Modern Day Secessionists

RVInit

Re: Modern Day Secessionists

Post by RVInit »

Azastan wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 1:07 am
Volkonski wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:38 pm If they want to be able to vote for Trump again Texas needs to remain a US state. ;)
He could be president of Texas, though.
I would be OK with that if it weren't for the good people that live in Texas. I wonder if he would advocate building a wall on the northern and southern border of Texas, you know, to prevent Texans from being able to attack the real USA border? :think:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Good plan. :thumbsup:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

They must be as stupid as they appear to be. :lol:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I read today that most Canadians would welcome unification with the USA, but they don't think the US Americans could take being the 13th State.
Hic sunt dracones
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

:fingerwag: Surely after unification New South Canada would become the 11th Province or, less generously, 4th Territory?

Or absorb southern North America into (Greater) Quebec and require all subjects (remember Canada is under a monarchy!) to learn French.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Just for the record, JJ didn't get the words quite right either.

I pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America ...
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Suranis wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:17 pm I read today that most Canadians would welcome unification with the USA, but they don't think the US Americans could take being the 13th State.
Mexico can take back Texas if it wants it we can thrown in the former Confederate states as a bonus including West Virginia.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

West By Gawd Virginia was not a rebel state.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Not then, but today?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... itia-group
A retired police chief and self-described Reagan Republican with decades of public service, Leonard Moty checked all the boxes to represent his community in one of California’s most conservative counties.

But on Tuesday, voters ousted Moty, handing control of the Shasta county board of supervisors to a group aligned with local militia members. The election followed nearly two years of threats and increasing hostility toward the longtime supervisor and his moderate colleagues in response to pandemic health restrictions.

While it’s not yet clear who will replace Moty, the two candidates in the lead attended a celebration on Tuesday with members of an area militia group, the Sacramento Bee reported.

The recall is a win for the ultra-conservative movement in Shasta county, which has fought against moderate Republican officials and sought to gain a foothold in local government in this rural part of northern California.

It also highlights a phenomenon that extends far beyond the region, as experts warn the pandemic and eroding trust in US institutions has fueled extremism in local politics and hostility against officials that could reshape governments from school boards to county supervisors to Congress.

“I think it’s going to be a change in our politics. I think we’re going to shift more to the alt-right side of things,” Moty said on Wednesday. “I really thought my community would step up to the plate and they didn’t and that’s very discouraging.”
The county is part of the State of Jefferson movement, hoping to secede from California.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”