Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Bundy Clan 411

Poots are fighting for FreeDumb
Uninformed

Re: Bundy Clan 411

Post by Uninformed »

I don’t think there are enough people who think along the same lines as Ammon Bundy and his elk for any candidate to be successful in attaining a position at the State, or similar, level. Although some of their policies might appeal to some “rural” voters, “State’s rights” adherents, or “theoconstitutionalists”, once people are aware of the beliefs of the candidate and his supporters they will not attract enough votes. (An example would be Matt Shea who when his extremism was exposed became a pariah.)
Obviously within their own circles and at a “local” level these people can be successful and attempt to widen their support and effects, but the more attention they garner the more that average citizens will shy away.
To have any real success they must be able to attract enough people to either influence State policy or achieve power themselves. There is too much disparity between the goals of the several “factions” within the “movement” to be successful. The only part of their “agenda” that appears to have the necessary financial/power component and, in some cases popular support, is the State v Federal lands issue - most of their other notions fail when they are confronted by reality.
I know that, to my amazement and despair, the DFO became POTUS, but he appealed to the dissatisfaction of a very large part of the population and, mainly, did not totally openly espouse his odious beliefs, then when they became more widely understood he lost the 2020 election because of them.
In short, Ammon Bundy’s biggest drawback is himself.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:yeahthat:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Uninformed wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 6:00 am I don’t think there are enough people who think along the same lines as Ammon Bundy and his elk for any candidate to be successful in attaining a position at the State, or similar, level.
On the contrary, I think the Capitol insurrection, and the fact that a lot of them were not rural and not poor, demonstrates how Bundy-style values (e.g., "government overreach") have become a norm and a rallying cry for a large segment that is not rural, not poor, and also not especially elderly/Boomer (forget the average age but closer to Bundy's age than mine). As I said at one point here or at OLive, I met a middle-class man from an eastern state who butted into a conversation I was having with his full sympathies for the Bundys, the Hammonds, and all the things those poor, poor families have gone through because of government overreach. It's insidious. Also, Susan Delemus was a state legislator. Could she win a governor's race? Maybe not. Soften the messaging a hair and who knows.

We have not only representatives who undoubtedly would support the Bundy big picture, that is, not ranching rights per se but government so tiny it serves no one (Greene, Boebert, Gohmert, et al.), but senators who I suspect do too (Hawley, et al). All the ones friendly to insurrection.

Yeah, it's not really about Bundy but it is terrifying.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:21 am On the contrary…
I agree that if enough misinformation about their intentions became sufficiently widespread (ala Brexit) then it is possible for someone like Bundy to succeed, but in his case I believe his “policies cannot gel with voters and will not attract enough support. The merest chance that he could win office is pretty scary. :eek:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

3 .. 2 .. 1 ..

If he doesn't win, the election was rigged. Fraudit!!!
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Uninformed wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:37 am
pipistrelle wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:21 am On the contrary…
I agree that if enough misinformation about their intentions became sufficiently widespread (ala Brexit) then it is possible for someone like Bundy to succeed, but in his case I believe his “policies cannot gel with voters and will not attract enough support. The merest chance that he could win office is pretty scary. :eek:
It's Idaho, where anything goes. (The same state where a ThreePer shot a girl in the stomach while cleaning his gun after a shoot because gun safety.)
Edit: Bundy picked Idaho for his move for a reason.
Edit: Although props to the Idaho jury that found Sean Anderson guilty.
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

His run can succeed given he does not need a huge tally to win the primary. If he wins the primary, the questions then become:

Will state GOP deplatform him?
Given DEM has no chance to siphon votes, will anyone attempt to split the official GOP vote via a third party or independent run?

When Ryan ran, I was surprised he didn't do so via the Independent American Party (Cliven registered), instead just "Independent." Today, Ammon running as GOP while denouncing the GOP makes sense as he has endless active strawmen and ballot party recognition for autopilot voters whereas running IAP or Constitution (which is likely where his head is) makes him a Gnieting wacko, even to most Idahoans.
Attachments
wp-content.jpg
wp-content.jpg (66.07 KiB) Viewed 1070 times
Conservation is what conservation does and it sure ain't preservation.
bob

Post by bob »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:54 am Although props to the Idaho jury that found Sean Anderson guilty.
Didn't an Idaho jury also find Bundy guilty (of trespass)?
Image ImageImage
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

Got this email from Bundy campaign.

Who is your guess?

Mine is Richard Mack.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211106-165610_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20211106-165610_DuckDuckGo.jpg (176.47 KiB) Viewed 1009 times
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Yeah - my guess would be Mack too. I would have guessed Stone but he already did that after Ammo paid him to do that.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Sniper dude helping me out with my knowledge. I didn't think Ritzy was at BR but I didn't pay much attention to the Bundy cult then. Only started paying attention to them when they invaded my State (MWNR). Thanks Sniper Dude!
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

Fyi.

Now you don't need to register.
Attachments
Screenshot_20211107-221901_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20211107-221901_DuckDuckGo.jpg (108.37 KiB) Viewed 880 times
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

"Towhnall " - LOL. Wendy isn't any smarter than Ammon (low bar of course).
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I don't know why I do this.
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

Been saying this since 2/16 about MacNab and, frankly, many "experts." I've thought MacNab as Cointel and she certainly has the ability as an "influencer" to deplatform others.

Attachments
Screenshot_20211109-083554_DuckDuckGo.jpg
Screenshot_20211109-083554_DuckDuckGo.jpg (97.96 KiB) Viewed 737 times
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

ZinWhit wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:57 pm Got this email from Bundy campaign.

Who is your guess?

Mine is Richard Mack.
LOL - it was Ron Paul. We were both wrong.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (68.33 KiB) Viewed 685 times
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

Guess I was wrong.

Ron Paul doesn't surprise me, he having a long relationship with the Utah "property rights" crowd through their JBS associations, Mark Skousen and the Foundation for Economic Education (Smith via Reed; where Bundy’s tax plans are derived).

Also note Ron's many appearances on Kate Dalley's show.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

ZinWhit wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:12 pm Guess I was wrong.

Ron Paul doesn't surprise me, he having a long relationship with the Utah "property rights" crowd through their JBS associations, Mark Skousen and the Foundation for Economic Education (Smith via Reed; where Bundy’s tax plans are derived).

Also note Ron's many appearances on Kate Dalley's show.
Changing the topic - you know everything about the Bundy idiots. I didn't know about this Ammon site/company until today. Vague references to consulting etc. but seems to be set up mostly to accept $ for his grift. Registered in Wyoming - same as his abish-husbondi company.
https://donocustos.com
Domain registered Oct. 2020 - company incorporated Jan. 2020.
Custos is a fun word (from Wikipedia).
The duties and powers of the Custos at various times have included: to preside at Petty Sessions Court and be the Chief Magistrate for the parish. to receive the Sovereign, any representative of the royal family, His Excellency The Governor as representing the sovereign when within the precincts of the parish.
ZinWhit

Post by ZinWhit »

Well, thanks. But, I know what I know and you know what you know (others, too) and it seems we work together to collectively know more.

The real grift, illegality, is recurring PRN donations run through Rodriguez' church. Husbondi and Donos seem regular for profit grifts, for one time donations.

Since this info is older, note nobody has done a piece on it yet, following the money. My bet: the IRS is already investigating.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

It's not a contest, it's a collaboration, and it's amazing. I am really surprised that we haven't been discovered by the media about the poots, like we were involved with the media so often during the birther movement. Collectively (collaboratively?), we are the world's most informed group about the activities of the poots, more so even than any of the poots themselves (which is made easy because many of them are so self-centered).

I can but gape in wonder at how this community has gone from being the world's experts on the birther movement to now becoming the world's experts on the poot movement. While still following national politics, and sharing recipes, and learning about each other's dogs and cats, and riding bicycles upside down in outer space. It's amazing just to be a part of it all, even if'n I am just an ornery ol' cuss.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

My staff informs me that we don't really ride bicycles upside down in outer space.

Oh well.

The point remains - when it comes to accurate information about the poots, this is the most informed website on the planet.

That's us. :biggrin:
The Montananist

Post by The Montananist »

Some of us intend to ride bicycles in outer space. It is more aspirational than current. I live in an area where poot thinking is not exactly mainstream, but listened to. Unlike us, they don't laugh at it.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, I know a lot of it is not funny. Some of it is deadly, and all of it is stupid.

And of course, I'm just looking at it from my own perspective and what I've seen and done here for the last dozen years. The birther movement was just about dead, although it will never truly die. It was the beginning of 2016, and nobody was paying much attention to Obama (or the birthers) anymore. The big question was which Republican idiot - out of about 17 of them - was going to lose to Hillary, which really wasn't too exciting, and I was wondering about the viability of the forum going forward.

Then the poots invaded the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, and we were paying attention to it, and they found out about us on OLive, and we got about 60 new people and it totally rejuvenated the website.

At the height of the birther movement we were getting about 300 posts a day. There were times - too many times :oopsy: - when there were so many people trying to connect to Fogbow, both us and the birthers themselves, that the server would crash and I'd have to reboot it remotely from wherever I was at the time.

Then the birther movement dried up and blew away one day, our raison d'etre, gone. Oh, woe is us, what shall we do?

We shall be discussing poots and attracting more people who know about the poots. And even after a disaster struck and forced me to start again from scratch, we're still getting 230 posts a day.

We are thriving and surviving, muttering and puttering, pontificating and gesticulating.

'Course, here's the real problem: There's no such thing as upside down in outer space. It's metaphysically absurd, man. :crazy:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Wed Nov 10, 2021 11:01 am I am really surprised that we haven't been discovered by the media about the poots, like we were involved with the media so often during the birther movement.
The birther movement was generally a new thing so the media would have fewer options of where to go. For Poots, they have been around in various flavors from well before the Bundy Ranch. Since their history is out there a bit more, media goes to those with name recognition, or sound bites. We don't do sound bites here.
101010 :towel:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

True dat. :whistle:

Return to “Bundys and their elk”