I Quit

Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: I Quit

Post by Phoenix520 »

:bighug:
Such a relief, huh? You’ve worked your arse off all your life all over the world. Time to relax, get Ted those hula lessons he’s always wanted. :kiss:

If it weren’t for COVID, I’d volunteer to be your aide for a week while you look. I still have a ticket from when my almostdaughter graduated from UH 2 months after the pandemic started and besides, I haven’t been home since I was 4.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 1:35 am :bighug:
Such a relief, huh? You’ve worked your arse off all your life all over the world. Time to relax, get Ted those hula lessons he’s always wanted. :kiss:

If it weren’t for COVID, I’d volunteer to be your aide for a week while you look. I still have a ticket from when my almostdaughter graduated from UH 2 months after the pandemic started and besides, I haven’t been home since I was 4.
:shock: How did you know that sometimes I get up and dance to music and Ted joins in? :o

Also, you are welcomed any time after I resettle. Everyone here is. I miss my Hawaii forum mates. There's just me left :crying:

But you might not be happy to see how Hawaii was changed. I was away for most the 90's and was heartbroken when I visited the Big Island for a month to look into returning. So much had changed. It had become the mainland with mainland values. I decided I couldn't return to Hawaii, but then I visited Kauai. (In a Hawaiian kind of way, I had a dream that I should visit Kauai. I had never been here before.) Aloha is highly valued, ohana is everything. I got a job offer and moved here.

It was hard to be accepted. Previous employees didn't last long. People didn't wanted to rent to them and didn't trust them. A lot of people who move here can't get a one year lease. A lot of people run away angry in their 2nd year, sometimes trashing the rental & stiffing the landlord and others. Usually newcomers are avoided until they pass the 2 year mark.

When I arrived here, I met someone who had a house for rent. She asked about Hawaii references. I mentioned people I knew on the Big Island. One of them was her close relative! Instant approval & lowered rent. Then I met with community elders to "talk story", and they told the community that I have "a heart of aloha" and they can trust me. So here I've been for 22 years despite all its quirks.

Living in a big city is a huge change. Good grief - I'll have to lock my door! Wish me luck.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Lots of Luck!!!
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Bonne chance!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

Well, I have one more week away from the office. I stopped answering emails last week and mostly just stay quiet in bed. I've been able to adjust my retirement funds and am ready to talk with the retirement program. I'm not able to do much, but am doing some minimal sorting to get of rid of things. Like suits. Don't need them any more. Also, son needs to tell me what to do with boxes of books he left here. Might as well get this purge underway even though I can't do much right now.

Also have various things that I bought for Ted and he refused to use because they don't match with what I use. Like a special mattress and tent for relaxing outside and an orthopedic doggy mattress. :roll: Going on craigslist soon.

Had a 2nd covid test, and it was negative. Whew!

Now I'm focusing on relocating to Oahu. I have to live within a certain district for political/family reasons, but the preliminary lines won't be drawn until late 2021. Once that happens, I can move ahead with finding a condo. I need to be in a dog friendly condo and near a park for walking Ted. I really want a ground level apartment, but there are dangers for people on the ground level. This is going to take awhile....
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Enjoy the process, Lani. :bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “General Stuff”