Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Flying the Unfriendly Skies

Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Flying the Unfriendly Skies

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Just like Amtrak!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Interesting flight path.
CAEADF2F-9298-4CFC-8729-00CCE9DC5491.png
CAEADF2F-9298-4CFC-8729-00CCE9DC5491.png (450.51 KiB) Viewed 1151 times
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N59 ... KBLI#share
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

That's the airline standard in Europe for several years now. Ye know - the thingy named EU.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 7:26 pm Interesting flight path.
CAEADF2F-9298-4CFC-8729-00CCE9DC5491.png
https://flightaware.com/live/flight/N59 ... KBLI#share
Photogrametry flight with photofinish. Some effort went into programming the flight director / autopilot.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

How do I use AirDrop?
Airdrop is the perfect solution to transferring high resolution photos from iPhone or iPad to Macbook Laptop or Desktop.
  • Find the photo you'd like to send with AirDrop in camera roll.
    Tap the Share button.
    Open Finder on Mac.
    Open Airdrop.
    iPhone will find the Mac.
    Send.
Photos land in the downloads folder by default.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

My relatives and I use AirDrop all the time to share photos from our iPhones, but I always leave my AirDrop receiving option to Contacts Only, not to Everyone.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Fri Sep 02, 2022 12:56 pm My relatives and I use AirDrop all the time to share photos from our iPhones, but I always leave my AirDrop receiving option to Contacts Only, not to Everyone.
Moi aussi. I bet a lot of those people don’t know what it is.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona

Fits now! (I haven’t kept up on skateboard prices, but it is unlikely that deck was worth $90. He can just replace the deck and put his existing trucks and wheels on it and come out ahead of paying their fee.)
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

So this happened.

https://www.axios.com/2022/09/03/tupelo ... stream=top

Police: Rogue plane lands, pilot in custody after threatening to hit Mississippi Walmart
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

Holy cow.

That dude hates him some Walmart!
raison de arizona

Horrible.
Baggage handler killed in belt loader entanglement at New Orleans airport

An airport worker is dead after her hair was caught in a belt loader at the New Orleans airport, officials say.

The 26-year-old, identified by the Jefferson Parish Coroner’s Office as Jermani Thompson, was injured Tuesday at around 10 p.m on the apron, an area where aircraft are parked, loaded, unloaded, refueled, boarded and maintained, the director of communications for Louis Armstrong New Orleans Airport said.

A spokesperson for GAT Airline Ground Support, where Thompson was employed, said she was working to offload a plane that had landed, WVUE reported. They say her hair got tangled in a belt loader.

“We are heartbroken and are supporting her family and her friends as best as we are able. Please send your well wishes to everyone at our New Orleans station during this very difficult time,” the CEO of GAT Airline Ground Support said.
:snippity:
https://www.azfamily.com/2022/08/31/bag ... s-airport/
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

She graduated from a small, tight-knit college here and was well loved by people who knew her.

And this is why OSHA does or should require hair coverings when working around machinery. She didn't have to die.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

:crying: :brokenheart:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sat Sep 03, 2022 8:50 pm She graduated from a small, tight-knit college here and was well loved by people who knew her.

And this is why OSHA does or should require hair coverings when working around machinery. She didn't have to die.
OSHA does require that hair longer than 4" be securely fastened with a hair net, bandana, cap, etc.

Long hair should also be tied back in a bun or knot without loose locks.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://abc7.com/orange-county-man-arre ... /12251388/
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An Orange County man is facing a federal charge after video captured him punching a flight attendant during a flight from Mexico to Los Angeles Wednesday.

Alexander Tung Cuu Le, 33, of Westminster, has been charged with one count of interference with flight crew members and attendants, the Department of Justice announced on Thursday.

The incident happened on American Airlines Flight 377l, which was destined to land at Los Angeles International Airport after taking off from Cabo San Lucas.
Video at link.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Reuter wrote:Earlier this month, United had threatened to take the action if the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) did not grant the air carrier additional flights.

United has been flying just twice daily to San Francisco and Los Angeles from JFK, the busiest New York-area airport, after resuming service in 2021.

"Given our current, too-small-to-be-competitive schedule out of JFK — coupled with the start of the Winter season where more airlines will operate their slots as they resume JFK flying — United has made the difficult decision to temporarily suspend service at JFK," United said in a memo seen by Reuters. The airline did not specify when it might resume service.
somerset

Post by somerset »

Volkonski wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 8:15 pm
United has a substantial presence out of EWR, which might be one reason they're willing to abandon JFK.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

somerset wrote: Fri Sep 30, 2022 9:21 pm :snippity:
United has a substantial presence out of EWR, which might be one reason they're willing to abandon JFK.
United's main hub on the east coast is Newark, so the FAA wasn't going to give them more spots out of JFK, now they're throwing their hissy....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Pilot sues Southwest after colleague exposes himself

TERRY SPENCER
Wed, October 5, 2022 at 9:06 PM·

FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — A Southwest Airlines pilot is suing the company, her union and a former colleague who pleaded guilty last year to dead-bolting the cockpit door during a flight and stripping naked in front of her.

Christine Janning alleges that Southwest retaliated by grounding her after she reported Michael Haak to the company and the FBI, that it kept him employed despite an alleged history of sexual misconduct and that managers disparaged her in memos.

She also alleges that the Southwest Airlines Pilots Association conspired with the airline and refused to support her. She is suing Haak for sexual assault. He pleaded guilty last year to a federal misdemeanor charge of committing a lewd, indecent or obscene act and was sentenced to probation.

Haak's attorney, Michael Salnick, said Wednesday that his client disrobed only after Janning encouraged him to and never did anything else. Southwest said it supported Janning and that it will “vigorously defend” itself against the lawsuit. The union did not respond to a phone call seeking comment.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/pilot-sues-s ... 02599.html

Return to “General Stuff”