Fox "News"

Dolly

Re: Fox "News"

Post by Dolly » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:27 pm

1 hour ago
Democratic lawmaker says Barr's reported meeting with Murdoch should be investigated

Rep. Harley Rouda (D-Calif.) suggested Friday that Attorney General William Barr's reported meeting with media giant Rupert Murdoch this week should be investigated by lawmakers.

Murdoch, the chairman of Fox, and Barr met at Murdoch's New York home on Wednesday night, The New York Times reported. It is unclear what the duo discussed, with aides to both men declining to comment to the newspaper earlier this week.

"What the hell is the attorney general of the United States doing meeting with the head of Fox?" Rouda, who sits on the House Oversight and Reform Committee, said during an interview on SiriusXM's "The Dean Obeidallah Show" on Friday.

"And for what purpose could that possibly be, especially in light of the fact this is happening exactly at the same time the president of the United States is saying Fox News isn't being kind enough to him?" the Democratic lawmaker added.

Rouda suggested that lawmakers should look into the meeting, adding, "I think it is within our purview because we want to know."

The California Democrat noted President Trump's comments from Thursday in which Trump declared that Fox News "doesn't deliver for us anymore" and knocked the network's polling after its latest survey showed growing support for his impeachment and removal from office.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics ... x?mode=jqm

tweet in the article
SiriusXM Progress ✔
@SXMProgress
"I think it is within our [The House Oversight Committee's] purview... “What the hell is the Attorney General of the United States doing meeting with the head of Fox [News]?”@RepHarley Rouda tells @DeanObeidallah of AG Bill Barr's private meeting with Rupert Murdoch.
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:54 pm

I dunno. They can say they’re friends and it’s just a get together.

Barr’s done worse.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:04 pm

Barr inviting Fox to officially lead the WH communication section and Anti impeachment team?

And the DOJ will become a subsidiary of FOX in return.

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:31 pm

:yeah:

In fact, I just said that somewhere.
No matter where you go, there you are! :towel:
ImageImageImage

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:51 pm

Dave at Sea wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:04 pm
Barr inviting Fox to officially lead the WH communication section and Anti impeachment team?

And the DOJ will become a subsidiary of FOX in return.

Are we still thinking that Fox isn't the real owner of the Executive Branch already?
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:09 pm

Gotta say this is an example of something I hope we DON'T do. We're not in the business of saying who can get together. For Rouda to invoke Congress during such a sensitive time, I think, is counterproductive. There's so much to really investigate, making noise about two people meeting for whatever reason opens the door to a lot of opposition. (Felt the same way about WJC and Lynch, too also.)
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:27 pm

Orlylicious wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:09 pm
Gotta say this is an example of something I hope we DON'T do. We're not in the business of saying who can get together. For Rouda to invoke Congress during such a sensitive time, I think, is counterproductive. There's so much to really investigate, making noise about two people meeting for whatever reason opens the door to a lot of opposition. (Felt the same way about WJC and Lynch, too also.)
Agree.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:30 pm

OK, but imagine the howls of outrage from the Repugs if Obama had been seen having lunch with the head of MSNBC.

We aren’t say it was illegal. We are saying it stinks like three day old fish. Hell yes they should look into it.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:54 pm

Again, I say, Barr working on the plot to take over the government with religious' zealots.
ImageImageImage

much ado

Post by much ado » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:13 pm

p0rtia wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:54 pm
Again, I say, Barr working on the plot to take over the government with religious' zealots.
A Pencian theocracy?

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:20 pm

Who ever the Dominionists pick.
ImageImageImage

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:12 am

p0rtia wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:31 pm

Great minds.... ummm..

Alternatively- it could have been a job interview - Barr is looking to cut with the WH and take a job with Fox as a talking head?

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:47 am

Dave at Sea wrote:
Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:12 am
p0rtia wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:31 pm

Great minds.... ummm..

Alternatively- it could have been a job interview - Barr is looking to cut with the WH and take a job with Fox as a talking head?
FFS when Kamala Harris was asking him yes or no questions he was too stupid to say yes or no. Perfect for Fake Fox News

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:03 pm

Feel free to cross-post to other threads as you see fit

Trump called head of Fox News to complain about coverage: report

President Trump complained about coverage of himself to Fox News chief executive Suzanne Scott in a phone call late this summer, the New York Times reported Sunday.

Three people with knowledge of the call told the Times that Trump said on the call that Fox News was not covering him fairly.

Scott reportedly urged Trump to sit for an interview with Bret Baier, the channel’s chief political anchor.
Trump has ramped up his criticism of the network in the last few months, including criticizing anchor Shepard Smith, who resigned from Fox News this week.

The president has taken issue with the network's pollsters, saying they "suck" after a poll found majority support for impeachment.

Trump has also complained about several of the network's polls that showed him trailing his Democratic challengers in potential 2020 matchups and regularly lashes out at employees who are critical of him.

He tweeted in August that the cable network "isn't working for us anymore" and that his supporters "have to start looking for a new News Outlet."
<snip>
https://thehill.com/homenews/media/4656 ... him-report
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:57 pm

He might do better going with some other vendor....

https://tass.com/

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:31 pm

So what are they calling Fox Gnus now? Demi-Tass?
ImageImageImage

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Oct 14, 2019 6:09 am

:rimshot: :lol:
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:44 pm

Newsmax:
Report: Fox News Anchors Attack, Mock Trump in Private Meeting
By Todd Beamon | Monday, 14 October 2019 01:09 PM

Fox News anchors Chris Wallace and Martha MacCallum apparently criticized and mocked President Donald Trump during a private meeting with advertisers in New York City last month, according to a weekend news report. The New York Times disclosed Sunday that the anchors, along with prime-time anchor Bret Baier, met with a panel of advertisers in a meeting organized by Fox News officials.

The report discussed Trump's increasingly strained relationship with Fox over its White House coverage. "Contrary to the opinion of some people, he's not our boss," the Times quoted MacCallum as telling the panel. She apparently was "marveling at Mr. Trump's criticism of Fox News for airing interviews with Democratic presidential candidates," according to the report. "It is kind of shocking to hear that he really — that's the way he thinks about how we should cover the election," MacCallum said.

The Times cited Wallace, the son of legendary "60 Minutes" co-host Mike Wallace, who died in 2012, as telling the advertisers: "He often likes to say about me, 'You know, I was covered by Mike Wallace, I liked him much more.' "To which my reaction is always: One of us has a daddy problem, and it's not me," he said. :lol:
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/bret- ... id/937011/
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:01 pm

If Teh Donald gets to hear of this he will be seething cause he knows he cannot do anything about it. :daydream:

GreatGrey

Post by GreatGrey » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:05 pm

I am not "someone upthread".
Trump needs to be smashed into some kind of inedible orange pâté.

neonzx

Post by neonzx » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:22 pm

GreatGrey wrote:
Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:05 pm
https:// twitter.com/rez512/status/1183817572271173634
The only joy I get out of that rant is knowing many Fox bobbleheads watched it. FoxNews is far beyond redemption for what they have precipitated upon the public for the past two decades. :nope:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Return to “General Politics”