Interesting Youtubes

much ado

Interesting Youtubes

Post by much ado »

keith wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:48 pm
much ado wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:44 pm :snippity:

ETA: Here's another. A young native German speaker who thinks that some English words are better, not ugly like the German. I like that she speaks with an American English accent.
I like "Shit Wing". Imma gonna start calling 'em that.

She doesn't have an American accent - but she does sound like she learned English as a second language in America.
True, she has a German accent, but she is attempting an American accent with its r's and non-British vowels. I'm not sure she's spent much time in America, but my understanding is that a German can choose learning English with an American accent if they desire. I'm sure others here know much more about this.

ETA: Behold! I just found this. The very same young woman explains why she thinks she speaks with an American accent even though she was supposed to have been taught a British accent in school. It's kind of interesting...

Why Do GERMANS speak AMERICAN ENGLISH?

Suranis

Interesting Youtubes

Post by Suranis »

Hic sunt dracones
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Interesting Youtubes

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Speaking of German, here's a German language rap song I love. It's also becoming background video for uncounted thousands of TikTok and Instagram videos.

Apparently, this is a reworking of a German nursery rhyme/tongue twister that riffs on the similarity between the words "Barbara," "rhubarb," "barbarian" and "barber" to great comic effect. The video links to the lyrics in the original German and to the English translation.

It's making me want to start learning German via Duolingo...
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Interesting Youtubes

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:rotflmao:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “Arts, Music, Photography, and stuff like that”