True Heroes

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

True Heroes

Post by raison de arizona »

Nicholas Bostic, 25
non aesthetic things @PicturesFoIder wrote: 25 yr old pizza delivery man runs into burning house, saves four children who tell him another might be in the house. He goes back in, finds the girl, jumps out a window with her, and carries her to a cop who captures the moment on his bodycam.
Wolf of X @tradingMaxiSL wrote: 🚨 Context 🚨

Nicholas Bostic, 25, was driving past the home in Lafayette when he spotted the blaze and dashed inside to get an 18-year-old and four youngsters to safety,

Four siblings, aged 1, 6, 13 and 18, and a 13-year-old who was sleeping over were saved by his brave actions, according to officials.

Mr Bostic says he did not have his phone with him and could not call 911 so he ran to the backdoor and headed upstairs before getting some of the youngsters out.

When they told him that the six-year-old was still inside, he headed back into the blaze and despite thick smoke found her. He then punched out a window so they could escape to safety.

Mr Bostic was hospitalised for severe smoke inhalation and a serious cut to his arm
, police said. He has now been discharged.

“The dad said he’d love to take me out for a dinner. They have wide-open arms welcoming me as a part of their family,” he told ABC7 Chicago.

“I’m glad I was there at the right time, the right place. If opportunity came again and I had to do it, I would do it.

“I knew what I was risking. I knew the next second it could be my life. But every second counted.”

The children’s parents, David and Tiera Barrett, had been out on a date night and returned to find emergency vehicles outside their home.

“I literally told him he’s now part of our family,” David Barrett told The Perdue Exponent.

“And he was all on board with it. Once we get settled someplace, we’re going to invite him over and his girlfriend for dinner.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

True Heroes

Post by Volkonski »

Wow!
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
AndyinPA
Verified:

True Heroes

Post by AndyinPA »

:lovestruck:

Very much a hero!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Mrich

True Heroes

Post by Mrich »

Oh, I'm literally sobbing - the bravery of that man!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

True Heroes

Post by Foggy »

:clap:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
roadscholar

True Heroes

Post by roadscholar »

Hero? I think rather Sainthood.

Amazing.
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.

Return to “General Stuff”