Which would you choose? (electric boat or shark) (poll)

How do you choose to DIE?

Electric boat
63%
Shark
25%
Go ahead, tell us your darkest nightmare
13%

Total votes: 8

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Post by Foggy »

Luckily, I found some instructions on how to swim with sharks. (PDF)

I didn't find anything about surviving an electric boat. :|
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy wrote:Go ahead, tell us your darkest nightmare
The snake and the snake.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 1:02 am Luckily, I found some instructions on how to swim with sharks. (PDF)

I didn't find anything about surviving an electric boat. :|
The "electric boat" will not bite you. Electric propulsion is still limited by the storage capacity of batteries. They will allow a couple of hours of travel on a dinghy, a byboat to a yacht. The larger yachts will let you run like 10 hours depending of the battery capacitiy.

That said, the modern marine Lithium batteries are no longer the old-time consumer grade batteries. They have an iron component that prevents the thermal runaway. Maritime LiFePO4 style batteries have to be stored in a closed containment on the ship. It will take some time until water gets into the containment. The electric circuitry living off the battery bank will have several levels of fuses, they will trigger first when appliances and outlets shorten in the water. At the time the batteries get wet they will create an electric field at between the poles within the containment. There electric field does not spread out of the containment. It's not likely that anyone will be near the battery compartment at this time so contact with the containment will be very rare. I understand that battery banks for electric boats are preferred at the 48 Volt level. Those currents do not tend to be deadly in themselves.

just a memory dump:
The current trend in sailing yachts and small to midsized yachts is to run a hybrid system, where the propulsion can be switched between battery bank and engine. Battery propulsion will be preferred in the harbours for noise restrictions. While motoring the generators are used to replenish the battery bank, next to the now standard use of solar panels. On the propulsion side there are two methods, an engine drives the propeller shaft directly, or indirectly by sending current from the generator or battery bank to an electric engine. The current trend for larger sailing boats and catamarans is to have an adjustable propeller, when not motoring and cruising with the wind, the propeller is changed over to let the shaft spin and generate electricity to load the batteries.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Maybe you people just don't understand the depth of meaning, the existential dilemma, the psychobabble omelet. Let's read it together:
We’re going to end the mandate on electric one day. They want to make all boats too. I went to a boat company in South Carolina, the boat. I said, “How is it?” He said, “It’s a problem, sir. They want us to make all electric boats.” These are boats that are from 16 to 35 or so feet, fishing boats, leisure boats, beautiful company in South Carolina, beautiful.

The guy’s been doing it for 50 years. He sells hundreds of boats every couple of months. I mean, really fantastic guy. And they use the Mercury engines and different engines in the back, no problem. They want to take that out. They want to make it all electric. He said, “The problem is the boat is so heavy it can’t float.”

I said, “That sounds like a problem.”

He said, “Also, it can’t go fast because of the weight. And they want to now have a fifty-mile or a seventy-mile radius. You have to go out 70 miles before you can really start the boat up and you go out at two knots.” That’s essentially almost like two miles an hour.

Say, “How long does it take you to get out there?”

“Many hours, and then you’re allowed to go around for 10 minutes, but you have to come back because the batteries only last for a very short period of time.”

So I said, “Let me ask you a question.”

And he said, “Nobody ever asked this question, and it must be because of MIT, my relationship to MIT,” very smart.

I say, “What would happen if the boat sank from its weight and you’re in the boat and you have this tremendously powerful battery and the battery’s underwater, and there’s a shark that’s approximately 10 yards over there?”

By the way, a lot of shark attacks lately. Do you notice that? A lot of shark… I watched some guys justifying it today. “Well, they weren’t really that angry. They bit off the young lady’s leg because of the fact that they were not hungry, but they misunderstood who she was.” These people are crazy.

He said, “There’s no problem with sharks. They just didn’t really understand a young woman swimming now who really got decimated and other people too,” a lot of shark attacks.

So I said, “So there’s a shark 10 yards away from the boat, 10 yards or here. Do I get electrocuted if the boat is sinking, and water goes over the battery, the boat is sinking. Do I stay on top of the boat and get electrocuted or do I jump over by the shark and not get electrocuted?” Because I will tell you he didn’t know the answer.

He said, “Nobody’s ever asked me that question.”

I said, “I think it’s a good question. I think there’s a lot of electric current coming through that water.” But you know what I’d do if there was a shark or you get electrocuted, I’ll take electrocution every single time. I’m not getting near the shark.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

See, the shark didn't know what it was doing when it bit off the girl's leg, so the shark is innocent, but the girl is going to live. She might need a prosthetic, but she could live a good long life after the incident.

Whereas Donald the Moron is gonna choose the electric boat every day of the year, which means he is gonna DIE on the first day. He doesn't get to choose the electric boat on the second day of the year because he's still DEAD from the electric boat on the first day.

So his choice is dumb, but nobody tell him. I want him to go down in an electric boat. :rockon:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 3:04 am The "electric boat" will not bite you.
No, indeed. That isn't what the boat salesman in South Carolina told the Moron.

He said the batteries are too heavy and the electric boats sink. They can't float.

And do NOT try to explain the concept of the "displacement" of boats and ships to the Moron. He can't understand that, and he'll claim he's gonna get rid of displacement on Day One. :fingerwag:
Edit: It's just sad that we have a candy date for President who would rather DIE (literally dead) rather than take a chance on losing a leg and screaming like a little girl. Tsk, tsk, tsk. :nope:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Or that one theory sharks attack people is they can look like a seal from below.

There was so much loony in that anecdote that never happened.

And we're talking about Biden's mental fitness after the last four years? Seriously?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

It's a joke thread. :mrgreen: I'm seriously discussing the stupidest thing I heard this week, because the serious news is pissing me off, as I wait for the immunity decision to drop. :crazy:

Of course a little girl looks like a seal from below in the ocean. And sharks eat seals, that's an important part of a healthy diet, if'n you're a shark. That's how you get your minimum daily requirements for protein and carbs and vitamins.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Wikipedia says that Christopher Columbus's ship La Pinta displaced approx. 60 tons. He could carry a lot of batteries without sinking, unless they got in a bad storm. :think:

Did he carry the batteries to the airports during the American Revolution? Were they flying electric airplanes? :think:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, here's another thing - why is the shark 10 yards away? He says 10 yards at least three times, but it shows that the shark is SMRT.

The shark doesn't want to be electrocuted like the Moron. He's waiting 10 yards away from the boat and watching Donald Trump get electrocuted, then the boat is going to sink and THEN the shark gets to eat the big fat former president who appears to be an elephant seal.

Gotta tell ya, that shark is WAY smarter than the quadfectee. Must be his connection to MIT, very smart.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

And he said, “Nobody ever asked this question, and it must be because of MIT, my relationship to MIT,” very smart.
Yes he keeps bringing up the fact that he had an uncle who was a professor in MIT which means he, Bloatfield Tinyfingers, must be very smaert.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Actually, the way he phrased it, it was the boat salesman who claimed he was smart because of his relationship with MIT.
... he said, “Nobody ever asked this question, and it must be because of MIT, my relationship to MIT,” very smart.
Oh, you mean he's just sloppy at speaking. He meant it was himself who magically became a genius by osmosis from an uncle.

Yeah.

I'm choosing to get my leg bit off, screaming like a little girl, and then living out my life. After all the surgery I already had, how bad can it be? :confuzzled:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Foggy wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 8:14 am Actually, the way he phrased it, it was the boat salesman who claimed he was smart because of his relationship with MIT.
Well, ya, he was saying that the boat guy was amazed at his cleverness and that it must be because of the "good Genes" from his uncle at MIT. Which he has brought up constantly. Obviously he is doing the "People say..." crap.

He also has boasted that this same uncle had to sit down his idiot Nephew once and try to explain to his Nephews thick skull why Nukes are dangerous. This is why Tinyfingers McFlopsweat knows more anout Nuklear than everyone else.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

I suspect that MIT is enormously proud of making the quadfectee smart, and they're probably planning to market the university henceforth based on the fact that they singlehandedly inspired him to ask the brilliant question that nobody had ever thought to ask before, namely - shark or electric boat?

Maybe the shark went to MIT too also.

This is yuge. :oldman:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Meanwhile, a large segment eats it up, the same segment who wear "real men wear diapers" shirts. Stupidity or bad performance art.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Humiliation is in the eye of the beholder.

MAGA is oblivious to fuckhead's self-owns.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Well, I admit, right up front, that I never pondered this important question before the Moron brought it to my attention, but I am short on amusing thoughts lately, so I appreciate the Moron entertaining me, however briefly. :lol:
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Man, ya’ll are totally ignoring the snake and the snake, which imho, were the best and scariest part of that whole story.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

If the shark waits until the OSG has been fried by the battery, will he be too well done for the sharks liking?
ImageImageImage x4
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

What if the shark is electric? (I’ve seen the film documentary)
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Maybenaut wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:33 am Man, ya’ll are totally ignoring the snake and the snake, which imho, were the best and scariest part of that whole story.
But I knew he was a snake when I hugged him. :mrgreen: :liar:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Uninformed wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 10:17 am What if the shark is electric? (I’ve seen the film documentary)
Oh man, he could recharge the batteries in the boat! And if he gets low on juice, he could eat a few electric eels and recharge himself! :think:

(My grandfather went to Yale)
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Slim Cognito wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 9:37 am If the shark waits until the OSG has been fried by the battery, will he be too well done for the sharks liking?
No because if'n you get cooked in the water it's really boiling, not frying or roasting or sumpin', but of course in this case we're talking about seawater (because sharks even though there are freshwater sharks) which is salty and would give the former president a stink like seaweed that's been out in the Sun too long. But I saw a scholarly paper about how that's why the shark is only 10 yards away from the electric boat - the shark waits until the former president is just barely dead, and then it's close enough to swim in and gobble down before he has a chance of being overcooked.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

I'm gonna start a new career as a military analyst.

My neice was a Marine that saw active duty during Desert Storm (that the liberation of Kuwait right?) and her husband was a Navy atom bomb technician.

What could go wrong? I have all the connections.
Be assured that a walk through the ocean of most souls Would scarcely get your feet wet
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Would sharks with freakin' laser beams On their heads be considered electrified? Asking for a friend.
ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The Funny”