% above the 1.5-degree target, while 74% of Indonesians live below sufficiency consumption levels for fashion. People in the richest G20 countries (Australia, Canada, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, U.K., U.S.) must reduce their fashion-related footprints by an average of 60% by 2030 in order to stay on track for the 1.5-degree target. Upper-middle-income countries (Argentina, Brazil, China, Mexico, Russia, South Africa, Turkey) must reduce theirs by over 40%.1

Tiredretiredlawyer

Fashion!

https://deadline.com/gallery/peoples-ch ... -carpet-5/
People’s Choice Awards 2022 Red Carpet Photos: Ryan Reynolds, Sarah Michelle Gellar, ‘RHOBH’ Stars & More

MAB_5351_kindlephoto-11335373.jpg
MAB_5351_kindlephoto-11335373.jpg (199.67 KiB) Viewed 5279 times
IMG_3713.JPG
IMG_3713.JPG (32.23 KiB) Viewed 5276 times
Phoenix520
Verified:

Fashion!

Post by Phoenix520 »

Love that emerald green suit.

Ive been following an account on the tok called couture_fantasy. She’s turned me into a big fan of the Chinese haute couture designer Guo Pei. There’s an exhibit of Guo Pei’s absolutely incredible art couture at the Bowers museum which I’m going to see next month. I’ll post some pics when I get home.

https://www.bowers.org/index.php/curren ... of-couture
Tiredretiredlawyer

Fashion!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!
Tiredretiredlawyer

Fashion!

I am now obsessed!!! Here are some of Guo Pei's classic designs.

https://guo-pei.squarespace.com/classic
Tiredretiredlawyer

Fashion!

75 photos!!!!!!! Check out Cher and Bob Mackie in 1974!!!
https://people.com/style/best-met-gala- ... -all-time/
The Best Met Gala Looks of All Time

The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute Gala is basically the Oscars of the fashion industry. Usually held each year on the first Monday in May, the biggest names in screen, music, modeling and more collaborate with the top fashion houses on one-of-a-kind looks — and the photos taken on the Met steps live on forever in style history. The Costume Institute's famous event is returning on May 2. This year's show "In America: An Anthology of Fashion," is part two of a yearlong exhibit about the power of American Fashion. (Part one, "In America: A Lexicon of Fashion," marked the post pandemic return of the gala last September.) As for this year's "gilded glamour" dress code, we're bound to see stars pull out all the high-fashion stops. Read on to reminisce about some of fashion prom's most iconic outfits — ever!
Tiredretiredlawyer

Fashion!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/wed ... r-AA16I4cv
Jill Biden to present Inauguration Day dresses at the Smithsonian

First lady Jill Biden will present both her Inauguration Day ensembles at the Smithsonian’s National Museum of American History on Wednesday, the White House announced, as part of the museum’s First Ladies Collection exhibition.

Biden wore two separate outfits on Inauguration Day 2021, CNN Style reported at the time. For the inauguration ceremony, she wore a blue tweed coat with velvet cuffs and a dress embellished with Swarovski crystals with a matching face mask, from Colorado-born Alexandra O’Neill of American label Markarian.

“It is an incredible honor to dress Dr. Biden today,” O’Neill said in a statement to CNN Style at the time. “I am so humbled to be even a small part of American history.”

For the inauguration concert later in the evening, the first lady wore an all-white outfit comprising a dress, coat and matching white gloves by Chloé creative director, Uruguay-born Gabriela Hearst.

Biden, along with designers O’Neill and Hearst, will deliver remarks as part of the program, according to the White House.

Presenting the first lady’s inauguration ensembles at the Smithsonian is a tradition dating back to Helen Taft in 1912.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Fashion!

Post by RTH10260 »

add-on
The First Ladies

Susan and Elihu Rose Gallery

The First Ladies explores the unofficial but important position of first lady and the ways that different women have shaped the role to make their own contributions to the presidential administrations and the nation. The exhibition features more than two dozen gowns from the Smithsonian’s almost 100-year old First Ladies Collection, including those worn by Frances Cleveland, Lou Hoover, Jacqueline Kennedy, Laura Bush, and Michelle Obama. A section titled “Changing Times, Changing First Ladies” highlights the roles played by Dolley Madison, Mary Lincoln, Edith Roosevelt, and Lady Bird Johnson and their contributions to their husband’s administrations. The First Ladies encourages visitors to consider the changing role played by the first lady and American women over the past 200 years.

The First Ladies at the Smithsonian website chronicles the history of the display of first ladies' gowns at the Smithsonian and includes many images of dresses and other items in the collection.

https://americanhistory.si.edu/exhibitions/first-ladies
Tiredretiredlawyer

Fashion!

https://www.insider.com/brit-awards-mos ... er-smith-8
The most daring outfits celebrities wore at the 2023 Brit Awards
Lots of photos! My favorite is Lizzo's dark green metal ruched gown with golden flared stand-up collar and cape. She is beautiful in it.

She looks like she has lost some weight and I pondered if she wanted to, and, if so, would that affect her fan base.

There are two "baby coming" tummies outed in this article, one in a red outfit, the other in teal.

There are some spider eyes that almost surpass Orly Taitz's. Have fun finding them!
Phoenix520
Verified:

Fashion!

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’d like to see Orly in those spider eyes. :lol:

Sam Smith - a big NOPE for me. He looks like a chess piece from Alice in Wonderland.

Yes to both baby bumps.

Selma Hayek looks fierce.

Lizzo is brave and bold with fashion.

Harry Styles looks damn fine.

Thanks, trl!
RVInit

Fashion!

Post by RVInit »

Oh man, I love Ava Kolker's polka dot dress. That is divine. DOMi and JD Beck's duds are just fun, fun, fun. I admire the "I refuse to take myself too seriously". But I think the looks work. Kelsea Ballerini is just gorgeous in that yellow dress. Not everyone can pull of wearing yellow, it requires very specific skin color and tone not to look just sallow in yellow. She is drop dead gorgeous in that dress. Laverne Cox rocks her dress.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer

Fashion!

Florence Pugh's orange and Cynthia Erivo's copper are my favorites plus the guy candy.

https://www.vogue.com/slideshow/2023-ba ... ty-fashion
SuzieC
Verified:

Fashion!

Post by SuzieC »

I thought Cate Blanchett looked stunning. As for the guys, I will just say Rege-Jean Page. The end.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”