Alex Jones - Alexander Emerick Jones "I’m so sick of fu*king Tr*mp*"

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Jim

Re: Alex Jones - Alexander Emerick Jones "I’m so sick of fu*king Tr*mp*"

Post by Jim »

northland10 wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 2:46 pm So, he wants the fines put on hold, and then what, he skips out on the 11th?
Nope. Fines will keep accruing until he sits for depo and will be dropped AFTER the depo is done. That would be my guess.
Lani

Post by Lani »

HARTFORD, Conn. (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Conspiracy theorist Alex Jones was questioned April 6 by lawyers for families of Sandy Hook victims in Connecticut, where a judge had ordered the Infowars host to face mounting fines until he appeared for a deposition.

Relatives of some of the 20 children and six educators killed in the 2012 Newtown, Connecticut, massacre sued Jones for defamation after he said the shooting never happened. A judge found Jones liable for damages and a trial on how much he should pay the families is set for August.

Jones, who lives in Texas, had defied a judge's order to appear for a deposition in the case, saying he was too ill. But Connecticut Judge Barbara Bellis said there wasn't enough evidence that Jones was too sick to attend and ordered him to come to Connecticut for questioning and pay escalating daily fines until he did so. Jones paid $25,000 in fines for Friday and $50,000 in fines for Monday, according to court records.

A spokesperson for the families and their lawyers at Bridgeport-based Koskoff, Koskoff & Bieder declined to comment on the deposition Wednesday.
:snippity:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/alex- ... 75b8495226
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Judge Bellis previously took Mr Jones’ show into consideration when denying his request to delay the deposition last week, noting that he was seemingly well enough to continue broadcasting his hours-long show - leaving his home on at least one occasion to travel to his studio to film it.
It later emerged that the doctor who advised him that he was too unwell to attend the deposition was the same doctor who appeared on his show on 21 March to attack the Covid-19 vaccines as “poison” and call the US’s top doctor Dr Anthony Fauci “the greatest mass murderer in the history of the world”.”

“Alex Jones says Sandy Hook families are ‘demonising’ him as he finally appears at deposition after paying $75k fines”:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 52399.html
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Uninformed wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 4:44 am “Judge Bellis previously took Mr Jones’ show into consideration when denying his request to delay the deposition last week, noting that he was seemingly well enough to continue broadcasting his hours-long show - leaving his home on at least one occasion to travel to his studio to film it.
It later emerged that the doctor who advised him that he was too unwell to attend the deposition was the same doctor who appeared on his show on 21 March to attack the Covid-19 vaccines as “poison” and call the US’s top doctor Dr Anthony Fauci “the greatest mass murderer in the history of the world”.”

“Alex Jones says Sandy Hook families are ‘demonising’ him as he finally appears at deposition after paying $75k fines”:
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/worl ... 52399.html
"Demonizing" him? That's the least of things they'd like to do to him.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/alex-jones-a ... 51301.html
InfoWars conspiracy theorist Alex Jones talks a lot about preparing for the apocalypse, selling his fans all manner of ways to stock their bunkers ahead of the end of the world. But now plaintiffs for Sandy Hook families suing Jones allege that he’s “doomsday prepped” his own business ahead of hefty legal judgments, illicitly moving money out of InfoWars into shell companies to avoid paying his victims.

In a court motion filed Wednesday in Texas, the families claim that he has concealed InfoWars’ assets to make the company appear to be nearly bankrupt. The families were joined in the motion by another man suing Jones for falsely accusing him of carrying out the 2018 Parkland shooting. The filing was first posted online by Courthouse News.

InfoWars didn’t respond to a request for comment.

Alex Jones Was Too Sick to Be Deposed by Sandy Hook Families, but Not Too Sick to Host Infowars

On paper, InfoWars parent company Free Speech Systems seems to lose money every year. Yet Jones has allegedly transferred significant amounts out of the company—financial transactions that often coincide with legal setbacks Jones has faced in the Sandy Hook cases. After the families sued him in 2018, for example, Jones allegedly started personally withdrawing a total of $18 million from the Free Speech Systems bank account over three years, along with drawing an annual $600,000 salary.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
SlimSloSlider

Post by SlimSloSlider »

Here’s Alex Jones’ major problem:

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-conte ... -tufta.pdf

The Texas Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act for the win.
Sweet Xene, that’s not something I ever anticipated writing!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bunny: :blissy: :blissy: :winner:

Good to see you, SlimSlo!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

SlimSloSlider wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:30 pm Here’s Alex Jones’ major problem:

Wow.

Either I'm getting smarter or that was a really well written and organized petition.

Thanks!
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 10:55 am
SlimSloSlider wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 10:30 pm Here’s Alex Jones’ major problem:

Wow.

Either I'm getting smarter or that was a really well written and organized petition.

Thanks!
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-04-18/ ... /100997900

Alex Jones's Infowars files for bankruptcy, amid Sandy Hook school shooting defamation lawsuits

American far-right conspiracy website Infowars has filed for bankruptcy, in the face of damages it owes from defamation lawsuits stemming from its false claims about the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting.

Key points:

In 2012, 26 people were killed in a shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School in the US
Infowars founder Alex Jones was found liable for damages in a trio of lawsuits after he falsely claimed the massacre was a hoax
His company has filed for bankruptcy, in the face of money it owes from those lawsuits
Alex Jones, founder of Infowars, was found liable for damages in a trio of lawsuits last year after he falsely claimed the Sandy Hook massacre was a hoax.

Infowars filed for voluntary Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the US Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Texas on Sunday, according to court documents.

Chapter 11 bankruptcy procedures put a hold on all civil litigation matters and allow companies to prepare turnaround plans while remaining operational.

Sandy Hook families in late March rejected Mr Jones's offer to settle their defamation lawsuit and reopened the case.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Question: how inclined will a bancruptcy judge be to accept a reorganization that drops the claims of the victim families after Infowars and Alex Jones ignored the law suit and got a default ruling handed to them?
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Is it correct to interpret the filling for bankruptcy as purely an attempt to evade infowars paying damages?

Or is there other significance to the move?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

It's time to buy outdated prepper food at liquidation dump prices! :twisted:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

It’s time to bring back debtors prison - in a rotting hulk in a fetid backwater.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 9:13 am Is it correct to interpret the filling for bankruptcy as purely an attempt to evade infowars paying damages?

Or is there other significance to the move?
Yes, evade payment.

There's at least one filing floating around in which the SH team provides an entire blow-by-blow rundown of how Jones has been moving money from one entity to another in preparation for avoiding payment. Quite a wonderful read, and I've read it, but I can't find it.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Thanks p0rtia, tek too.

The first page of the document on p0rtia's Court House News link gives a neat summary (presumably correct as it's by decent lawyers for decent people, not Jones's shit-shovelers):
Since being sued, Jones transferred millions of dollars from his fortune to these insiders—whom he apparently thought were beyond reach. But the Texas Uniform Fraudulent Transfer Act prohibits defendants from playing shell games to shield assets from their creditors. And it allows creditors like the Sandy Hook Families to void fraudulent transfers that defendants like Alex Jones make to their insiders.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

I wonder under what title these transfers happened. If "investment" in general terms then the value still is Alex Jones. If it was a kind of "donation" then the IRS willl take a chunk from the recipient. And Alex Jones may have lot all money when the recipent plays foul. If the recipients are some shady company under control of Jones, then the assets are essentially not gone, just obfuscated.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 3:19 pm I wonder under what title these transfers happened. If "investment" in general terms then the value still is Alex Jones. If it was a kind of "donation" then the IRS willl take a chunk from the recipient. And Alex Jones may have lost all money when the recipent plays foul. If the recipients are some shady company under control of Jones, then the assets are essentially not gone, just obfuscated.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Send in the forensic accountants!
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Alex Jones tonight announces an “Emergency Blowout Sale” of great InfoWars products after his bankruptcy filing today: “This is do or die time if you want to keep us on the air. They are trying to take down the leading voice of resistance.”
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

I think he's worried that Russian MREs are about to enter the market.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Alex Jones trial postponed as Infowars seeks bankruptcy

A Texas judge on Wednesday pushed back the first jury trial over how much conspiracy theorist Alex Jones should pay the families of Sandy Hook victims after his Infowars company sought bankruptcy protection this week.

The delay ordered by state District Judge Maya Guerra Gamble comes days after Infowars and two other companies tied to Jones filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in Texas.

Jones has lost defamation lawsuits in Texas and Connecticut over his comments that the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School massacre was a hoax. The first trial over how much he should pay the families had been scheduled to begin Monday in Austin, where Infowars is headquartered.

A new trial date has not been set.

Attorneys for Sandy Hook families have accused Jones of trying to hide millions of dollars in assets. Creditors listed in Infowars' bankruptcy filing include relatives of some of the 20 children and six educators killed in the 2012 school massacre in Connecticut.
https://www.fox5ny.com/news/alex-jones- ... bankruptcy
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “Other weirdos”