Trump v. ABC & George Stephanopoulos

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

It wasn't rape, it was only a sexual assault! Also, too, Donny once again slanders E. Jean Carroll.

Aaron Rupar
@atrupar

Trump sued ABC and George Stephanopoulos for defamation over George Stephanopoulos's interview of Nancy Mace -- and my thread about the interview is cited repeatedly in the complaint
Complaint - https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 83.1.0.pdf
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
much ado

Post by much ado »

This should be a slam dunk for ABC and George Stephanopoulos. Judge Kaplan has already ruled that Trump's actions meet the common (dictionary) definition of rape. It is so stupid of Trump's lawyers to advance this suit. (But they just do what Trump tells them to.) Trump must think that suing for defamation is an easy win, since Carroll won her suit. He really needs to find $500 million somewhere.

Once again...

WaPo gift: Judge clarifies: Yes, Trump was found to have raped E. Jean Carroll
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:think: does Teh Donald still have free cash and assets to pay the SLAPP attorney fees?
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

Here is Judge Kaplan's order clarifying that Trump raped Carroll under the dictionary definition of rape.

https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... .212.0.pdf
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

This one is filed by a new attorney for Trump, Alejandro Brito from Corral Gables. Brito isn't very brito if he thinks this will go anywhere.
Rolodex

Post by Rolodex »

Did they get his name from a bus stop bench? Not that there's anything wrong with bus stop bench lawyers, but I'm thinking those lawyers aren't the kind you use for defamation.
Do the right thing. It will gratify some people and astonish the rest. - Mark Twain
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Reality Check wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:24 am This one is filed by a new attorney for Trump, Alejandro Brito from Corral Gables. Brito isn't very brito if he thinks this will go anywhere.
Its all about billable hours. I just hope he got a large retainer from the mango mussolini.
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Rolodex wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:14 pm Did they get his name from a bus stop bench? Not that there's anything wrong with bus stop bench lawyers, but I'm thinking those lawyers aren't the kind you use for defamation.
He's the best lawyer in America according to his own web site.
Best Lawyers in America in Commercial Litigation & Franchise Law

Alejandro Brito has been recognized in “The Best Lawyers in America” publication since 2006, and as recently as 2023. Attorneys must be nominated for this honor, which is based on exhaustive peer reviews conducted by some of the top attorneys in the U.S.
https://britopllc.com/
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Everything You Wanted to Know About The Best Lawyers in America©

by: Meranda M. Vieyra of Denver Legal Marketing -
Wednesday, October 9, 2019

Many solo practitioners and lawyers in small firms spin their wheels when it comes to personal marketing efforts. At the end of the day, law firm marketing often takes a backseat to the demands of practicing law and business ownership. Still, online platforms like The Best Lawyers in America are a quick and relatively painless marketing tool that many attorneys forget completely about. Utilizing these third-party platforms can help your practice be:

On the other hand, Best Lawyers in America can be a hassle to keep current, and it does cost money to have a visible profile on their site. Here are the key things you should know about Best Lawyers in America before you decide to make it a part of your small law firm’s marketing plan.

What is Best Lawyers in America?

Best Lawyers in America is an online lawyer and law firm review website that is searchable for members who have been included on a Best Lawyers peer-reviewed list or have paid for advertising through the site. Best Lawyers is a magazine, first and foremost, and they produce editions for major markets (Denver, Salt Lake City, etc.) as well as national and international editions. They also produce and curate news content related to legal advice and news.

Since 2009, Best Lawyers in America has joined forces with U.S. News and World Report to rank over 14,000 law firms each year for the coveted title of “Best Law Firms in America.”

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/ev ... rs-america
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

Sounds like Best Lawyers in America is semi-legit. It reminds me of the Who's Who books. I was supposedly listed in the Who's Who of American high school students and later the one for college students. I figured pretty quickly that the main privilege I had earned was the right to buy a copy of the book for $35 or $40 to see my name in it. I had finished first in my HS class and magna cum laude in college so I figured that's how they got my name and address. I never bought either.
bob

Post by bob »

Reality Check wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:24 am This one is filed by a new attorney for Trump, Alejandro Brito from Corral Gables.
Not new.

Brito signed the defamation complaint against Cohen. (It was voluntarily dismissed months after its filing.)

Brito also shows up in the FEC filings.
Image ImageImage
Reality Check

Post by Reality Check »

bob wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:21 pm :snippity:
Not new.

Brito signed the complaint against Cohen. (It was voluntarily dismissed months after its filing.)

Brito also shows up in the FEC filings.
Nice find. Probably of the same political persuasion.
realist

Post by realist »

The weasel words...
Best Lawyers in America is an online lawyer and law firm review website that is searchable for members who have been included on a Best Lawyers peer-reviewed list or have paid for advertising through the site. Best Lawyers is a magazine, first and foremost, and they produce editions for major markets (Denver, Salt Lake City, etc.) as well as national and international editions. They also produce and curate news content related to legal advice and news.
Image X 4
Image X 32
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Reality Check wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:10 pm Sounds like Best Lawyers in America is semi-legit. It reminds me of the Who's Who books. I was supposedly listed in the Who's Who of American high school students and later the one for college students. I figured pretty quickly that the main privilege I had earned was the right to buy a copy of the book for $35 or $40 to see my name in it. I had finished first in my HS class and magna cum laude in college so I figured that's how they got my name and address. I never bought either.
Who's Who is exactly what I thought of when I saw the claim.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Reality Check wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:10 pm Sounds like Best Lawyers in America is semi-legit. It reminds me of the Who's Who books. I was supposedly listed in the Who's Who of American high school students and later the one for college students. I figured pretty quickly that the main privilege I had earned was the right to buy a copy of the book for $35 or $40 to see my name in it. I had finished first in my HS class and magna cum laude in college so I figured that's how they got my name and address. I never bought either.
Likewise
Has everybody heard about the bird?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”