Washington

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Washington

Post by RTH10260 »

2 Democratic candidates named Bob Ferguson withdraw from WA governor's race

by KOMO News Staff
Mon, May 13th 2024 at 6:42 AM Updated Wed, May 15th 2024 at 3:19 PM

SEATTLE (KOMO) — Washington Attorney General (AG) Bob Ferguson addressed recent developments in the state's governor's race Monday morning, days after two people named Robert Ferguson joined the ballot.

On Friday, two additional Democratic candidates filed to run for Washington governor under the name Bob Ferguson. Right wing activist Glen Morgan posted on Facebook around 5 p.m. Friday saying he was the "volunteer campaign manager for two of the Bob Fergusons running for governor. They are both superior in every way to the AG running for the same office, and I believe they can provide better choices for the Democrats in our state for that office."

By Monday evening, both Bob Fergusons told KOMO News they were dropping out of the race.

Ferguson, the Democratic frontrunner, said via X that Morgan's motive is to "confuse voters and diminish votes." Ferguson called the additions an "illegal scheme," violating RCW 29a.84.320: "Duplicate, nonexistent, untrue names."

"The stakes could not be higher," Ferguson wrote on social media. "This is a direct attack on our democracy and the integrity of the Washington state election system that could lead to the victory of an anti-choice conservative like Dave Reichert. Washingtonians start voting in less than two months. We are going to need significant resources to get the message out about which 'Bob Ferguson' to vote for in August."

During a press conference Monday morning, Ferguson said he knows at least one of the Bob Fergusons who filed has previously voted as a Republican. Ferguson added that the other two candidates — both named Robert Ferguson — are from Yakima and Graham. Cease and desist letters were left at both of their homes, Ferguson said.

https://komonews.com/news/local/washing ... jay-inslee
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Washington

Post by Ben-Prime »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 11:37 am
On Friday, two additional Democratic candidates filed to run for Washington governor under the name Bob Ferguson. Right wing activist Glen Morgan posted on Facebook around 5 p.m. Friday saying he was the "volunteer campaign manager for two of the Bob Fergusons running for governor. They are both superior in every way to the AG running for the same office, and I believe they can provide better choices for the Democrats in our state for that office."
Welcome to the American Year of The Rat(fuckery)! >smdh< :nope:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
shannon
Verified:

Washington

Post by shannon »

The official GOP nominee:
Rantz Exclusive: Semi Bird reprimanded for fraud against US Army, after ‘stolen valor’ claims

"The candidate for governor the Washington State Republican Party endorsed was reprimanded by the Department of Defense (DOD), with a commanding officer saying he perpetuated “fraud” against the United States government in an effort to advance his career over more deserving candidates. The investigation followed accusations from the U.S. Army Special Forces, the Green Berets, that Republican gubernatorial hopeful Semi Bird engaged in stolen valor by misrepresenting his actions during Operation Iraqi Freedom and claiming unearned experience."
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
(she/her)
Kendra

Washington

Post by Kendra »

Hmmph. I'd never heard of him. The only vote for governor yard signs I've seen are for Ferguson and Dave Reichert.
shannon
Verified:

Washington

Post by shannon »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2024 2:57 pm Hmmph. I'd never heard of him. The only vote for governor yard signs I've seen are for Ferguson and Dave Reichert.
I've seen a lot of his signs in Eastern and Central Washington. Otherwise, it's Ferguson and Reichert everywhere else
Mad Geoscientist GRADUATE STUDENT in Training
(she/her)
Kendra

Washington

Post by Kendra »

I finally opened up my ballot and looked at all the candidates for governor. That's a long list there. Wonder who tfg will endorse? I can't see Reichert sucking up to him, Reichert rocked when he was head Sheriff of King County and they finally got the goods on Gary Ridgway (Green River Killer). :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:
Whatever4

Washington

Post by Whatever4 »

Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:59 pm I finally opened up my ballot and looked at all the candidates for governor. That's a long list there. Wonder who tfg will endorse? I can't see Reichert sucking up to him, Reichert rocked when he was head Sheriff of King County and they finally got the goods on Gary Ridgway (Green River Killer). :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:
The Good Sister sent me info on a couple of the kooks running. Mel Ram sounds like an AI bot. GoodSpaceGuy apparently has run for various offices 25 times. There are 28 people running for Governor at $1740 and 1740 signatures each, so there’s plenty of folks to choose from! :dance:
IMG_3043.jpeg
IMG_3043.jpeg (101.67 KiB) Viewed 622 times
IMG_3044.jpeg
IMG_3044.jpeg (122.01 KiB) Viewed 622 times
IMG_3045.jpeg
IMG_3045.jpeg (98.55 KiB) Viewed 622 times
IMG_3046.jpeg
IMG_3046.jpeg (111.77 KiB) Viewed 622 times
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Kendra

Washington

Post by Kendra »

It's quite a list. I'm still good at this time voting for Bob Ferguson (remember he challenged tfg's travel ban?), but I still have a soft spot for Reichert when they ban-hammered Gary Ridgway. Trivia, if my memory is still good, but way back when the first victim was found, I believe Reichert was the first detective on the scene - I was actually coming from Des Moines back to Kent over that bridge and recall all the police activity at that scene.

More trivia (sorry, going OT), but the late great true crime writer Ann Rule - it was no secret that she was keeping notes/articles, etc. for a potential book on the Green River Killer. Years before he was arrested, Rule's daughter recalled spotted a strange looking man at a book signing, only to recognize him when he was arrested. *shudders*
sugar magnolia

Washington

Post by sugar magnolia »

Whatever4 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:09 pm
Kendra wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 6:59 pm I finally opened up my ballot and looked at all the candidates for governor. That's a long list there. Wonder who tfg will endorse? I can't see Reichert sucking up to him, Reichert rocked when he was head Sheriff of King County and they finally got the goods on Gary Ridgway (Green River Killer). :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:
The Good Sister sent me info on a couple of the kooks running. Mel Ram sounds like an AI bot. GoodSpaceGuy apparently has run for various offices 25 times. There are 28 people running for Governor at $1740 and 1740 signatures each, so there’s plenty of folks to choose from! :dance:
RF influencer? Radio frequency? Russian Federation? Radioactive Fallout? Random Fantasy?
She sounds like a SovCit that has been infected by the black mold.
Whatever4

Washington

Post by Whatever4 »

sugar magnolia wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:36 pm
Whatever4 wrote: Fri Aug 02, 2024 8:09 pm
RF influencer? Radio frequency? Russian Federation? Radioactive Fallout? Random Fantasy?
She sounds like a SovCit that has been infected by the black mold.
I think it’s Russian Federation, based on her website ramblings.
Batshit Babbling wrote: "A few random people and works of providence sheltered the US from RF retaliation as Congress signed its first 40 billion dollars aid package to Ukraine. Page WA-2 explains why 22 was most likely becoming a nuclear year. 24 is a massive elections year around the world. Many politicians are simply pacing themselves waiting to reassume office. The war will not proceed as it has to this point. If nations fail to monitor their governments, expect NATO to become more likely to initiate WW3 than RF. Russia could bring its own allies into this plan for genocide. Ask all candidates to clarify their position on what could easily become the bloodiest war in history. I have proposed a solution to the war that does not sacrifice life, does right by Ukraine, and prevents future warfare for generations to come."
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: Inventor of flag baseball

Washington

Post by Foggy »

Oh crap, I was in Seattle and I forgot to vote! :blackeyebig:
Don't mind me, I just fell out of a coconut tree. 🥥🌴

Return to “Governors & State Elections”