Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Andrew Mark Cuomo (D-NY) 56th Governor of NY

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
p0rtia

Re: Andrew Mark Cuomo (D-NY) 56th Governor of NY

Post by p0rtia »

The comments will explain why Cuomo will never resign, and why, if he were impeached and ran again, he would win.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

filly

Post by filly »

:sick:
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I'm not sure what the interest inwould be in seeing an interview with MARK CUOMO'S Lawyer would be.
Hic sunt dracones
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

I think Cuomo's public apology is total bullshit! He's still talking of his total innocence and misinterpretations by others. What an asshole!
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

He's stepping down in 14 days! Good riddance
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

MsDaisy wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:05 pm I think Cuomo's public apology is total bullshit! He's still talking of his total innocence and misinterpretations by others. What an asshole!
I agree 100%.

Good riddance and let the door hit him on the backside on the way out.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

I was listening to FoxNews this morning and the show was mounting a big defense of him, it was like I went through the looking glass.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

MsDaisy wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:07 pm He's stepping down in 14 days! Good riddance
Live Updates: Governor Cuomo Says He Will Resign
Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo announced his resignation, effective in 14 days, a week after the state attorney general’s office found he had sexually harassed nearly a dozen women.
:snippity:
The governor framed his resignation as a necessary step given the firestorm of controversy surrounding his continued leadership, including an impeachment inquiry that he referred to as a “distraction” from pressing issues pressing the state as it recovers from the pandemic.

“Given the circumstances, the best way I can help now is if I step aside and let government get back to governing,” Mr. Cuomo said. “And therefore that’s what I’ll do.”
:snippity:
https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/08/10 ... mo-resigns
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Inevitable and tragic for everyone involved. Still can't understand how he could be so STUPID and IRRESPONSIBLE. Happy to see New York's First Female Governor!
Kathy Hochul will replace Cuomo, becoming New York's first female governor

New York Lieutenant Gov. Kathy Hochul, 62, will soon become the state's first female governor, replacing Gov. Andrew Cuomo. A Buffalo native, she was first elected lieutenant governor of New York in 2014 as Cuomo's running mate and won reelection alongside him in 2018.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
filly

Post by filly »

Now he leaves after scorching the earth. His resignation speech was nauseating. Ronan Farrow has a good piece up in The New Yorker today (they give you a few free articles/month) about how he bullied the people he put on the Moreland Commission. Terrible.

I did laugh when he rattled off the names of his staffers (including Ms. DeRosa). What a job recommendation!

Hopeful that the Democrats will find someone good to run next year. The last thing we need is a QOP lunatic in there who will pardon the Trump Crime Family.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

https://newyork.cbslocal.com/2021/08/10 ... signation/
NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – With New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo‘s announcement that he is stepping down in 14 days ahead of possible impeachment over sexual harassment allegations, Lt. Gov. Kathy Hochul will become the state’s first female governor.

As CBS2’s Alice Gainer reports, Hochul has spent much of the last nearly seven years on the road, visiting each of the state’s 62 counties annually, mostly working in Cuomo’s shadow during her two terms in office.

The 62-year-old was not present during his daily coronavirus briefings, was not mentioned in his pandemic memoir, and is not considered part of his inner circle.

Hochul’s name was also not mentioned in the investigative report by state Attorney General Letitia James which detailed efforts by Cuomo’s staff to discredit some of his accusers.

No one is above the law. Under the New York Constitution, the Assembly will now determine the next steps.

Because Lieutenant Governors stand next in the line of succession, it would not be appropriate to comment further on the process at this moment. 2/2

— Kathy Hochul (@LtGovHochulNY) August 3, 2021
filly

Post by filly »

So his awful lawyer, Rita Glavin, spent 45 minutes attacking the victims before Cuomo's speech. Mr. Filly thinks there was some non-refundable retainer left so she was jabbering and billing.

filly

Post by filly »

somerset

Post by somerset »

filly wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:34 pm Now he leaves after scorching the earth. His resignation speech was nauseating. Ronan Farrow has a good piece up in The New Yorker today (they give you a few free articles/month) about how he bullied the people he put on the Moreland Commission. Terrible.

I did laugh when he rattled off the names of his staffers (including Ms. DeRosa). What a job recommendation!

Hopeful that the Democrats will find someone good to run next year. The last thing we need is a QOP lunatic in there who will pardon the Trump Crime Family.
Is there something stopping Kathy Hochul from running, or is she not a good candidate?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I was going to ask the same question, so, instead, I'm wasting space telling everyone I was going to ask the same question. I'm kinda excited for her.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Slim Cognito wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:13 pm I was going to ask the same question, so, instead, I'm wasting space telling everyone I was going to ask the same question. I'm kinda excited for her.
Many are making the same remark, which I take as an understandable goof, since Hochul is such an unknown (reports are that she and Cuomo have not spoken this year, and I think she was either at zero or one of the COVID pressers lasts year).

I'm excited to get to know her, and see no reason to look elsewhere at this point.
somerset

Post by somerset »

Here's a updated article from yesterday about her:

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/08/nyre ... Position=4
The outgoing governor has a long and deserved reputation for governing by brute force and fear, alienating countless people through his tactics of bullying and intimidation. Ms. Hochul, in contrast, has established deep reservoirs of political good will, spending much of her tenure on the road, highlighting the administration’s agenda and engaging in extensive on-the-ground politicking.

She has taken pride in visiting each of New York’s 62 counties each year and has friends across the state. In a typically frenetic week in September 2019, Ms. Hochul had two appearances in Brooklyn, one in Manhattan, four in Niagara Falls, one in Lockport, another in Pendleton, three in Buffalo, four in Rochester, two in Binghamton and one in Cortland.

She is a practiced, and popular, retail politician who seems to take genuine delight in meeting people, and has always been this way, said former U.S. Representative John J. LaFalce, for whom Ms. Hochul worked in the 1980s.

“More than anything else, she was tenacious,” said Mr. LaFalce, who became Ms. Hochul’s political mentor. “She just turned the stone as many ways as you could to see what was underneath it and she didn’t let it go. By the same token, she was probably the most popular person in the office.”
(quote a bit more in the article)
bob

Post by bob »

somerset wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:10 pmIs there something stopping Kathy Hochul from running
Letitia James' running as well, I presume.

(As in, there's no legal impediment, but may be practical ones.)
Image ImageImage
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:11 pm I was listening to FoxNews this morning and the show was mounting a big defense of him, it was like I went through the looking glass.
You know what their priorities are when defending the right of males to commit sexual harassment comes ahead of the opportunity to "own the libs."
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Lt. Sulu weighs in.

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 2:13 pm Lt. Sulu Capitan Sulu weighs in.

:biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

johnpcapitalist wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 1:51 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 12:11 pm I was listening to FoxNews this morning and the show was mounting a big defense of him, it was like I went through the looking glass.
You know what their priorities are when defending the right of males to commit sexual harassment comes ahead of the opportunity to "own the libs."
They figured that Cuomo didn't do anything trump didn't do.
Il factotum
raison de arizona

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Rachel Maddow did a bit on her and how she got to be the Lt. Governor. Basically, by being in the right place when some man in office did something stupid and/or illegal.

I'm not saying anything about her qualifications. She seems well qualified. I'm talking about all the stupid men. :doh:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “Current Politics”